ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

Charlotte needs to pay us right fees
UTSA needs too.

What doesn't anyone follow the Utah model? Make your school a top research institution, get the president and state politicians in pushing for you, enhance your facilities, hire good coaches no matter if young or old and most importantly, go out and beat the big boys.

Stop wasting on uniform design, putting all your eggs in that basket for that one 4 or 5 star recruit but get the best for defense and offense to improve efficiency and if players can't play organized big boy D1 sports, replace with those that can.

UTSA needs too.

What doesn't anyone follow the Utah model? Make your school a top research institution, get the president and state politicians in pushing for you, enhance your facilities, hire good coaches no matter if young or old and most importantly, go out and beat the big boys.

Stop wasting on uniform design, putting all your eggs in that basket for that one 4 or 5 star recruit but get the best for defense and offense to improve efficiency and if players can't play organized big boy D1 sports, replace with those that can.

Would be nice but not realistic. It’s probably worth mentioning that the University of Utah is the flagship university of that state. I think that’s a difficult, if not impossible, model to follow for MOST schools.

UTSA needs too.

What about TX Tech, U. of AZ, AZ State? They started in the Border Conference and look at what happened to them.
TX Tech: From 1932 until 1956, the university belonged to the Border Intercollegiate Athletic Association. Texas Tech was admitted to the Southwest Conference on May 12, 1956. When the Southwest Conference disbanded in 1995, Texas Tech, along with the University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M University, and Baylor University, joined with all eight former members of the Big Eight Conference to form the Big 12 Conference.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Tech_Red_Raiders
U. of AZ: Outside of the Pac-12, Arizona has two dormant rivalries with two other former Border Intercollegiate Athletic Association members, the New Mexico Lobos and Texas Tech Red Raiders. Although Arizona remained in the Border Conference until it folded in 1961, New Mexico and Texas Tech withdrew from the Border Conference in 1952 and 1956 respectively. Both football programs remained on Arizona's schedule annually until the late 1970s, even though Texas Tech was a member of the Southwest Conference and New Mexico was a member of the Skyline Eight. In 1962, Arizona and New Mexico once again became conference rivals as charter members of the Western Athletic Conference. The Kit Carson Rifle was a traveling trophy exchanged between the Wildcats and Lobos from 1938 though 1990. Prior to the 1997 Insight.com Bowl, two schools announced the Kit Carson Rifle would not be awarded to the bowl game's winner because the trophy may have been used against Native Americans.[10]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Wildcats

What happens after they test positive? How many are hospitalized? How many die? How many continue their normal life?

What happens after they test positive? How many are hospitalized? How many die? How many continue their normal life?

Does it really matter? Once people stop testing positive, then we can resume life as normal. They might be able continue on as normal, but nobody knows of the long-term issues with the disease.

Reactions: Autograph Boy

I’m pretty sure no NCAA student athletes have died yet as a result of Covid-19. I think we’d hear about it. I would imagine with that age group there is about 1-2% who require hospitalization, if that. Axingfools would probably be further informed. Same with coaches. I haven’t heard of any dying, at least as of yet.

I would imagine after testing positive they go thru the standard protocol of at least 14 days quarantined and then two negative tests. Not sure if they quarantine at the school, or go home for it. Pretty sure they stay at the school unless, more intensive medical care is needed.

Does it really matter? Once people stop testing positive, then we can resume life as normal. They might be able continue on as normal, but nobody knows of the long-term issues with the disease.
Yes. If they’re testing positive but not getting sick then what’s the problem.

Yes. If they’re testing positive but not getting sick then what’s the problem.

You could pass it on to someone who might not.

A lot of people drive drunk or run red lights. In most cases, nothing happens and nobody is hurt. Now and again, we have those cases where people die because of it.

Just because you’re good, doesn’t mean others are. Why would you want to spread a disease that can kill somebody?

While everyone is focused on cases reported, everyone is turning a blind eye to the death rate. The number of deaths have decreased 90% since the peak of death in end of April (see link below).

The age of those testing positive is telling: younger people getting tested positive as number of testing increases and places reopen. Protect the vulnerable population keeping younger folks away from that vulnerable population.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

While everyone is focused on cases reported, everyone is turning a blind eye to the death rate. The number of deaths have decreased 90% since the peak of death in end of April (see link below).

The age of those testing positive is telling: younger people getting tested positive as number of testing increases and places reopen. Protect the vulnerable population keeping younger folks away from that vulnerable population.

True. If the cases go down though and young people don’t get infected, it will be safer for all. The worry is passing it on to an older person with underlying conditions. Not to mention, we do not know if there’s any long term effects. How do we know if it will stunt a 5 year olds growth, even though he didn’t get very sick?

That was my point. Every tweet posted here is telling us how many tested positive. I want to know how many of those positive results have translated to recovery or serious sickness.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02

Yes I think we all agreed that the death rate would drop when there was more testing, but some are thinking that means the virus is less dangerous. Its human nature to not worry much about something when it doesn't effect you. That takes a lot of effort, but trying to avoid the spread and those who are most succesptable is still of utmost importance.

Common sense. I Love It!!!!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
If UTEP does this are you buying?

No. Pure money grab and for total honks. EPLFC should give those for free to their season ticket holders, with their consent. UTEP should do the same and do them for free for their season ticket holders. Much better to donate $35 to UTEP instead of paying $35 for something like this. Only for fans that are full of themselves and honks.

Could you imagine an informative article like this one written for UTEP?

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/...cle_503954f6-392c-5fba-8663-6b98eddea459.html

“WKU ranks 12th of the 14 C-USA schools in terms of athletic operating budget, but has won 27 C-USA championships since joining the league in July 2014 – nine more than the two teams ranked second in the category.”

How many CUSA championships does UTEP have since then?

But yeah, good article. UTEP only allows media members to write fluff pieces on how good the team might be for the upcoming season.

“WKU ranks 12th of the 14 C-USA schools in terms of athletic operating budget, but has won 27 C-USA championships since joining the league in July 2014 – nine more than the two teams ranked second in the category.”

How many CUSA championships does UTEP have since then?

But yeah, good article. UTEP only allows media members to write fluff pieces on how good the team might be for the upcoming season.
There’s someone writing “reality” articles in Spanish about UTEP. One of the fans here didn’t like them.

There’s someone writing “reality” articles in Spanish about UTEP. One of the fans here didn’t like them.

I don't think anyone said they disliked them. I actually thanked him for writing them. They are from Edwardo Moran. But they are really not "reality" articles. They are just tidbits, but entertaining.

I don't think anyone said they disliked them. I actually thanked him for writing them. They are from Edwardo Moran.
Lol.
My bad man. I thought you called him a moron, but you were just saying his last name. I need to get my eyes checked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT