ADVERTISEMENT

Next UTEP coach is...

So I saw someone post something about Patrick saying "Get ready for violations" or something like that. Is there anything on him having violations anywhere? At Riverside?

Real specific there, MIV. I remember once reading something somewhere about someone something too. ;-)

Reactions: nattybry
Real specific there, MIV. I remember once reading something somewhere about someone something

Real specific there, MIV. I remember once reading something somewhere about someone something too. ;-)
Just saying. I saw someone outside the Miner fanbase post this so i was wondering if there was any merit to Patrick having recruiting violations anywhere. If he has that in his closet, that's a pass for me.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Just saying. I saw someone outside the Miner fanbase post this so i was wondering if there was any merit to Patrick having recruiting violations anywhere. If he has that in his closet, that's a pass for me.

I agree with you. If Patrick has anything potentially leading to probation it's a hard pass. Like with Sean Miller at Arizona. Even if he was interested in the UTEP job it's a hard pass from me.

B REAL... we can win now with Barbee or see progress in 3 years with any one else... its time to jump on the "Prime Time" Barbee train and demand he be hired...
Do you think that ticket prices would double right away if he is hired? just askin'
Unfortunately he didn't make the finalst so that's not gonna happen.

Isnt it illegal for Doc Sadler and his buddies to offering to pay for something if they hire him??? Why doesnt Doc Sadler just say I will take a big pay cut to help with Don Haskins repairs?? This rumor about boosters I dont believe it. I've never heard of a coach doing something like this. It sounds shady. I wouldn't want a coach who would try and buy his way into a job.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
I just received an email back from Senter:

Dear Mark:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this hire. You would make a good AD. Solid, well-thought-out rationale. Much appreciated. JS

I don't know if he took any of it to hear or not. In the end I guess that I will know that I tried. Hopefully he makes a good choice (i.e. NOT DOC).
He just trolled you lol

So interestingly, was just told that David Patrick had an amazing interview and detailed plan for resurrecting UTEP. I'm not saying he's jumped to the front. However no ones really talked about him and he could be a dark horse in this race and I would like that hire over Sadler. If he doesn't get it, he'll be a mid major coach or better by next season.
He brought a power point didn’t he? Whatever keeps us away from Doc lol

Isnt it illegal for Doc Sadler and his buddies to offering to pay for something if they hire him??? Why doesnt Doc Sadler just say I will take a big pay cut to help with Don Haskins repairs?? This rumor about boosters I dont believe it. I've never heard of a coach doing something like this. It sounds shady. I wouldn't want a coach who would try and buy his way into a job.
No. If Doc is willing to take $300,000 a year, how far do you think $400,000 in renovations go?

So interestingly, was just told that David Patrick had an amazing interview and detailed plan for resurrecting UTEP. I'm not saying he's jumped to the front. However no ones really talked about him and he could be a dark horse in this race and I would like that hire over Sadler. If he doesn't get it, he'll be a mid major coach or better by next season.
I heard the same about our football coach and his interview...detailed plan/power point presentation/boom you’re hired 😆

Reactions: nattybry
So Haskins decline started at 62 too?

Had a 20 win and NIT season at 65 and was dealing with NCAA probation.

Haskins' decline wasn't due to age, it was due to the sanctions and losing his assistant coaches because of the sanctions. Also, he didn't replace Bradburd and Lackey with coaches of the same caliber. Take away the sanctions, let him keep Bradburd and Lackey, and UTEP Basketball in the 90s would have looked much different.

Even with the sanctions and without quality assistant coaches, I thought that we had a real shot at making the NCAA Tournament in 95. We were tied for 2nd in the conference with BYU, and I believed then and believe now that whichever team, us or BYU, made it further on the WAC Tournament would receive an at-large bid. Unfortunately we lost by 1 in our first game, and BYU did end up getting an NCAA bid, while we went to the NIT.

I also believe that Haskins did a good job coaching the talent that he had in 1998-99.

https://wacotrib.com/news/baylor-ge...cle_e150b3c5-9710-5ae4-bf63-2455f5b50451.html

What does that have to do with this baylor coaching group? that all happened under the previous staff.....

if anything that proves my point how good the current baylor staff is...

Haskins' decline wasn't due to age, it was due to the sanctions and losing his assistant coaches because of the sanctions. Also, he didn't replace Bradburd and Lackey with coaches of the same caliber. Take away the sanctions, let him keep Bradburd and Lackey, and UTEP Basketball in the 90s would have looked much different.

Even with the sanctions and without quality assistant coaches, I thought that we had a real shot at making the NCAA Tournament in 95. We were tied for 2nd in the conference with BYU, and I believed then and believe now that whichever team, us or BYU, made it further on the WAC Tournament would receive an at-large bid. Unfortunately we lost by 1 in our first game, and BYU did end up getting an NCAA bid, while we went to the NIT.

I also believe that Haskins did a good job coaching the talent that he had in 1998-99.
Yup. And Bob Stull came in and told Haskins he was throwing him a retirement party. Haskins: "What retirement party?!"

No. If Doc is willing to take $300,000 a year, how far do you think $400,000 in renovations go?

Have you ever heard of a coach trying to pay to get hired?? That's like going to a job interview and paying to get hired. That's a mafia move right there. Little dirty if you ask me.

Have you ever heard of a coach trying to pay to get hired?? That's like going to a job interview and paying to get hired. That's a mafia move right there. Little dirty if you ask me.

Withholding optional donations is not the same.

Withholding optional donations is not the same.

How is different?? I've seen this move in the movies before. Doc Sadler should be ashamed to pull a move like that. Shouldn't he confidant in his ability and not have to pay to get hired? If I was Senter I would've thrown Sadler application away. And to those boosters probably cancel them out . Not allow them back at Utep. Who knows what other dirty stuff these boosters are doing.

How is different?? I've seen this move in the movies before. Doc Sadler should be ashamed to pull a move like that. Shouldn't he confidant in his ability and not have to pay to get hired? If I was Senter I would've thrown Sadler application away. And to those boosters probably cancel them out . Not allow them back at Utep. Who knows what other dirty stuff these boosters are doing.

Put down the crack pipe.

Reactions: DaveJans
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT