ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

Lol.
My bad man. I thought you called him a moron, but you were just saying his last name. I need to get my eyes checked.

That is funny because I was going to joke and say they came from " The Diarrhea" (El Diaro), written by a Moron (Edwardo Moran). But because I did not want to denigrate his work as it is appreciated it, I held off on the joke.

And if he reads this I want to thank him again, as I enjoyed it.

Christ, and you all biatch about the "liberal media"!

[National Sports Media]
tenor.gif

How safe is our football program if there's no football season. Could NMSU survive?

Nothing would surprise me. I would bet that Senter was betting big on the Tech and NMSU home games. NMSU needs their paydays as well. All home games are good money. No ticket sales, concessions, or parking and you’re looking at basically no revenue. I can’t imagine CUSA or CFP payouts will be anything.

Schools will feel it all over because I would guess not a lot of parents and loan takers are exactly thrilled to pay top dollar for online classes at UTEP, NMSU, UNT, etc. If I had a kid entering this year, they would be going to community college.

No new students, no football, and no sports equals big time problems for all schools. The Ivy’s and big money schools should be fine, smaller schools, not so much.

I believe Boise had just brought in the baseball program a few years ago, and they’re already shutting it down.

I believe Boise had just brought in the baseball program a few years ago, and they’re already shutting it down.

2020 is the first year they have played baseball since 1980. They were planning to build a ballpark, so that was why they decided not to go forward with baseball . They were going to play at the local Minor League ballpark this year.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
My prediction is there will be no non-conference games in 2020 and a slim chance any games will be played in 2020.

I think the NFL will play all or “most” of their season. I think there’s an outside shot of Notre Dame, Alabama, Auburn, and Michigan types playing “some” games.

It makes no sense for UTEP, NMSU, UNT, Texas St, Western Kentucky, and others to play games with no fans. Alabama vs Auburn with no fans is still something people want to see. G5 schools will be in trouble as I don’t think they play any games unless you can put fans in the stands.

Reactions: Autograph Boy

McMurphy’s source is correct, but that only applies to big name teams. There no is value to playing UTEP vs NMSU with no fans. Neither school is part of a valuable TV contract and with changes to major sports leagues seasons, nobody is going to put that game on their schedule.

I could see the NFL playing their games 7 nights a week this season. Still, nobody is wanting to televise the UTEP vs NMSU games of the world.

"However, after the Miners lost $1.3 million in revenue thanks in large part to the cancellation of the NCAA Tournament, it made the decision much easier as a way to limit spending."

UTEP makes that much money every year for not playing in the NCAA Tournament?
The benefits of conference affiliation. Even the lowly cusa is worth something.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Looks like PAC 12 and ACC also going to conference games only. There goes one payday for nmsu.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT