ADVERTISEMENT

LaTech at UTEP game discussion thread

Mike Cox is getting his pants pulled down on third down tonight.

Smith is 4-4 for 45 yards on third downs, we are the worst third down team in the world both on offense and defense. They've converted two third and shorts and a third and long. Pitiful performance again, this coaching staff cannot correct these little winning formulas like discipline and focus.

Only good thing watching this game is the 20 seconds of that Mina Kimes during halftime, she's a babe.

We beat on the offense a bunch, and rightfully so; but in my opinion, the defense is worse than last year. When was the last time we had a sack? Just a really poor product.
To give credit to any part of this team the last couple of years is really stretching the meaning of the word credit. We suck in every phase espeacially in the self-discipline area.

Should have gone for it on 4th down right there. Dismel is such a coward. Down by 3 touchdowns and he punts. What a loser

To give credit to any part of this team the last couple of years is really stretching the meaning of the word credit. We suck in every phase espeacially in the self-discipline area.
The kicker is better. :mad:

Smith is 4-4 for 45 yards on third downs, we are the worst third down team in the world both on offense and defense. They've converted two third and shorts and a third and long. Pitiful performance again, this coaching staff cannot correct these little winning formulas like discipline and focus.

Only good thing watching this game is the 20 seconds of that Mina Kimes during halftime, she's a babe.

Maybe Mike Cox isn’t as good as we thought. Hotchkins and company were just that good.

We beat on the offense a bunch, and rightfully so; but in my opinion, the defense is worse than last year. When was the last time we had a sack? Just a really poor product.

Good question. October 5th against UTSA. We have a grand total of FIVE on the year.

Reactions: Lil_Train

It's good to see Cox adjust to that complex screen pass play after half time.

Bad Locksley is back. No accuracy. Why not try Hardison? Even if he plays in this game, it doesn't mean he has to play in all the games that are left.

Well, I think UTEP has discovered the forward pass in the play book. Now they need to practice completing the forward pass.

Sometimes I think this Defense is playing two hand touch. Two times on this drive the defender was right there to make a play and they let their man make a play. I would not be against giving Cox his walking papers at the end of the year.

Ha. He’s mastered the art of the bounce back. Now if he could land the ball inside the 5, that might be of benefit.

Of course he’d probably have to punt from the 30 for that to happen.
Just saw the stats. He's averaging 31.1 per. Might as well just throw an interception downfield, but maybe Kai can't throw that far

Sometimes I think this Defense is playing two hand touch. Two times on this drive the defender was right there to make a play and they let their man make a play. I would not be against giving Cox his walking papers at the end of the year.
So we are up to letting Canales, Cox, and Simmons the door.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
So we are up to letting Canales, Cox, and Simmons the door.
Bruh.... they let LA Tech convert a 2nd and 20-something. Want to convince me otherwise?

The guy next to me just said “this is painful.”

If Dimel is coming back next year, which we think then everyone else better be facing a tough end of year review. The defense has regressed so much in the second year, and it’s been tough watching LA Tech kill them with screens.

Bad Locksley is back. No accuracy. Why not try Hardison? Even if he plays in this game, it doesn't mean he has to play in all the games that are left.
As the president of Gavin Hardison fan club, I still think Dimel should wait until the last four games, and only put him in if Kai gets hurt.

Also we are so thin at linebacker right now in terms of depth.

The shitty thing about firing the coordinators is that next season when we go 2-10 again Dimel has the excuse of “implementing a new system.”

I know this is a moot point but Kai has done a good job staying in the pocket and throwing the ball downfield.

Well last year’s defense was better. Can’t say this year’s offense is any better really. Both teams accrued penalties out the wazzu. Both teams consistently have/had drive ending mistakes to no end. Hard to say, but I give the nod to last year’s Miners, by the thinnest of hairs.

Well last year’s defense was better. Can’t say this year’s offense is any better really. Both teams accrued penalties out the wazzu. Both teams consistently have/had drive ending mistakes to no end. Hard to say, but I give the nod to last year’s Miners, by the thinnest of hairs.
Agree FanatiCoog. Really if this team can't win two games versus D1 teams, I can't see any argument that there has been any improvement. That is an incredibly low bar to ask for, but at this point, it looks like long shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT