ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

350.png

Top Rank tested everyone when they entered “the bubble” and they’re still having individuals test positive. The more I think about it I think college football is going to have several positives once the season starts because their first line of defense is a player contract.

says everyone since there is a lot of money to be made..... money over health every time...

Says everyone? Where is everybody saying football is happening? Dr. Fauci just said the NFL may not be played. The season MAY happen, but nothing is definite.

Football season is happening
I anticipate many cancelations/forfeiture of games. Fall Covid #'s along with flu have experts concerned that health system will be overburdened.

"“It will likely be worse than the initial wave we experienced this spring,” Glatter predicted. “Combined with influenza, the intensity of both viruses combined could make our initial COVID-19 look benign.”"

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-a-covid-19-wave-in-the-fall-could-look-like

Soccer is about to begin. If they’re able to have a “full season” with only minor problems, then there is hope.

Cancel Senter. Everyone likes to shit about BS but this stat is interesting. By the end of his second year as AD, his two main sport coaches had won a football conference championship and an NIT game. We’ve only won one conference title in the last 75 years and two NIT games in the last 25 years.

How does Senter’s first two years compare to that?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I don’t care whether Senter knows about Juneteenth or not. I was more offended that he didn’t know which D2 New Mexico team we were playing days later. I expect the AD of a school like ours, to know the football and basketball schedule by memory.

At least he was honest enough to admit it. If he claimed he didn’t, someone would have outted him.

Cancel Senter. Everyone likes to shit about BS but this stat is interesting. By the end of his second year as AD, his two main sport coaches had won a football conference championship and an NIT game. We’ve only won one conference title in the last 75 years and two NIT games in the last 25 years.

How does Senter’s first two years compare to that?

Another stat

Every coach football coach Bob Stull hired had at least one winning season and Bowl appearance. All five basketball coaches made at least an NIT appearance. Terry is nowhere close to fielding even a NIT worthy squad. Dimel isn't close to winning multiple games in the same season.

Another stat

Every coach football coach Bob Stull hired had at least one winning season and Bowl appearance. All five basketball coaches made at least an NIT appearance. Terry is nowhere close to fielding even a NIT worthy squad. Dimel isn't close to winning multiple games in the same season.

He made 3 hires in 13 years. Does going 7-6 and making the New Mexico Bowl justify Sean Kugler’s hire? To be fair Dimel has only had 2 years and he’s repairing Kugler’s trash heap. Whether or not he’s doing a good job is another thing. Kugler was an awful hire, so is Dimel, but making 1 shitty bowl game doesn’t mean Stull made a good hire.

Reactions: Dmanminer
He made 3 hires in 13 years. Does going 7-6 and making the New Mexico Bowl justify Sean Kugler’s hire? To be fair Dimel has only had 2 years and he’s repairing Kugler’s trash heap. Whether or not he’s doing a good job is another thing. Kugler was an awful hire, so is Dimel, but making 1 shitty bowl game doesn’t mean Stull made a good hire.
By UTEP standards it was a good hire. Since 88 we’re averaging one bowl appearances every five years. Kugler did his job. I feel confident in saying by the time it’s done, Kugler will have done a better job than Dimel.

By UTEP standards it was a good hire. Since 88 we’re averaging one bowl appearances every five years. Kugler did his job. I feel confident in saying by the time it’s done, Kugler will have done a better job than Dimel.

1 year out of 5 = a good hire? He went 7-6 and lost in a crappy bowl. He didn’t go 10-3 and lost on a last second play to a P5 team. He lost to Utah St, in a boring game. Though @utep2step said we dominated the first half!

Kugler may end up doing a better job than Dimel, that doesn’t mean it was a good hire. Kugler was an awful hire, with that being said, it’s still better than Dismel.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
1 year out of 5 = a good hire? He went 7-6 and lost in a crappy bowl. He didn’t go 10-3 and lost on a last second play to a P5 team. He lost to Utah St, in a boring game. Though @utep2step said we dominated the first half!

Kugler may end up doing a better job than Dimel, that doesn’t mean it was a good hire. Kugler was an awful hire, with that being said, it’s still better than Dismel.
I’ve never seen a UTEP coach win 10 games. From what I’ve seen as a fan, any coach that can have a winning season and a couple others around .500 is considered good IMO.

I’ve never seen a UTEP coach win 10 games. From what I’ve seen as a fan, any coach that can have a winning season and a couple others around .500 is considered good IMO.

Does 1 very mediocre season by other schools standards, make up for 4 losing seasons and setting back a bad program even further?

Does 1 very mediocre season by other schools standards, make up for 4 losing seasons and setting back a bad program even further?
The aggies you want us to be like, seem to think so. They’re still holding on to their coach. One 7-6 season followed by 6 years of 2-10.

Not pertinent to the question or convo. That’s their deal and the longer they hold on to Martin, the better it is for UTEP.
At schools like UTEP/NMSU a coach like Kugler/Martin are considered good.

It seems that since Price/Barbee every coach we’ve hired is worse than the previous one. I would really hate to see which direction we go after Dimel. We keep saying there’s no where to go but up, then a guy like Dimel shows up with his shovel and shows us we haven’t dug deep enough yet.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
At schools like UTEP/NMSU a coach like Kugler/Martin are considered good.

It seems that since Price/Barbee every coach we’ve hired is worse than the previous one. I would really hate to see which direction we go after Dimel. We keep saying there’s no where to go but up, then a guy like Dimel shows up with his shovel and shows us we haven’t dug deep enough yet.

I don’t consider 1 bowl in more than 4 years to be good. I would call it less inept than previous coaches. There’s so many bowl games now, barely being .500 and making a bowl game, isn’t much of an accomplishment. However, in NMSU’s case, it was because of the length of time in between bids.

Dimel should have never been considered for head coach. He was wanted by nobody, still got hired here with a 5 year deal, and still coached in a meaningless KState bowl game instead of coming to start work here. Unless things drastically change, he might be the worst hire in College football history, not just here.

I'm not justifying Bob Stull's hires. He needed to be gone in about 2008. I'm just pointing out how god awful a trajectory Senter has us on. Honestly it couldnt be much worse.

We've had one winning season in 15 years. Sean Kugler is responsible for that season. On paper that justifies his hiring.

I'm not justifying Bob Stull's hires. He needed to be gone in about 2008. I'm just pointing out how god awful a trajectory Senter has us on. Honestly it couldnt be much worse.

We've had one winning season in 15 years. Sean Kugler is responsible for that season. On paper that justifies his hiring.

That’s fine. Is Senter off to a good start? No. Can “he” turn it around? Sure. I personally don’t think Terry will get it done here, as Bryson has 1 year left and I don’t think the team is better than last year, but he could still turn out to be a good hire.

I think Dimel is an awful hire. I would be ****in shocked if he turned it around. If the Miners play more than 4 games this year and Dimel doesn’t win any of them, I would give Senter credit for firing him. If he keeps him for year 4, after a shitty year 3, then Senter needs to go.

I think it’s assumed that Dimel is coming back for year 4. Regardless if we go 0-0 or 0-12. That’s why I honestly don’t mind a year without football.

I think it’s assumed that Dimel is coming back for year 4. Regardless if we go 0-0 or 0-12. That’s why I honestly don’t mind a year without football.

There’s absolutely no way he comes back if he goes 1-11 or 0-12. There comes a point in time where you need to sell tickets. What idiot would buy tickets to see a 3-33 coach?

Another stat

Terry had at least an NIT worthy squad last year, but he botched it with his decision making. Im afraid he may do the same this year (especially if we get some waivers). I dont know what the heck Dimel is doing, but if he can't recruit any better he is done. Football needs a jolt and I'm hoping Wilson can realize this soon.

There’s absolutely no way he comes back if he goes 1-11 or 0-12. There comes a point in time where you need to sell tickets. What idiot would buy tickets to see a 3-33 coach?
In Steve’s latest article he seems confident that Dimel returns even at 3-33.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT