ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis downed by UT Arlington

Mar 7, 2013
Looks our game is going to a little tougher than first thought (someone posted this before about UT Arlington)
They do look really good kinda like La Tech last year.

Looks our game is going to a little tougher than first thought (someone posted this before about UT Arlington)
They do look really good kinda like La Tech last year.

I watched the end of their game against Memphis and they don't seem like they're all that but damn, they take out Ohio St. and now Memphis on the road...yikes. We're gonna have our hands full with that Hervey kid, he's unstoppable. BTW, what's happened to Memphis, their arena was empty and seemed lifeless...how the mighty have fallen.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I'm not taking a thing a way from UT at A, however, Memphis basketball is nothing, I mean nothing, as compared to the team that crushed our CUSA dreams at the DHC a few years ago. They've been going south rather quickly the past two years. Pastner will be fired very soon.....very, very soon. Memphis fans are fed up with Pastner and want him gone.

I agree from a team standpoint Memphis has had a huge drop off in talent and coaching. Memphis took so many bad shots in that game losing looked predictable. Pastner just kind sat there and watched it all happen. All the bad signs are there for Memphis, bad shot selection, failure to get back on defense, poor passing etc. The talent level looks nothing like when they ruled CUSA. My concern is did UTA make them look that bad? if so that is a pretty good team coming here and in a few weeks and we better be on our game or we could suffer the same fate.

I'm not taking a thing a way from UT at A, however, Memphis basketball is nothing, I mean nothing, as compared to the team that crushed our CUSA dreams at the DHC a few years ago. They've been going south rather quickly the past two years. Pastner will be fired very soon.....very, very soon. Memphis fans are fed up with Pastner and want him gone.

This Memphis team is still very talented. They went toe to toe with number 8 Oklahoma. Its still very impressive to walk into the fed ex forum and win. They are still better than anyone in CUSA.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
This Memphis team is still very talented. They went toe to toe with number 8 Oklahoma. Its still very impressive to walk into the fed ex forum and win. They are still better than anyone in CUSA.
Don't know how many of you are aware; but UT Arlington's coach (Scott Cross) is the brother of our soccer coach; Kevin Cross

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Memphis sucks. Our bench players are better than their starting 5. Floyd is the 19th best coach and Pastner wasn't even ranked. We would be them by at least 25 points. They have never faced a backcourt as good as ours. Our back court is so good they would forefit the game after watching our backcourt warm up in pregame.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT