ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose to SFA...

I would be on the fire Dimel bandwagon then. I’ve always said, a football team needs 3-4 seasons. I don’t care what’s been said on that subject in the many, MANY threads here; it’s my opinion.

Reactions: Cube Jack
9 out 11 in the state of Texas, that got to be a record. Win five or so could help with recruiting, lose those two against ACU and SFA will devastate the program.

We won't lose. Our talent at all positions has greatly improved especially at running back which is the staple of this type of offense. I think we'll have a serviceable quarterback at the very least. We have greatly improved size at the defensive tackle and linebacker positions and proven passrushers coming back. I'm more optimistic than I've been in a while.

We won't lose. Our talent at all positions has greatly improved especially at running back which is the staple of this type of offense. I think we'll have a serviceable quarterback at the very least. We have greatly improved size at the defensive tackle and linebacker positions and proven passrushers coming back. I'm more optimistic than I've been in a while.

Never say never. UTEP should be the betting favorite but if the QBs are trash and the D-Line gets dominated they could lose this game. I am not confident in either of those positions until they prove otherwise, plus the coaching staff better start being more aggressive with the play calling.

Is that you Dana?

Dimel is waiting for notification from K-State, whether to proceed with being aggressive or not... "it's a wait, and see"-Dimel... expect flip flopping of QB's, until the K-State staff, can find time to choose the UTEP starter... " Again, i'll let you know, when I hear something" stated Dimel after his first radio show.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If this team has any shred of pride they will stay in their dorms and no damn private house parties. Dimel needs to do like Haskins did his early years, he and his staff were constantly snooping on the players and "lights out!" meant exactly that.

You forgot to say” if the season is canceled “
no, no, no.... The rest of the football world is experiencing covid 19 for the first time. We've experienced it from the start of time. We're ahead of the curve. The rest of the schools ain't gonna know what hit them. We got this!

Reactions: Dmanminer
It was a year ago WKU suffered an embarrassing loss. They rebounded well and tops in CUSA in 2020 with a plethora of all conference talent.

Why has UAB and WKU gone from literal rebuilding mode to tops in league and UTEP is still a question mark? One opposing asst coach is on record stating UTEPFB looks impressive on the field but just can't put it together during a game which pretty much sums up Dimel Era.

Considering ACU beat Houston Baptist by 25 last season that game should be some indication of improvement, or lack thereof.

Still, losing to SFA would make the season a bust from the get-go

Reactions: axingfools1
If we lose to SFA or ACU we'll establish a new low point for the program which is unfathomable. Losses to either should force Senter to fire Dimel immediately. However, I think we all realize Senter is as big of problem as Dimel. If we lose either game Willson should sack Senter immediately. Then she has three months to find a new AD who's first order of buisness will be to sack Dimel.

Last edited:
If we lose to SFA or ACU and we'll establish a new low point for the program which is unfathomable. Losses to either should force Senter to fire Dimel immediately. However, I think we all realize Senter is as big of problem as Dimel. If we lose either game Willson should sack Senter immediately. Then she has three months to find a new AD who's first order of buisness will be to sack Dimel.
I think you might be right if it is Wilson doing the firing, otherwise I think its a coordinator that will be fired this season.

I think you might be right if it is Wilson doing the firing, otherwise I think its a coordinator that will be fired this season.
Firing sounds great, but can we afford it? Only asking since while we know what Dimel’s buy out/firing fee is, what’s Senters? Can we do both in one year?

UTEP football is a complete joke of a program. If the Miners lose next week, Dimel should be fired immediately. When you’re 2-22, you can’t lead off your 3rd season with a loss to a “average” FCS program. If we lost to James Madison or North Dakota St, that is “understandable”, but SFA isn’t a player in FCS. UTEP needs to win this game, more than any other game.

A loss is 100% unacceptable. I don’t care if it’s during a pandemic or not.

Firing sounds great, but can we afford it? Only asking since while we know what Dimel’s buy out/firing fee is, what’s Senters? Can we do both in one year?

Apparently we can since we’re paying two FCS teams to come play in front of 5,000 fans. Instead of taking road beatings, we’re paying teams to play here. Finances can’t be too bad.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
If Dimel beats the 2 FCS teams but struggles against them, his seat should get very warm heading into conference play. He he goes winless in the conference again, he needs to get fired at the end of the season. 1 CUSA conference win in 3 seasons is unacceptable and shows that this program hasn't shown any improvement in 3 seasons. I am not expecting him to have a bowl caliber team in 3 seasons , but 3 seasons is more than enough time to take this program a few inches off of rock bottom.

If we lose to SFA or ACU we'll establish a new low point for the program which is unfathomable. Losses to either should force Senter to fire Dimel immediately. However, I think we all realize Senter is as big of problem as Dimel. If we lose either game Willson should sack Senter immediately. Then she has three months to find a new AD who's first order of buisness will be to sack Dimel.

Just imagine if we lose both.

Reactions: JCorona
...I am not expecting him to have a bowl caliber team in 3 seasons...

Kugler did it in two. Sure he had AJ. Dimel has Wadley AND Hankins AND Fields.

The bowls UTEP can aspire to are totally achievable. Second, it has been proven over and over it can be done at UTEP and third, while CUSA is not what it once was it has fair tie-in's, meaning a NMSU, Rice, UTEP, La-Monroe, etc., can get in with six wins with a good competent coaching staff who can achieve at the mid major level.

Yeah. I still don't think that 5.1 million was ALL for the Sun Bowl.

That was all to finish this boondoggle of a renovation. The project was financed by 12 million in bonds and 4.75 million in donations. The extra year of construction added about 35% to the total cost.

Reactions: axingfools1
That was all to finish this boondoggle of a renovation. The project was financed by 12 million in bonds and 4.75 million in donations. The extra year of construction added about 35% to the total cost.
Yup. El Paso's growth actually added on to those costs as Senter admitted to it last year. When factoring in the costs UTEP athletics did not forecast tech availability (part of your economic "factors of production"). There are only so many companies that can complete that specific job and they were busy doing other jobs in El Paso and/or West Texas (demand). This pushed it back and added to the budget.

I don’t mean to discredit Senter’s excuse but I don’t buy it. Austin is growing at a much larger pace than El Paso. They’re building a 250 million dollar mls stadium while doing 170 million dollar renovations to Memorial Stadium. The cost have remained steady for both. Texas project is complete and the stadium is ahead of schedule. I don’t buy that bs from senter that El Paso couldn’t handle a simple 15 million renovation.

The truth to the delays is Senter didn’t have the money until Foster rescued him. Prove me wrong.

Reactions: develman
I don’t mean to discredit Senter’s excuse but I don’t buy it. Austin is growing at a much larger pace than El Paso. They’re building a 250 million dollar mls stadium while doing 170 million dollar renovations to Memorial Stadium. The cost have remained steady for both. Texas project is complete and the stadium is ahead of schedule. I don’t buy that bs from senter that El Paso couldn’t handle a simple 15 million renovation.

The truth to the delays is Senter didn’t have the money until Foster rescued him. Prove me wrong.
Simple google search shows construction delays all over from at least 2018. Add in getting materials in with or without a delay (which we don’t know about) etc etc. Austin is the state capital, of course things will get done quickly.
https://amp.elpasotimes.com/amp/1895751001

https://cbs4local.com/amp/news/loca...t-unable-to-give-answers-about-projects-delay

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT