ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Pease is locked up

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
Boise lost their oc today, hes going to ncst. One would have to think Pease would be at the top of the list to replace him. Im sure we are paying him at least 300,000 annually. I think its going to be fine but the next few days could be interesting.

F Boise state. If Pease is a man of his word, he will remain at UTEPIA. If he leaves, good riddance, as we don't have time to deal with people that don't stay true to their word.

Sadly, honoring one's "word" is virtually a thing of the past. I was taught that a man always honored his word and a "handshake" was as good as a written contract. Most would laugh at that now. Like Judge Judy says, "If it isn't written in the contract, it doesn't exist."

Reactions: mine n for gold
Sadly, honoring one's "word" is virtually a thing of the past. I was taught that a man always honored his word and a "handshake" was as good as a written contract. Most would laugh at that now. Like Judge Judy says, "If it isn't written in the contract, it doesn't exist."
Even written contracts mean little these days. Didn't Kugler hire a DC when he first got here and the guy left for another job after spring practice?

Coaching is a business and you can't blame them one bit for going to a better program and make hundreds of thousands of dollars more. All of you guys would leave your jobs in a second, even right after a "hand shake" to make hundreds of thousand of dollars more to work for another company. College coaching is a cut throat business, one day you can have a job and the next day you can be cleaning out your office. I am sure Kugler will even tell Pease to take the Boise job if offered.

Coaching is a business and you can't blame them one bit for going to a better program and make hundreds of thousands of dollars more. All of you guys would leave your jobs in a second, even right after a "hand shake" to make hundreds of thousand of dollars more to work for another company. College coaching is a cut throat business, one day you can have a job and the next day you can be cleaning out your office. I am sure Kugler will even tell Pease to take the Boise job if offered.

I can guarantee you Kugler wouldnt tell Pease to take the Boise job. The outgoing oc at boise made 300k im sure Pease it making at least that much here. This isnt the old days, we are opening up the checkbook. He could leave for Boise, but it wont be a money issue.

Pease is more of the same. Jones, isn't a ground and pound RB and even if he was, simply smashing the LOS with two TE and one RB sets isn't going to put any fireworks on the field, much less the score board.

I get Kugs vision. The problem is it's not 1978.

On the positive side, I think Pease is a better OC than Higgins, but so was the pop warner coach that lived down the street. It's going to be the scheme that keeps this program running in first gear with a slipping transmission.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT