ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana Tech

So basically everyone for the most part was wrong including myself in thinking this team wasn't as improved as they are. The defense is good and getting better. Offense still needs work, Special Teams played well until the roughing the passer. However that was maybe a coaching error. Your just stopped em, set up your punt return team, Geez! Anyway, too many mistakes, both teams looked about even actually, so pretty impressed over all. Just too many mistakes to win against one of the top teams in CUSA.

I've only been able to watch since the kick return, but has our offense not attempted some shorter passes with quicker hits?

We covered the spread. It’s tough to win in Ruston. Even for the top teams in cusa. This game tell us we will win a few more.

Two weeks for the O coaches to add some variety and nothing new except for the first bubble screen of the year.....Dimel lost this game!

This loss should have an asterisk next to it noting that the loss was not due to the play on the field but rather the errors and lack of discipline instilled by the coaches.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Two weeks for the O coaches to add some variety and nothing new except for the first bubble screen of the year.....Dimel lost this game!

The first half, or most of it, the play calling was pretty creative. It went downhill the second half. I thought anyway.

Reactions: develman
He deserves some credit that UTEP HAS improved, but Canales continues to be the weakest link.

Do you remember last season, when we finally played Hardison, that Canales kept using him as a running QB?

And now this game, he repeatedly calls deep throws into double-coverage. And he abandoned the run way too soon. No variety.

Utep players made a believer out of me, it’s just a shame the coaches f Ed it up. The penalties were on The players which they need to clean up. Going for that block at that point in the game was just plain stupid. Something that Dismel does at least four or five times a game.

On one hand Dimel gets credit for building a team that has pretty level talent with one of the best teams in our conference.

On the other hand, we lost due to penalties and Dimel’s poor offense. Houston Baptist doubled our point output against La. Tech. I do think we are improved and this was honestly a better outcome than I had expected. But my biggest concern is that our reasons for losing this game tonight were the same issues that we have continuously seen under Dimel. When will Dimel fix these issues?, it’s year 3 already.

Utep players made a believer out of me, it’s just a shame the coaches f Ed it up. The penalties were on The players which they need to clean up. Going for that block at that point in the game was just plain stupid. Something that Dismel does at least four or five times a game.

I wonder if the Gary Theard injury on the previous punt block changed the thinking there.

The run wasn’t working at all today for Fields or Hankins. Fields had a slightly better day.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Tonight's a first. We had the better team and gave the game away. Terrible discipline. Hardison didn't play well. We abandoned the run too soon. Didn't give Hankins a chance to wear down the defense and gash them in the fourth. Hardison had a rough night. He's got to go through his progressions and stop pre determine where he's going with the ball. The play calling was very suspect. When we do run the ball there is no diversity. Its either isos or counters. Its still baffling fields is getting carries.

Hats off the defense. They played their ass off. The UTEP d-line is the most improved unit on the team. Cox is doing a great job.

Tough game to swallow. For the first time in four years we have the better team in a conference game and give them the game. If this team is going to take the next step they have become disciplined. The lack of discipline is very disapointing especially coming off a bye.

The better team did not win tonight! Penalties, penalties one TD called back delay of game, 1 4th down and 1 at LT 13 yard line turnover on downs there are 10 points right there! Questionable non-call LT TD late 2nd look like holding or at least block in back by WR...Bottom line is we have a young team learning each game growing each game! A QB that is learning looks like after all the disappointments at least there is hope!! I am disappointed we lost, but cant fault the effort!!

He deserves some credit that UTEP HAS improved, but Canales continues to be the weakest link.

Do you remember last season, when we finally played Hardison, that Canales kept using him as a running QB?

And now this game, he repeatedly calls deep throws into double-coverage. And he abandoned the run way too soon. No variety.

It’s Dimel who calls the offense plays.

That was running into, not roughing. **** this.
I legitimately couldn't even tell if there was any contact with the kicker. I'd have to see the replay again; maybe one of the other players touched him, but I couldn't even tell with the guy they called it on. He looked like he did everything he could to not touch the kicker, and certainly didn't rough him.

The refs were not going to give UTEP any benefit of the doubt tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT