ADVERTISEMENT

Offense looks very good.

I'm surprised.

Defense needs rest. UTEP offense does need to make one long drive if possible.

I really HATE how kugler does not take risks!! We are down 21 points and you don't go for it??? One minute in the half and you are down 28 and you just run out the clock!! That's so irritating...!! On a positive note I think we may be ok in cusa

95 yards in the first half not good!! You know I would rather be an attacking defense! We are getting our asses handed to us on defense every single year at least make the qb feel it

We may be okay in CUSA? Eastern Michigan, Navy, and UCF all clobbered CUSA teams so far. I would hope we could compete in CUSA.

We know Kug doesn't gamble.

There are positives. The line does look pretty good. Only one sack and it was a coverage sack. Dawn is speedy and does show promise. Metz looks good. Way more accurate. Poised. Luna punting to the moon. Will is unreal. I don't think a military armored vehicle can go around him. Passing plays are welcomed.

Bad: the f'en wildcat is back. Secondary looks lost at times (consistent problem under Kug). Vanilla offense with those darned lateral dump offs. Mental mistakes: Delay on first play of series. Missed tackles. Blown containment. Opponents allowed to control momentum for long periods.

Game going as scripted IMO.

Another thing I don't like from kugler is that he admitted defeat before they ever left!! As a coach you always need to believe you can win or your players will be defeated before they get on the field... yes it's Oklahoma but dammit show some fire!

Kug recruits smart guys but they don't know football basics. Tackling is typical kug defense. Pas coverage, well we have guys on the field to give the impression that there are football players. They need to get rid of this coach. I would rather have exciting football even if we lose than this crap. Now I will say that they threw the ball more than I expected.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Well damn I was trying to be positive to start the season but shit Kug hasn't changed a bit. That OL is going to be nice. We just don't have athletes on this team. Recruiting is very bad.

We can out out of todays game with a "win"
I really HATE how kugler does not take risks!! We are down 21 points and you don't go for it??? One minute in the half and you are down 28 and you just run out the clock!! That's so irritating...!! On a positive note I think we may be ok in cusa
He did the right thing. He knows and we all know we don't have the type of offense to come back from 21 or 28 points down against OU. If he starts getting aggressive and going for it on 4th down , OU makes the score 77-7 instead of 56-7.

Who cares if it's 77-7 instead 56-7 ? We still lose either way... why not go for it.... ? I hate that ohhh if we would have done that we would have lost by more.... if we had done that maybe we get the first down and score and run more time off the clock which in turn leads to less sooner scoring?? If you didn't notice our defense couldn't stop them so put it in the offense hands let them use running and ball control

Ehh, it was Oklafreakinhoma, what you all expect. UTEP football at this current state we should be happy if the team finishes 6-6 and maybe goes to New Mexico in mid-December. Competing with the strong P5's of the world isn't happening anytime soon.
What really bugs me more(because they performed pretty much as expected) is those ugly-ass uniforms, I love the helmet but the rest of the uni is gar-baage. At least make the numbers big enough to see, seems like they used the last line on an eye chart for the font for those numbers.

Games like this are when you need to work on stuff you will have to try when it's important at the end of the season. Hell of you gonna lose work on some stuff for later. Perfect opportunity today

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT