ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Hardison final stat line

Why would a Grad transfer come to Utep?? Starting job isnt available . Grad Transfers usually want the starting job.
A grad transfer who knows they’re better than the other options, similar to Bailey Zappe with WKU. We don’t have a four year starting senior, an NFL prospect, or a highly touted recruit so yea, I would argue the starting job is open if Gavin is beaten in Riudoso.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
A grad transfer who knows they’re better than the other options, similar to Bailey Zappe with WKU. We don’t have a four year starting senior, an NFL prospect, or a highly touted recruit so yea, I would argue the starting job is open if Gavin is beaten in Riudoso.
Almost everyone on this board asked for Zappe and Kittley during the off-season. Instead we got Dimel’s old buddy.

So now we have 4 qb's on the roster for next year, so far. Hardison and Brownholtz will be juniors, Hurley I assume will be a redshirt sophomore and Rodriguez will be a redshirt freshman. The way the qb position is handled it would not surprise me if another qb or 2 leave.

A lot of freaking out here over a guy few, if any of us, know anything about.

Not saying Hardison should be the unquestioned starter or doesn't have flaws, but no one here can say they know for sure that Longino is equal or better.
Obviously we didn’t know his ceiling, but at the same time it would have been nice to for UTEP to have a young QB who could take the reigns in a year or two. Someone who learned the system and could step in ready to go.

It's hard to keep a QB that knows he's going to be on the bench for the next 2 years. Hardison isn't getting replaced despite what some on here are asking for

Reactions: axingfools1
That’s how many careers are started and ended though.
My guess is that this is the year we recruit the next QB. Next year he will redshirt, in 2 years he watches from the sidelines and becomes the starter as a redshirt sophomore. Dimel doesn't bloke to play young guys

My guess is that this is the year we recruit the next QB. Next year he will redshirt, in 2 years he watches from the sidelines and becomes the starter as a redshirt sophomore. Dimel doesn't bloke to play young guys
We’ll see. It’s pretty obvious UTEP needs a 2nd option

A lot of freaking out here over a guy few, if any of us, know anything about.

Not saying Hardison should be the unquestioned starter or doesn't have flaws, but no one here can say they know for sure that Longino is equal or better.
Hmm. I didn’t sense any of that. Just another guy we’ll never see on the field. Another guy who won’t push our underwhelming starter for the job. HOLY ****IN’ SHIT!!!

Reactions: develman
Any predictions how he does this season??

I think he beats his numbers from last season.

Before bowl 2,941 yards 21 tds passing 5 rushing tds 11 int's
He isnt a running QB. I dont think he gets any running TDs. That's what you have Hankins for.. I think you can add those 5 rushing Tds to his passing TDs.

He isnt a running QB. I dont think he gets any running TDs. That's what you have Hankins for.. I think you can add those 5 rushing Tds to his passing TDs.
Over under 2.5 rushing td's I'll take the over. 5 you're right is too many I'll give him 3 and up his passing to 23 TD's

Last edited:
Before bowl 2,941 yards 21 tds passing 5 rushing tds 11 int's
I’d expect improvement, but realistically his numbers will be roughly the same with Cowing and Garrett gone. Combine that with Dimel’s run first offense and 3200/22TD/10INT sounds about right

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I expect for Hardison to have a banner year, I really do. This is the season UTEP fans have been waiting for to see that bazooka arm refined and improved.

By refined and improved, I mean:

-Short yardage situation. Finesse passes. He does not need to throw a fast ball sometimes.
-No forcing of passes.
-He does not have to go for the home run. I know having Cowing was great but short yardage rather completion is better than an incomplete on 2nd and 10 home run shot. 3rd and 5 is better than 3rd and long (it opens up the play book more).

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
With no proven deep threat, I'm afraid that teams with load the box to stop our run game. Hardison must have some quick release plays to get the offense going.

Hey, Fili how many of your 80-plus billion brain cells do you have left? The over and under would be 2.5, and I don't want to mention the total.
I'll break it down for Fili, no worries....
Fili, Sally and Johnny both buy a 10 lb bag of apples. Sally's bag has 49 apples in it and Johnny's bag has 50 apples in it. Who's bag has over 49.5 apples? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT