ADVERTISEMENT

I guess It's official. Canales is new UTEP OC?

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
He has a popular UTEP fan picture from the Price years splashed on his Twitter page with UTEP OC on it. Good to read he left Vols on good terms.

Reactions: kappasigmaminer
It’s good to have some coaches with active social media. I just gave him a follow.

Maybe he can bring a QB with him from Tennessee? Looking at Vols recruiting classes. For 2018 they have 2 QB that are 4 stars and for 2017 they got a 3 star QB from Texas. Im sure new coaching staff at Tennessee are going to want their own QB so one of them should get released.

Reactions: axingfools1
Maybe he can bring a QB with him from Tennessee? Looking at Vols recruiting classes. For 2018 they have 2 QB that are 4 stars and for 2017 they got a 3 star QB from Texas. Im sure new coaching staff at Tennessee are going to want their own QB so one of them should get released.

Why would they want to come here?

Reactions: Prospero915
He wasn't a 4 or 3 star recruit and he left because Lane Kiffin went to USC, not because of playing time.
Like Fili said, playing time, there's only one quarterback that can play at a time and a guy looking at 3-4 years on the bench is gonna transfer. That, combined with their comfort and familiarity with the staff will hopefully help us. Remember we got Jameil Showers who was a 3 star, so maybe we can get someone.

Reactions: FiliUTEP
Like Fili said, playing time, there's only one quarterback that can play at a time and a guy looking at 3-4 years on the bench is gonna transfer. That, combined with their comfort and familiarity with the staff will hopefully help us. Remember we got Jameil Showers who was a 3 star, so maybe we can get someone.

Ok, you're right. A 4 star quarterback who is planning on being on the Tennessee football team next year is all of a sudden going to come to UTEP because of playing time. :rolleyes:

If he wants playing time he could transfer to any mid major school and he will get playing time.

Showers transferred as a junior, not as a freshman or sophomore.

Ok, you're right. A 4 star quarterback who is planning on being on the Tennessee football team next year is all of a sudden going to come to UTEP because of playing time. :rolleyes:

If he wants playing time he could transfer to any mid major school and he will get playing time.

Showers transferred as a junior, not as a freshman or sophomore.
I'm not predicting it, just saying his resume and connections help. Not saying it's likely, saying its more likely now than it was two weeks ago.

im just going to ignore El Paso7777

well anyways looking at Vols Roster. They have two 4 star QBS coming in and they have true freshman Jarret Guarntano who played and he didnt do to well. They also have junior and freshman QB from Texas that played. I bet both QBs from TEXas would want to transfer . The two 4 stars coming QBS probably go to bigger schools. Guarntano maybe stays or goes to bigger school,I T would be nice Canales can bring Guarantano. If he does bring anyone with him i bet its one of the Texas kids. Quinten Dormady is the jr and Will McBride is the Fr.

im just going to ignore El Paso7777

well anyways looking at Vols Roster. They have two 4 star QBS coming in and they have true freshman Jarret Guarntano who played and he didnt do to well. They also have junior and freshman QB from Texas that played. I bet both QBs from TEXas would want to transfer . The two 4 stars coming QBS probably go to bigger schools. Guarntano maybe stays or goes to bigger school,I T would be nice Canales can bring Guarantano. If he does bring anyone with him i bet its one of the Texas kids. Quinten Dormady is the jr and Will McBride is the Fr.

Go ahead and ignore me since you can't take people disagreeing with you. There are some soft people on this board.

and it dont have to be a QB. Maybe he brings with him a RB or WR. UTEP needs all the help they can get on offense.

If i was Head Coach Dimel i try and get me a coaching staff that can bring me some players with them.

Maybe he can bring a QB with him from Tennessee?

Fili obviously said maybe and is just hoping for the best. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, I thought we were not supposed to settle for mediocrity? Now we are going to crap on people who are hoping for higher caliber athletes?

I don’t know. Call me crazy. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I think some people just like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

and it dont have to be a QB. Maybe he brings with him a RB or WR. UTEP needs all the help they can get on offense.

If i was Head Coach Dimel i try and get me a coaching staff that can bring me some players with them.

4 star Freshman recruits aren't going to come to UTEP.

You were the same person who said UTEP had a shot at hiring Kevin Sumlin.

Fili obviously said maybe and is just hoping for the best. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, I thought we were not supposed to settle for mediocrity? Now we are going to crap on people who are hoping for higher caliber athletes?

I don’t know. Call me crazy. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I think some people just like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Hoping for the best and being unrealistic are two different things.

It was laughable reading some people on here that thought we had a shot at hiring Kevin Sumlin.

What's next- UTEP is going to be in the College Football Playoff?

Why would a 4 star and 3 star recruit want to come to UTEP when they were recruited to a big school? I can understand a senior or graduate transfer, but not an underclassmen.

1auabm.jpg

How am I an asshole?

Some people agree with me and some people don't. I can't please everybody.
Its not about agreeing...I agree with some of your posts...its the way you come across...and unfortunately you can act really childish and antagonistic...but whatever

It can happen, will it happen? Probably not... I don't see the need to be "proving your point" on and on.... We get it, we are UTEP. Sounding so NMSUish...

It can happen, will it happen? Probably not... I don't see the need to be "proving your point" on and on.... We get it, we are UTEP. Sounding so NMSUish...

We are UTEP, but some on here think these 4 star recruits are going to decommit from an SEC school and come to UTEP. These are the same people who said we had a shot at Kevin Sumlin.

He went from TCU to Houston. That is of course the same as going from Tennessee to UTEP. :rolleyes:
I honestly don’t know if UTEP has ever had a 4 star player commit much the less flip from a P5. But I also don’t know if any coach has even attempted to pull that off.

As far as the kid I mentioned he flipped from TCU to UH. Don’t know why exactly.

It would be refreshing to at least try and poach some of those players. By offering them immediate playing time and a chance to make history in El Paso and become city legends.

I honestly don’t know if UTEP has ever had a 4 star player commit much the less flip from a P5. But I also don’t know if any coach has even attempted to pull that off.

As far as the kid I mentioned he flipped from TCU to UH. Don’t know why exactly.

It would be refreshing to at least try and poach some of those players. By offering them immediate playing time and a chance to make history in El Paso and become city legends.

I would rather be realistic and use time to sign players that we have a chance to get.

I have no problem with your way of thinking, but to me it's not really worth talking about.

I would rather be realistic and use time to sign players that we have a chance to get.

I have no problem with your way of thinking, but to me it's not really worth talking about.
Well the players we have a chance at getting have resulted in 50 years of shit. I think it’s time to be aggressive and try a different approach. Hopefully this coaching staff can pull a few prized recruits towards the Sun Bowl.

We need to get a graduation transfer. How bout Jerrod Hearns from Texas who switched to receiver. Give him a chance to finish his career as a starting QB. He would fit the offense very well.

Stars aren't a big deal.... Marcus Mariota was a 3 star recruit that not thought highly of

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT