ADVERTISEMENT

Football schedule out on Thursday

Kinda off topic question:

Why didn't CUSA Basketball get the same TV deal as football? None of the Basketball games are on ESPN.

I want Walden to go bowling in year one, but that OOC is looking like murders’ row with @Nebraska, @Colorado St, @Tennessee and S Utah at home (lol).

S Utah should be a win, we have a fighter’s chance at CSU, but if Liberty/WKU are on the schedule that pushes us to five must win conference games. It’ll be close, but we might be able to clear 6 wins depending how the CUSA shakes out

I want Walden to go bowling in year one, but that OOC is looking like murders’ row with @Nebraska, @Colorado St, @Tennessee and S Utah at home (lol).

S Utah should be a win, we have a fighter’s chance at CSU, but if Liberty/WKU are on the schedule that pushes us to five must win conference games. It’ll be close, but we might be able to clear 6 wins depending how the CUSA shakes out
2-2 in OOC is a possibility. Regardless, it's CUSA . We should not be struggling to win 4-6 games in CUSA, so bowl eligibility should definitely be the expectation.

Man I hope we’re both wrong and Walden leads them to an incredible 9-3 with an upset win.
He gave Tennessee hell last season (Austin Peay vs Tennessee is on YT if anyone is interested). Nebraska has an elite defense but you never know... maybe their offense will be putrid.

They'll definitely be losses but it would be great to see utep go and atleast compete in those games.

Reactions: Lil_Train
No Jax St this year
NMSU final game of the season
FIU only Wednesday home game
Kennesaw St final home game

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
Nobody knows and if they tell you they do they're just farting in the wind. Next season is a complete unknown at this point!
I’d bet under 6 wins if I were a betting man. Way too many unknowns with this team.

Reactions: EPUTEP
What are our six most likely wins?
Assuming UTEP holds serve at home (highly doubtful), they’ll still need one on the road. NMSU? It’s the last game of the season. Usually by this time UTEP has nothing to play for and has already quit.

The five home games should all be Ws. We’re gonna have to win in Ruston or Las Cruces to make a bowl.

Why would anyone buy a season ticket to this mess?
Only 5 home games.
Two are on weeknights.
Southern Utah, Sam Houston, FIU, Middle Tenn., Kennesaw State.
Huge rivals.
No thanks.

I hate CUSA. Ignorance in conference alignment. Stupidity in conference alignment. Ridiculousness in conference alignment. Absurdity in conf...

Have a great day, everyone!

Why would anyone buy a season ticket to this mess?
Only 5 home games.
Two are on weeknights.
Southern Utah, Sam Houston, FIU, Middle Tenn., Kennesaw State.
Huge rivals.
No thanks.
You didn’t hear about the best part about season tickets. Last season 6 home games were $65. This season 5 home games are $65.

Hire a coach nobody had previously heard of, take away a game, then proceed to charge the same. #Senternomics

Here is the Schedule if you dont want to click the link:

August 31 @ Nebraska
Sept 7 vs Southern Utah
Set 14 @ Liberty
Sept 21 @ Colorado St
Oct 3 vs Sam Houston
Oct 10 @ Western Kentucky
Oct 16 vs FIU
Oct 22 @ La Tech
Nov 2 vs Middle Tenn
Nov 9 vs Kennesaw St
Nov 23 @ Tennessee
Nov 30 @ NMSU

You didn’t hear about the best part about season tickets. Last season 6 home games were $65. This season 5 home games are $65.

Hire a coach nobody had previously heard of, take away a game, then proceed to charge the same. #Senternomics
Southern Utah is a premium game. Didn’t you know that? 🤡

2-2 in OOC is a possibility. Regardless, it's CUSA . We should not be struggling to win 4-6 games in CUSA, so bowl eligibility should definitely be the expectation.
I don’t know if UTEP can knock off Colorado St on the road. If they do that they probably give Liberty a run for their money. I am willing to accept this year will be a learning year. As long as I see an offense trying to open up and go for it, giving me some hope albeit it false hope I can take it.

Reactions: Dmanminer
If they can get 4 wins, i'd say that a positive move... 6 would be pretty darn good... Hard to really know anything at this point.

Your order is out of sequence...

I don’t know if UTEP can knock off Colorado St on the road. If they do that they probably give Liberty a run for their money. I am willing to accept this year will be a learning year. As long as I see an offense trying to open up and go for it, giving me some hope albeit it false hope I can take it.
They play Liberty first. Most likely getting smashed even worse than at the sun bowl. Anything better than a 1-3 start is huge.

I’d bet under 6 wins if I were a betting man. Way too many unknowns with this team.
I wouldn't bet on this team yet, if I was a betting man and I am lol idk know if we have an O line, we might just have skill players running for their lives!!! Lol 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
They play Liberty first. Most likely getting smashed even worse than at the sun bowl. Anything better than a 1-3 start is huge.
A win over any of those two is a statement of intent. Given all the changes at the team this off-season it’s going to be tough to get all the parts in order that quickly.

Reactions: JCorona
I wouldn't bet on this team yet, of I was a betting man and I am lol idk know if we have an O line, we might just have skill players running for their lives!!! Lol 😆
Yeah I think coach will need a year to recruit, instill his culture, offense/defense, retain and recruit/get transfers to fill in needs. Phase 1.

I'm not expecting a huge turnaround in year 1.

Here is the Schedule if you dont want to click the link:

August 31 @ Nebraska
Sept 7 vs Southern Utah
Set 14 @ Liberty
Sept 21 @ Colorado St
Oct 3 vs Sam Houston
Oct 10 @ Western Kentucky
Oct 16 vs FIU
Oct 22 @ La Tech
Nov 2 vs Middle Tenn
Nov 9 vs Kennesaw St
Nov 23 @ Tennessee
Nov 30 @ NMSU
Why Tennessee so late? While late season OOC games aren't unheard of, they almost always happen early in the season.

November games are normally in the afternoon. The home opener will most likely be the only Saturday night game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT