ADVERTISEMENT

Next UTEP coach is...

Doc is extremely carasmatic and the donors loved him while he was here. He made lots of friends and would visit them when he was back in town.

There's been Doc Sadler sightings around town over the last 15 years.

These guys like their balls polished. Barbee wasn't that guy and Floyd didn't need the money but still was nice. But we had 3 guys in a row in Rab, Billy G, and Doc, who were everyone's best buddy.
OK. So do donors want a winner, a coach with a vision and drive or do they want someone to kiss their ass? Because if they want someone to kiss their ass I should apply for the job. I suck as a coach but I’ll kiss asses like I’m on the campaign trail, AND I’ll take less than any of these dudes.

OK. So do donors want a winner, a coach with a vision and drive or do they want someone to kiss their ass? Because if they want someone to kiss their ass I should apply for the job. I suck as a coach but I’ll kiss asses like I’m on the campaign trail, AND I’ll take less than any of these dudes.

I'll kiss ass for that salary too.

Probably worried we are picking jans

X797soQ.gif

Nowins leaving Digs for the NMSU board.

What’s the fascination with retreads like Dimel and Sadler? I’m sure they’re both nice guys, but we need to inject new blood to a program that’s on life support. I understand these big donors have deep pockets, but UTEP needs the fan base to get excited with the new hire. Sadler is not the answer and many fans will not return to the DHC, me included. This is so frustrating, especially when you have solid candidates interested in the job. Why does UTEP settle for less?

Not even Senter is dumb enough to hire Sadler over the other prospects. That is if he knows he’s out of a job in theee months and wants to screw UTEP.

Reactions: JCorona
I just sent an email to Jim Senter detailing why hiring Doc Sadler would be a bad idea. I'm sure that he'll just ignore it and it will make zero difference, but at least I'll know that I tried.
I doubt he’ll ignore it. Expect a response tomorrow by mid day. He has responded to all my emails, with the exception of the one where I said no response necessary.

Welp, looks like it is Doc Sadler?

UTEP renovations these two boosters are offering? New toilets & urinals? A digital board? Repainted locker rooms? The concession area nacho cheese dispensers go back to when Doc was there so those will be upgraded I'm sure.

If it is Sadler his contract better be incentive based, NCAA by year 3 or don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Base of $250k and major bonuses for conference tournament championships.

Reactions: kickballpro
Doc is extremely carasmatic and the donors loved him while he was here. He made lots of friends and would visit them when he was back in town.

There's been Doc Sadler sightings around town over the last 15 years.

These guys like their balls polished. Barbee wasn't that guy and Floyd didn't need the money but still was nice. But we had 3 guys in a row in Rab, Billy G, and Doc, who were everyone's best buddy.

Rab was an asshole.

Reactions: kickballpro
Maybe this leaking of Sadler being the front runner because of quid-pro-quo strings attached is just psyops (are operations to convey selected information and indicators to audiences to influence their emotions) by UTEP so whoever they pick of the other finalists' fans would have a "what a relief feeling" it wasn't Sadler. Also No complaints about who they chose, most people would be thinking at least it wasn't Sadler.

Damn, cause right now I'm like "anybody but Sadler.

Maybe Senter figures that if he keeps the boosters happy, that his job is safe. He might feel his seat is hot, but if these boosters want Doc, then he gains some powerful allies if he bends to their wish.

Doc with Timmy as an assistant could be interesting. Let Doc do the coaching and Timmy do the recruiting.

As for Tang, I'm getting less and less excited about him. Except that for me it's not even a basketball issue. I know my views are amongst the minority here but I keep reading about how Tang would demand -- or at least ask/expect -- that his spirituality be very open and a large part of how he does his job. That concerns me. I am NOT against someone being a spiritual person. I just don't like it being thrown out there constantly and it seems like this would be the case with Tang.
On the bright side, maybe Tang would bring back the "Amen" chant!

As a previous fan posted, why was Sadler even in the top 5? This is nothing personal, it's all professional and Sadler IS NOT mid major or above HC material to win any conference. Good man, with southern comfort appeal and he did clean up USM but my goodness Senter? WTF are you thinking?
Regarding Sadler, I wanted to add that he left UTEP after becoming head coach after a few years. Went to Nebraska and eventually left and was out of coaching. Then took the Southern Mississippi job and abruptly left. Then went back to Nebraska as an assistant coach to Fred Hoiberg. Now he is applying here again. The tells me he has no loyalty and after a few years we may be searching for a head coach again, if he is selected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT