ADVERTISEMENT

Miners-Aggies Official Prediction Thread

utep-piggy

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2016
west texas
Miners 35
Aggies 14

It's Aggie-Miner Week!!! Kick off is in 5 days!!!!

I think the Aggies are going to struggle quite a bit this year and the Miners should be
able to break a three game losing streak to the Aggies in Las Cruces. Dimel's
ground and pound offense behind a very experienced offensive line will control
this game easily by playing keep away from the Aggies. If the Miner's lose this
game UTEP is looking at a one win season or possibly 0-12. THIS GAME IS A
MUST WIN FOR UTEP AND FOR DANA DIMEL.

Last edited:
Miners 35
Aggies 14

It's Aggie-Miner Week!!! Kick off is in 5 days!!!!

I think the Aggies are going to struggle quite a bit this year and the Miners should be
able to break a three game losing streak to the Aggies in Las Cruces. Dimel's
ground and pound offense behind a very experienced offensive line will control
this game easily by playing keep away from the Aggies. If the Miner's lose this
game UTEP is looking at a one win season or possibly 0-12. THIS GAME IS A
MUST WIN FOR UTEP AND FOR DANA DIMEL.
Must win for Senter, too.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Miners 24
Ags 20

I hope it's nowhere near that close, but the Miners always burn my optimism so this year I'm going semi-pessimist.

Miners 24
Ags 20

I hope it's nowhere near that close, but the Miners always burn my optimism so this year I'm going semi-pessimist.
UTEP Football doesn't burn optimism, they provide an "enhanced" experience.

UTEP 28
Las Cruces Land Grant College 25

Vegas has UTEP -9 or around that area. Anyone going to Vegas this weekend?

I'll stick with my original prediction of 38-17 Miners. Offenses are supposed to be behind defenses early on but since the Aggie defense looked like a train wreck in the spring, I hope UTEP can score this much.

This is definitely a must win for Dimel. A loss would be disastourous and should cost Dimel his job immediately. The truth is we're bigger faster and stronger than NMSU. We should be able to pund them with Hankins, Awatt and Eldridge. This is a game we lose if Dimel gets cute. There is one offensive key for the game: RUN THE DAMN BALL!. If in the first quarter we have multiple three and outs with Hardison attempting three passes a drive you'll know we're in trouble. Pound Hankins, Awatt and Eldridge all damn day and this is a win. It will open up easy play action passes for Hardison which is important because he struggles with accuracy.

Our D-line is a talented as we've had in the past twenty years. They should dominate NMSU's oline all day. If we don't turn the ball over on offense NMSU shouldn't score than 14 points.

This is the first referendum on Dimel. If this game is close we're in trouble. If we lose he shouldn't be allowed to get on the bus back to El Paso. It's year 4 we are playing a team we're better than. For this program to progress they need kick their ass and play fundamentaly sound football. A good team dominates weaker opponents and extinguises all their hope early on. I hope we that Saturday.

UTEP 49
NMSU 14

UTEP 35
NMSU 24

Garbage time td by aggies make the score closer than it is.

This is definitely a must win for Dimel. A loss would be disastourous and should cost Dimel his job immediately. The truth is we're bigger faster and stronger than NMSU. We should be able to pund them with Hankins, Awatt and Eldridge. This is a game we lose if Dimel gets cute. There is one offensive key for the game: RUN THE DAMN BALL!. If in the first quarter we have multiple three and outs with Hardison attempting three passes a drive you'll know we're in trouble. Pound Hankins, Awatt and Eldridge all damn day and this is a win. It will open up easy play action passes for Hardison which is important because he struggles with accuracy.

Our D-line is a talented as we've had in the past twenty years. They should dominate NMSU's oline all day. If we don't turn the ball over on offense NMSU shouldn't score than 14 points.

This is the first referendum on Dimel. If this game is close we're in trouble. If we lose he shouldn't be allowed to get on the bus back to El Paso. It's year 4 we are playing a team we're better than. For this program to progress they need kick their ass and play fundamentaly sound football. A good team dominates weaker opponents and extinguises all their hope early on. I hope we that Saturday.

UTEP 49
NMSU 14
I’d be closer to the score you predicted but I think instead of run 3 straight times from inside the 5 with Hankins, Wadley and Awatt, we’re gonna throw an incomplete pass on 1st. Draw a penalty on 2nd, therefore pass again, then run the ball on 3rd and goal from the 9. Then we’ll have to settle for a few FGs. I almost guarantee it’ll happen a couple times.

I think we’ll easily move the ball between the 20s but stall a few times once we get inside the red zone. 3 TDs and 3 FGs.

Last edited:
I also think it won't be close as the score I predicted. It'll probably be 31-14 in the fourth and Dimel puts in second team and Aggies score. Miners might rush for over 300 yards only need to pass for 125-150.

Reactions: shyminer81
My heart says: UTEP 35 - NMSU 10
My head says it’s plausible it could end: UTEP 10 - NMSU 14
So I’m going to go with an ugly UTEP win:
UTEP 10 - NMSU 6

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Close in the first half, then UTEP pulls away. Miners by 10+

No way the Miners pull away after the half with Dimel. Miners are going to have to jump out early. Aggies will make up ground in the 2nd half.

No way the Miners pull away after the half with Dimel. Miners are going to have to jump out early. Aggies will make up ground in the 2nd half.
The experience will be the difference. NMSU will probably get better as the season goes on. Just not in this game, the Miner’s run game should handle their business in the 2nd half. That is unless Dimel messes it up with play calling… that never happens though lol.

No comments since Tuesday and the game is tonight. Gotta be the least anticipated season opener ever.

Also, I do not celebrate wins over trash, so when the Miners start 2-0, 2Step will claim that I disappeared or whatever. He will be calling for Top 25 votes and contract extensions.

No comments since Tuesday and the game is tonight. Gotta be the least anticipated season opener ever.

Also, I do not celebrate wins over trash, so when the Miners start 2-0, 2Step will claim that I disappeared or whatever. He will be calling for Top 25 votes and contract extensions.
It’s ok to smile brotha. Regardless of who it’s against, a win is better than a loss. And we all know an L is a possibility, even against a “lesser” opponent.

Just sayin.

My mind has changed. I'm going full honk and adding a TD to my original prediction.

UTEP 42
NMSU 24

Our schedule is full of trash teams. Even if we win 6/7 games. Most likely none of the teams we beat will have a winning record by the end of the year.

Yup, because you're a punk and punks don't try to be the solution, they want to be the problem.

Sad reality is Las Cruces and El Paso are full of NoWins. It's a privilege to have an FBS program in your backyard, not a right and it's easy to crap on things when you're down.

Reactions: shyminer81
Yup, because you're a punk and punks don't try to be the solution, they want to be the problem.
Yeah, I am the problem. I have hired the coaches, given them underserved extensions, and have called the plays for 55 years. Posting messages is detrimental to UTEP athletics!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT