ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Dorenbos

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Is he a hall of famer? Has a long snapper ever made the hall of fame?

He is in his 15th season and he just signed a 3 year extension. If he plays through his contract that will be 18 seasons. He has made some pro bowls. I think he is in conversation but i don't know if he makes it.

Is he a hall of famer? Has a long snapper ever made the hall of fame?

He is in his 15th season and he just signed a 3 year extension. If he plays through his contract that will be 18 seasons. He has made some pro bowls. I think he is in conversation but i don't know if he makes it.

No

Reactions: UTEPy79
Well if he is one of the best to ever do it. How is that not Hall of Fame material?

I think special teamers have little to no shot of getting in the Hall of Fame. There are only 2 kickers in the hall and the only guy I see who has a legitimate chance to make it from today's players is Adam Vinatteri. It just is what it is. If you're saying Dorenbos should get into the HOF then people like Steve Tasker, Bill Bates, Devin Hester, and Dante Hall should probably get in before him. Plus look at the logjam they have at WR every year with the voting, if they can't not get those guys in there is no way a special teamer gets in.

Last edited:
Haha really??? He is a great guy , good long snapper, but he has zero chance of becoming a hall of fame.

Pro Bowl Long Snappers are not selected by peers or fans, but the coaches choose the snapper. Many times they just get the guy from their own team. Dorenbos was selected when Eagles coach Andy Reid was the Head Coach and the next time was when John Harbaugh, his former special teams coach in Philadelphia, was the coach.

Playing in pro bowl is still playing in the pro bowl. Doesnt matter how they got selected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT