ADVERTISEMENT

For the People That Want to Retain Floyd- How Many More Years Should He Get

You just do not give up. You pound the drum, I am in the majority we want Coach gone! When that isn't even remotely close to being true. You now stir it up with how long. Get a life and quit trying to stir things up.....

Originally posted by PickAx:
You just do not give up. You pound the drum, I am in the majority we want Coach gone! When that isn't even remotely close to being true. You now stir it up with how long. Get a life and quit trying to stir things up.....
This is a UTEP message board. Fair question to ask. Not trying to stir up anything.

Floyd

Floyd made some errors in recruiting and it came back to bite him. Moore, Hamilton, Sandifer or whatever his name is, these guards along with other non qualifiers hurt the program big time. Had these cats made it through the program, the result would have been different. At the end of the day, it still is Floyd's fault because he is the one recruiting and in charge. But I can also see where things went wrong. If he can correct this and change the way he recruits, we are in good hands.

I will say I did feel stabbed in the back when he wanted to go to Missouri last year. So, I'm good with him staying here and fixing this, and I will cut him a break for the failures we have had, but he needs to show us commitment too.

Re: Floyd

Originally posted by Nugget 07:

I will say I did feel stabbed in the back when he wanted to go to Missouri last year. So, I'm good with him staying here and fixing this, and I will cut him a break for the failures we have had, but he needs to show us commitment too.
facts not in evidence ....I don't believe that crap for a second,

Originally posted by SodaPopinski:
Originally posted by STCarlosEP:
So 8 years? How many D1 schools give their coaches 8 years without producing?????
I don't know. Look it up and tell me.
Point averted. Most of us know that the answer to the question is, not many, if any.

Originally posted by STCarlosEP:
So 8 years? How many D1 schools give their coaches 8 years without producing?????
Northwestern gave Bill Carmody 13 years.

I'd like to see what Tim Floyd can do with another two years. I like the size he's been able to recruit to UTEP; he just needs to do something about the point guard situation. I cut him a little slack because of some bad luck with recruits, not all his fault. He does need to adapt.

Originally posted by FeralFelidae:

Northwestern has never been to the Big Dance ever.

Northwestern went to the NIT 4 years straight, advancing to the second round and the quarterfinals, and even got Northwestern its first ever Top 25 ranking, and he still got fired.

the question begs a quantitative answer to a subjective question.

but I'll make it quantitative. Floyd should be dismissed when his teams do not graduate players in five years, when he doesn't win 20 games in any year, when his APR is below the average of all peer schools and when the DHC attendance is insufficient to pay for the expense of subsidizing the team. this is an "all of the above", not any one single event.

when that happens, take him to San Jacinto Plaza and have him shot.

happy?

MF

Originally posted by El Paso Chihuahuas:

Northwestern went to the NIT 4 years straight, advancing to the second round and the quarterfinals, and even got Northwestern its first ever Top 25 ranking, and he still got fired.
Great, let's have a program like Northwestern then. No expectations and no hope. We're almost there. Even Northwestern can win in the NIT and get in the Top 25, UTEP hasn't under Floyd.

After 13 years. He didn't get the 'Cats to the NIT until year 9 and the quarterfinals in year 11. In year 13, it was clear that we were back to rebuilding. I wanted to fire him around year 5 because I didn't feel he put enough of a priority on the defensive side of the game.

After 13 years. He didn't get the 'Cats to the NIT until year 9 and the quarterfinals in year 11. In year 13, it was clear that we were back to rebuilding. I wanted to fire him around year 5 because I didn't feel he put enough of a priority on the defensive side of the game.
But he got it done. He brought things to Northwestern that have never been done and he still got fired.

But he got it done. He brought things to Northwestern that have never been done and he still got fired.
He was hardly the first to take Northwestern to the NIT. The brief Top 25 ranking also wasn't the first time ever, although it was the first time in decades. It's too bad he couldn't maintain that ranking to earn an NCAA Tournament invitation.

It's too bad that in a conference that routinely earns 6, 7, 8 invitations to the Big Dance that Carmody's team was never one of those 6, 7, 8. It's too bad that Northwestern has never even made the semifinals of its own conference tournament (the vast majority of those seasons during Carmody's 13 year tenure).

No, Carmody didn't get it done, and he was given 13 years to try.

He was hardly the first to take Northwestern to the NIT. The brief Top 25 ranking also wasn't the first time ever, although it was the first time in decades. It's too bad he couldn't maintain that ranking to earn an NCAA Tournament invitation.

It's too bad that in a conference that routinely earns 6, 7, 8 invitations to the Big Dance that Carmody's team was never one of those 6, 7, 8. It's too bad that Northwestern has never even made the semifinals of its own conference tournament (the vast majority of those seasons during Carmody's 13 year tenure).

No, Carmody didn't get it done, and he was given 13 years to try.
Fair enough. Still accomplished more than Floyd. Hopefully Floyd figures it out.

I would like to see Tim Floyd Retire here. Let him stay here as long as he wants.

Originally posted by MusicBob:

Originally posted by FiliUTEP:

I would like to see Tim Floyd Retire here. Let him stay here as long as he wants.
So you would be happy if Floyd stays here for 5 more years with 0 trips to the Big Dance?
This is a perfect example of why no one respects you (that's a fact). You turn innocent statements into absolutes. Oh, and here is an emoticon so you don't take my post too literal.

rude_emoticon_finger_tile_coaster.jpg

Originally posted by MistaBinks:

Originally posted by MusicBob:

Originally posted by FiliUTEP:

So you would be happy if Floyd stays here for 5 more years with 0 trips to the Big Dance?
This is a perfect example of why no one respects you (that's a fact). You turn innocent statements into absolutes. Oh, and here is an emoticon so you don't take my post too literal.

ec
Thanks for the compliment! Stay classy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT