ADVERTISEMENT

How does the Humble Pie taste this morning??

Context? I can assume what what you’re referring to, but I bet I’m not the only one who doesn’t know what you’re talking about.
You know what im talking about UTEP is 5-1. Nobody here predicted that. I know i have been hating on Dimel.

I predicted a 5-2 start. I thought USM would be tougher than they are. My prediction might still come true if we lose to LT. Hopefully I was wrong.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
If UTEP has a winning season I'll change my avatar. I should have said that when I first selected it.

You know what im talking about UTEP is 5-1. Nobody here predicted that. I know i have been hating on Dimel.
Well, with that explanation, I did assume correctly. Looking back at the thread jcorona reposted, I’m not sure why I didn’t take a stab at predicting outcomes. I know I’m on record for saying that I thought they played better last year and were close and thought this year would be even better. Never expected to be 5-1 though, I have to admit.

I will gladly eat crow for the last several years for saying Dimel will never get it done….if we get to a bowl game.

Well, with that explanation, I did assume correctly. Looking back at the thread jcorona reposted, I’m not sure why I didn’t take a stab at predicting outcomes. I know I’m on record for saying that I thought they played better last year and were close and thought this year would be even better. Never expected to be 5-1 though, I have to admit.

I will gladly eat crow for the last several years for saying Dimel will never get it done….if we get to a bowl game.
I think the bowl game is a lock at this point. Only have to win 1 more game out of the last 6. Don’t really see them losing 6 in a row

I think the bowl game is a lock at this point. Only have to win 1 more game out of the last 6. Don’t really see them losing 6 in a row
I agree. But stranger things have happened. There have been some 6 win teams not receive bowl bids, as rare as it is.

With that said, I fully expect we make one…with more than 6 wins. At that point, I’ll take my crow fried.

He’s not the most exciting coach, and I even think he is to blame for holding this offense back, but he will have far surpassed what I thought he was capable of. True story.

The schedule was set up for a strong start. I had better confidence in beating LT at home than USM on the road.

It's the second half of the schedule that worries me. Things can go downhill very quickly.

We will be underdogs to LT, FAU, UTSA, and UAB. UNT is a sleeping giant so that's not an easy win. I think our only winnable game left is RICE.

I hate to say LT is a must win game but I think it is if we want to have a good team and not just limp into a bowl. Which is not even guaranteed at .500 cuz three bowls are not participating this season.

I hate to say LT is a must win game but I think it is if we want to have a good team and not just limp into a bowl. Which is not even guaranteed at .500 cuz three bowls are not participating this season.

Not really worried about it. BYU is going the Independence Bowl, NMSU isn’t going to qualify and the MWC isn’t going to play themselves in the NM Bowl. UTEP is the most western team, a close drive away. UTEP will go to the NM Bowl if they win 1 more game.

I'm glad UTEP is winning. They are finding a way. To win on the road is a big step in the right direction. Next week is a huge game for everybody.

Unfortunately, I'm still not convinced we can compete with a decent team. I have to see more and the team/coaches still have a long way to go. Im sure even the players and coaches would agree.. There are still multiple obstacles for this team/staff to hurdle and still a LOT of cleaning up to do.

We will be underdogs to LT, FAU, UTSA, and UAB. UNT is a sleeping giant so that's not an easy win. I think our only winnable game left is RICE.
They're all winnable games. Rice might be the only one where UTEP is favored, but UTEP has a chance against any of those teams.

Let's just go beat LT and get that monkey off our back.

They're all winnable games. Rice might be the only one where UTEP is favored, but UTEP has a chance against any of those teams.

Yuup. CUSA’s strongest team is UTSA??? We play them at home. Winnable? I don’t know, but it wouldn’t be shocking. We don’t have Cincinnati or Coastal in the conference to play. All remaining games are “possible wins”.

We'll see. If I had to bet money I think we will lose to FAU, UTSA and UAB. I'm still 50/50 with LT. My perception can change after Saturday.

Tough game for the Miners coming up but not unwinnable. I think the team that takes care of the football best and controls penalties will have an inside track to win. Our defense has been playing well so hopefully we can get everyone healthy and mentally ready to slug it out.

So it just dawned on me that I might, “might” being the operative word, have to eat crow regarding Senter, too, and send him an apology for ripping him a new one in the final one of a string of emails. 😳

Note to jdubb, your statement yesterday about how you don’t believe people who say they hope they’re wrong, but…
Well, I think there’s a kernel of truth to that sentiment and I had to laugh at it because it had a ring of truth to it in my own case. I think as people we want to justify our anger and frustration and there’s been a lot of frustration regarding UTEP fb, like almost a lifetime’s worth, and that anger/frustration needs a target. It needs to be justified.

With that said, it’s also true that I’d love to eat crow all year long in return for some successful and winning and fb and bb seasons. Without doubt.

So it just dawned on me that I might, “might” being the operative word, have to eat crow regarding Senter, too, and send him an apology for ripping him a new one in the final one of a string of emails. 😳

A string of beating 5 horrible teams does not make up for his tenure here. Especially without seeing Golding coach for a year or two. He’s not fan friendly, has returned to not communicating with fans, gave an undeserved extension to Terry, hired Terry, raised ticket prices, and so on.

Ask yourself, how has anything really improved at UTEP since he took over. Not just talking about wins and losses from teams.

A string of beating 5 horrible teams does not make up for his tenure here. Especially without seeing Golding coach for a year or two. He’s not fan friendly, has returned to not communicating with fans, gave an undeserved extension to Terry, hired Terry, raised ticket prices, and so on.

Ask yourself, how has anything really improved at UTEP since he took over. Not just talking about wins and losses from teams.
Read…the operative word. This discussion ends right here for me. You can pick it apart on your own if you so desire.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

Give it a break. You yourself posted our overall sad history against anyone worth a damn in football. This is who UTEP has been for the last 50+ years with the rare winning season sprinkled here and there. Even those historic good teams didn’t beat more than one or two teams with a winning record.

I thought you said you were done talking about ticket prices. Its called inflation. Even if the team sucks things go up in price. It happens every where in the country. From the shitty taco stands to a shitty one bedroom apartment to our property taxes. Deal with life.

Give it a break. You yourself posted our overall sad history against anyone worth a damn in football. This is who UTEP has been for the last 50+ years with the rare winning season sprinkled here and there. Even those historic good teams didn’t beat more than one or two teams with a winning record.

I thought you said you were done talking about ticket prices. Its called inflation. Even if the team sucks things go up in price. It happens every where in the country. From the shitty taco stands to a shitty one bedroom apartment to our property taxes. Deal with life.

I was done talking about it as far as comparing or complaining about them. I was listing it as an issue that Senter had. And as far as your “inflation” comment goes, he raised them before the pandemic and before gas was $3.25 a gallon. So what else was being inflated when he became AD?

Trying to lump it in with the pandemic, when it was done way before then.

I was done talking about it as far as comparing or complaining about them. I was listing it as an issue that Senter had. And as far as your “inflation” comment goes, he raised them before the pandemic and before gas was $3.25 a gallon. So what else was being inflated when he became AD?

Trying to lump it in with the pandemic, when it was done way before then.
Everything has gone up in price. Its probably easier to list the things that haven't.

I’m not willing to give Senter or Dimel the thumbs up yet.
Senter has made a few good hires, namely the volleyball coach. ( He didn’t have to look hard or far.) I’m all in in Golding, time will tell,
As far as Dimel it’s great to be 5-1 but let’s see how we do against better competition. Boise is up and down, but we made them look like Alabama. How are we going to finish. If we win 2 more games and don’t get blown out in a bowl, l will admit he is a better coach than I thought. I will refrain from referring to him as Dismel.

Season is only half way over, could go either way. I'd for one say if he wins 7+ goes bowling and wins and repeats it again next year I'll admit I was wrong and his way as boring as it is can work at UTEP.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Season is only half way over, could go either way. I'd for one say if he wins 7+ goes bowling and wins and repeats it again next year I'll admit I was wrong and his way as boring as it is can work at UTEP.
UTEP still has a long way to go. IMO, that's why this game is a solid indicator of actual Dimel progress. These are things UTEP did not do well this past Saturday and they will not get away with against LT....

1) Efficiency (on 3rd downs). Even Dimel said it is not good so far. Drop passes are not dropped passes by wr's but now Hardison over throwing open targets. Now one TD drop was not his fault but a failure of the receiver to bring it in. He can't miss those open targets this Saturday.
2) Red Zone efficiency. You don't take points off the board but I realize sometimes you have to go for it if you have the player personnel package. Take the 3 points against LT and kick it off coach.
3) Pressure on the qb. UTEP D line has put great qb pressure other than Boise. Peveto threw some really nice blitz packages the last two weeks; however, I don't see it happening with La Tech.
4) Penalties. UTEP made a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct after stopping USM. Guarantee that will convert to points with the Bulldogs and better opponents.
5) Sideline management: When it's bad for UTEP, it gets worse. UTEP blew some crucial late first half seconds after getting a nice run. From game one to now, I still see players doing an Olympic forty to get personnel in (or off). Now that is 100% on Dimel. Only players sitting on the bench should be the ones getting a breather and hydration.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT