ADVERTISEMENT

I just wanna see improvement!

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
The biggest issue I have with the coaches and this team is that, they're getting worse not better as the season progresses. There's no doubt there's talent, but they do not play well together. Artist is definitely not what we thought he'd be so far, me included. So I'm just hoping to see some improvement and maybe they'll come together anduring gel, but it better happen quick. CUSA top 4 teams are LA Tech, M.Tenn and UAB. All those teams are improving and look alot better than UTEP. The silver lining is, only one team will get in. So even if it takes half the conference season to figure it out, as long as they do and find a way to win the tourney that's all that matters. We see what UAB did last year. So the season isn't quite terminal yet, but it's definitely a Doctor visit that requires medicine to fix, before it gets serious!

Here's what disturbs me. We are getting drubbed by bad teams. UT-Arlington is the only good team we've lost to. NMSU is not very good. They are in complete rebuild mode. They are replacing all five starters from last year. They shouldnt beat us. We have every competitive advantage over them. Floyd makes almost twice as much as Menzies. Our assistants make twice as much as their assistants. Our recruiting budget is three times larger than NMSU's. We play in a better conference. The biggest advantage is that we pay full coa, NMSU doesn't pay coa. We should dominate them every year. The disturbing thing is that during Floyd's tenure, Menzies has coached circles around Floyd. He's also brought in better talent than Floyd despite having half the resources of Floyd. In Floyd's sixth year its hard to find any silver linings. I hope they improve, but as of now I dont like the trajectory of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT