ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas opens -1 in Vegas but

If Brownholtz starts our offense is not going to score a single point, at least not with the typical package they give him to run. Every series will be a three and out.
Then how do we explain the only time we've scored over 40 in a game in the last five years is when Brownholtz started last year vs UNT?

Then how do we explain the only time we've scored over 40 in a game in the last five years is when Brownholtz started last year vs UNT?
If they have Brownholtz run the same package he has this year, where he keeps it every single damn time they snap the ball, we will do nothing but 3 and out every possession. If they open up the offense more it might be a different story, but Brownholtz was only 10 out of 26 in that game with 2 TDs versus 4 INTs. We rushed for over 300 yards that game - our running game isn't nearly that good this year. Flaws and all, our best chance of winning is with Hardison behind center.

If they have Brownholtz run the same package he has this year, where he keeps it every single damn time they snap the ball, we will do nothing but 3 and out every possession. If they open up the offense more it might be a different story, but Brownholtz was only 10 out of 26 in that game with 2 TDs versus 4 INTs. We rushed for over 300 yards that game - our running game isn't nearly that good this year. Flaws and all, our best chance of winning is with Hardison behind center.
Brownholtz was the leading rusher in that game. Sounds to me like if he cut his turnovers in half or completely eliminated them we would have a smooth offense. We've seen what Hardison can do on offense and it's not much. We've seen what our offense could look like under Brownholtz and it's much better. At least in my opinion and from what I saw in the one game he started. Either way I expect Hardison to start and I expect us to struggle to hit 24 points. Hopefully our Defense holds them under 23 points.

Reactions: FedupMiner

I’d like to see how Brownholtz looks throwing the ball. He’s a serviceable runner and I would assume that’s what Dimel wants under center. Bottom line is both guys have serious flaws, and it doesn’t bode well since Hardison has plateaued as the season has gone on and that’s being generous.

Hardison plateaued? stats don't show that. The first 3 games he threw for an average of 222 yds with 4 td, 4 int, next 3 he averaged 203 with 3 td and 2 int and in the last three 285 with 5 td and 3 int. If you count the fact that the last 3 games were against much better competition than the first 6 we played he appears to be getting better. He still has a long way to go but I don't think he has "plateaued".

Hardison plateaued? stats don't show that. The first 3 games he threw for an average of 222 yds with 4 td, 4 int, next 3 he averaged 203 with 3 td and 2 int and in the last three 285 with 5 td and 3 int. If you count the fact that the last 3 games were against much better competition than the first 6 we played he appears to be getting better. He still has a long way to go but I don't think he has "plateaued".
The problem is the production especially in the last two games has come in garbage time.

We have some good offense weapons and a very decent defense to build on. Our O-line is experienced. Dimel needs to lure a dual threat QB with some good decision making experience to take over. It's now or never.

The offense is not gonna change so IMO we need a better QB to maximize its potential. Throw in the new TE and a new special teams coach and see what happens in year 5.

FAU was holding on for a win, doubt they had their subs in. UTSA has 37 sr players, many on defense and rotates players extensively in every game they play, doubt they had scrubs in either. Hardison is a soph and has a lot to learn as a QB where experience makes up a large percentage of success. UTEP's offense is limited no doubt, but I don't think Hardison's play is the key factor in it. Plain and simple UTEP needs more experienced weapons on offense.

What's up with the holier than thou attitude? It's a tailgate, I've to a few NFL games and it's worse than that video showed.
26647316.gif
Our citizens who aren’t like JCorona. God bless them

Can guarantee no one outside of social media who didn’t go has no idea they have you speaking for them. In the ignore box you go.
It’s all over El Paso media you moron. Turn on your radio to KLAQ or KROD and every show is discussing it so are the news networks.

You're dumb. Come by the lot where we were tailgating and look for trash. Then accuse me.

You must be such a high holier than thou person cuz it bothers you. What did you about the trash? Did you help clean it up? Or did you walk past it and make yourself feel better by posting about it on the internet?
I didn’t actually see it but the fact that you defend it says a lot about you. Again thankfully our community came together and cleaned it up. Were it up to you it would all still be there

I didn’t actually see it but the fact that you defend it says a lot about you. Again thankfully our community came together and cleaned it up. Were it up to you it would all still be there
Defend it? Once again throwing baseless accusations.

Not thanks to you it was cleaned up. You walked passed it and instead of cleaning it up your first reaction was to put it on the internet.

My first reaction was to wait and see how it looks tomorrow or the day after. You see the difference? You made it into a story where people get to shit on El Paso and I didn't. You've done more harm than helped.

At the end of the day neither you and I contributed to the mess or the clean up.

You contributed to this being posted all over the internet and the embarrassment that goes with it.

Defend it? Once again throwing baseless accusations.

Not thanks to you it was cleaned up. You walked passed it and instead of cleaning it up your first reaction was to put it on the internet.

My first reaction was to wait and see how it looks tomorrow or the day after. You see the difference? You made it into a story where people get to shit on El Paso and I didn't. You've done more harm than helped.

At the end of the day neither you and I contributed to the mess or the clean up.

You contributed to this being posted all over the internet and the embarrassment that goes with it.
Nobody will remember this next year. Nobody outside of UTEP remembers the mountain handjob either. Nobody has ever received a handjob in “public” before?

This must be MinerFan79 house. Since he likes to talk about it but does nothing about it. Those are usually the biggest hypocrites. The holier than thou people.

This must be MinerFan79 house. Since he likes to talk about it but does nothing about it. Those are usually the biggest hypocrites. The holier than thou people.

Yawn. Weak. I’m not the one who defended the trash. You are! Nice try though

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT