ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible coach(ing)

Interesting comment made by a MTSU fan when asked on why Kermit wasn't let go earlier.

"It's not like we weren't winning. Kermit's only had one losing season in his 15 years. It was a frustration about winning bigger. It's hard to fire a coach outside of the P5 world that isn't losing.

As weird as this may sound I believe what turned Kermit from a good coach into a great coach was that he adapted. His style did not work with the Millennial generation. He was more old school Bobby Knight like which worked back in the day but doesn't work now. He figured it out. He didn't make the kids try to adjust to him he adjusted to them. I don't think there are that many coaches would reinvent themselves like that."

I've jokingly stated in the past that we are on the decade plan. It took Kermit nine years before winning his first post season game at MTSU. Since then he has posted a 147-52 record. Four regular season titles, one conference tournament championship, two NCAA appearances with one huge upset, a couple of NIT wins and still counting what he will accomplish this season.

I wish this would be the case for Floyd. That he adapts and starts taking UTEP back to the glory days. Kugler opened a twitter account today Floyd should do the same.

Reactions: unihorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT