ADVERTISEMENT

Good things that Kugler did

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
He gave local kids a chance. Most of them wouldnt be playing college. Just look at Aaron Jones. He probably isnt a Packer if not for Kugler. I think AJ only came to utep because he gave his brother a scholarship. I think he does a good job at devloping players.

And this is a big reason why UTEP football is one the worst teams in college football right now.

Yeah but he still gave them a chance and it costed him. A lot of people here when he started wanted him to go for local talent. Alvin Jones wouldnt be playing college football if not for kugler. I myself am not the biggest kugler fan. Ive always complained about crappy recruiting classes. And lot of you said it didnt matter and that star ratings didnt mean anything.But i give him credit for giving local players a chance to play football.

The only good thing Kugler has done here was get our APR score almost perfect. And he deserves a lot of credit for that cause that is no easy accomplishment.
He has done a terrible job at developing players.

He gave local kids a chance because he was a lazy ass recruiter. He didn't want to put in the time to recruit. That's why the talent is the worst in years.

Reactions: LaserCoog
He brought in some good grad transfers. I'll give him that. I defended him for giving local kids a chance and some of the kids aren't bad but I have to admit that there is an obvious talent deficiency and that falls not only on the local kids but also the kids he's brought in from out of town as well. During his first coach's show he said that his goal was to have 1 kid from every high school in the city. I don't know why that would be a goal.

He gave local kids a chance. Most of them wouldnt be playing college. Just look at Aaron Jones. He probably isnt a Packer if not for Kugler. I think AJ only came to utep because he gave his brother a scholarship. I think he does a good job at devloping players.

Developing players? Local kids? Probably the, uh, least well thought out post on this board in at least the past 24 hours. By any standard, the past 5 years have been a disaster for UTEP football under Sean Kugler. This program has simply become uncompetitive. There HAVE been several really good (NFL calibre) football players to come our of UTEP during this period, but I would argue they were successful in spite of, not because of Sean Kugler and Co. Aaron Jones? From the day he stepped on the field, Kugler liked to killed him. And there were others. Believe that.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Other than raising the APR, he as has done nothing worth the 500k he gets paid. Hell for that kind of. Money in this town just hire the 9 best high school coaches here. They could produce the same results. ( Sarcasm of course)

I think he does a good job at devloping players.
Disagree.

With his recruiting, he needs solid assistants to develop and the best assistant he ever hired is at Arizona now, Kugler's biggest downfall is the lack of development of decent ZERO star athletes, and UTEP has one of the worst pass catching weapons in all of FBS.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Man there is so many liars here. When he started many people here were praising him for recruiting local players and how he developed players. Now that he has been losing people turn on him saying he is a lazy recruiter and stinks at coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT