ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

Selling out? LOL. Austin is gonna be like the Miami fusion and Tampa Mutiny but in a smaller stadium.... NoWins, what do you know about soccer? You don't know much, I can tell. I told you guys Austin was gonna suck as a soccer town and it has. About 20% of the stadium is empty for every game. They started selling single game tickets after the fad was over. In. The. First. Year. Didn't sell out a USMNT game (upper deck and pitch seats empty)... I don't wanna rag on Austin, (but everyone knew this was gonna happen), MLS screwed this up

Selling out? LOL. Austin is gonna be like the Miami fusion and Tampa Mutiny but in a smaller stadium.... NoWins, what do you know about soccer? You don't know much, I can tell. I told you guys Austin was gonna suck as a soccer town and it has. About 20% of the stadium is empty for every game. They started selling single game tickets after the fad was over. In. The. First. Year. Didn't sell out a USMNT game (upper deck and pitch seats empty)... I don't wanna rag on Austin, (but everyone knew this was gonna happen), MLS screwed this up
Wtf are you talking about? Every single Austin game has sold out including USMNT and USWNT.

There's also a 26k wait list in case anyone is dumb enough to let their season tickets go.

So what exactly did everyone know was going to happen?

I know plenty about soccer. Especially when it comes to the business of soccer. You obviously don’t, as you’re thinking Austin FC is going the way of the Fusion and Mutiny. You called Austin a town. You have some bias towards Austin for some reason.

Austin sucks as a soccer town, if you’re the Austin Bold lol. Like I said, stick to 12 year old boys and dead Brazilian guys that nobody cares about.

Wtf are you talking about? Every single Austin game has sold out including USMNT and USWNT.

There's also a 26k wait list in case anyone is dumb enough to let their season tickets go.

So what exactly did everyone know was going to happen?
He must have been thrown out of an Austin Aztex tryout for being too fat or something 20 years ago.

He must have been thrown out of an Austin Aztex tryout for being too fat or something 20 years ago.
I don't know what he has against Austin. When I first arrived I expected the locals to talk bad about El Paso but it's the opposite. Almost everyone I've met either has a friend from El Paso or is from EP themselves. Nothing but nice things to say about our old Town.

I have nothing against Austin as a city, I'm just saying it ain't a soccer town. The USMNT game showed us that. I think it's a fad, but I hope I'm wrong and Austin does turn in to a soccer town.

The number are a bit off cuz of covid. Here are the numbers since everyone returned to full capacity.

Austin is here now and is bringing to the league one of the best SG's in the world. This past weekend we took 8 busses to Frisco and sold over 900 away tickets. The support is only going to increase once the results on the field matches the passion in the stands.
I don’t think you could call any MLS Supporter group one of the best in the world. Don’t get too ahead of yourself there. I want to see how loyal any supporter is once Austin has a 4-5 year run of bad football. European football fans would blow their brains out watching US sports fans.

Last edited:
This dude don't know what he is talking about..... PIVOT, PIVOT, PIVOT. You can't be changing your stance when you're proven wrong. Anyways, the argument was how did they get to this CBA. They got to this CBA because they make more revenue than the USMNT when it comes to WC
Where have I been proven wrong? Judge Klausner found the women were paid more guaranteed money than the men who are guaranteed less but make it up with higher bonuses. Women were offered same bonus structure/cba as the men but took their current cba with more guaranteed base salary.

Last edited:
I don’t think you could call any MLS Supporter group one of the best in the world. Don’t get too ahead of yourself there. I want to see how loyal any supporter is once Austin has a 4-5 year run of bad football. European football fans would blow their brains out watching US sports fans.
You're right and hopefully we don't have a 4-5 year stretch of bad football. Our SG is cult like. I'm not 100% certain everyone would stick around if we remained in last place for five years but my gut says the majority would.

They were DOA once Austin FC arrived. I’m sure Randaddy will chime in saying “See, Austin isn’t a soccer town”
LOL, you are correct. yet you say Pepi is not a star when he is 18 on the MLS all star team. I told you Austin ain't a soccer town. They will be moved to Phoenix or San Diego. You have no soccer knowledge

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
LOL, you are correct. yet you say Pepi is not a star when he is 18 on the MLS all star team. I told you Austin ain't a soccer town. They will be moved to Phoenix or San Diego. You have no soccer knowledge
You don’t know what a star is. Danny Cashout has more of a following than Pepi. We’ve already been over this. Pepi would not get mobbed at Cielo Vista Mall or anywhere in Dallas.

Reactions: Randaddy Miner
You said he wasn't a star, correct? Did you ever play sports growing up? I bet you played up until middle school and gave up after that. True, true.... Tell me if If I'm wrong. I bet the only thing you did in high school was future farmers of america and you probably were the dude at enemasu that f%%%%% that goat

Those two wins against Mexico this summer were huge perception wise. It’s been a minute since we were ranked top 10 in the world.

Reactions: develman

Liga MX top goal scorer at the moment is an El Pasoen.

Seems like we're living in the Golden generation of El Paso soccer.
Born in Juarez and hasn’t lived here since 2012. Never mentioned on any newscasts or newspaper. As far as I know, none of these soccer players rep El Paso like Aaron Jones and Khalid do.

That’s great all these good soccer players spent some of their formative years here, but if nobody knows, it doesn’t do much. And wouldn’t help if most knew. Only the clubs/coaches that coached them could see some notoriety from them.

Reactions: kickballpro
Born in Juarez and hasn’t lived here since 2012. Never mentioned on any newscasts or newspaper. As far as I know, none of these soccer players rep El Paso like Aaron Jones and Khalid do.

That’s great all these good soccer players spent some of their formative years here, but if nobody knows, it doesn’t do much. And wouldn’t help if most knew. Only the clubs/coaches that coached them could see some notoriety from them.
That's cool bro. Jones moved to EP at 12 and Khalid when he was in High School. I don't really see why that makes them more El Pasoen than the soccer players born in El Paso and or attended elementary school before pursuing their soccer talent during their middle school years.

The point isn't who knows or who doesn't, it's that EP is producing professional talent in soccer.

That's cool bro. Jones moved to EP at 12 and Khalid when he was in High School. I don't really see why that makes them more El Pasoen than the soccer players born in El Paso and or attended elementary school before pursuing their soccer talent during their middle school years.

The point isn't who knows or who doesn't, it's that EP is producing professional talent in soccer.
Jones and Khalid are associated with El Paso though. These soccer players aren’t. Only soccer nerds know about them, the city doesn’t. Most people in El Paso know who Jones and Khalid are. Jones gives out shit to elementary kids constantly, what have the soccer players done for the community? Nada

Jones and Khalid are associated with El Paso though. These soccer players aren’t. Only soccer nerds know about them, the city doesn’t. Most people in El Paso know who Jones and Khalid are. Jones gives out shit to elementary kids constantly, what have the soccer players done for the community? Nada
Yeah I don't care about all that.

El Paso isn't known for producing professional athletes.

Right now we have a handful of kids born in EP and one in Juarez who moved to EP as a toddler all playing and doing very well in either MLS or Liga MX and all under 23.

When has that ever happened for any sport in the history of El Paso?

You do realize that soccer players sign their contracts at young ages, right? You do know that these players move to the clubs training city before they sign? zendejas signed with FC Dallas in 2014.... Guess who pepi signed with? Guess which MLS team has the largest farm system in El Paso? If you don't know what you're talking about just let it go. You don't have to be bitter all your life

Right now we have a handful of kids born in EP and one in Juarez who moved to EP as a toddler all playing and doing very well in either MLS or Liga MX and all under 23.

But, but, but they’re not famous. They’re not stars cuz no one knows them. Of course that’s the only thing that brings value to an athlete. Duh!

It probably hasn’t and that’s the point. El Paso should know about these guys and care.

You do realize that soccer players sign their contracts at young ages, right? You do know that these players move to the clubs training city before they sign? zendejas signed with FC Dallas in 2014.... Guess who pepi signed with? Guess which MLS team has the largest farm system in El Paso? If you don't know what you're talking about just let it go. You don't have to be bitter all your life
Wow, you don’t say? Congrats to FC Dallas for signing 2 El Paso players the last decade! 2 whole players in a city of 800,000.

Those are just the players you've heard about from one MLS team that signed with FC Dallas with in 4 years. Not a decade. Omar Salgado was the #1 draft pick in the MLS super draft... You have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about.

I bet your boy auto, wants their autograph.... Heck, he may already have them

Those are just the players you've heard about from one MLS team that signed with FC Dallas with in 4 years. Not a decade. Omar Salgado was the #1 draft pick in the MLS super draft... You have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about.

I bet your boy auto, wants their autograph.... Heck, he may already have them
So who else signed for them in the previous 6? Who is the latest one after Pepi?

What does Salgado have to do with anything? He was the #1 pick and didn’t accomplish anything on the field. Pepi, Zendejas, and Munoz have all had better professional careers than Salgado. Omar is barely 27 and not even signed with anyone. I know what I am talking about. You’re trying to paint this as some soccer mecca, which it isn’t. Maybe you should count Chapa Herrrera too. Lol

Wow, you don’t say? Congrats to FC Dallas for signing 2 El Paso players the last decade! 2 whole players in a city of 800,000.
There's also Aaron Guillen. He played briefly with the first team but currently finds himself in the USL. I'm sure there are more who haven't amounted to anything significant.

So who else signed for them in the previous 6? Who is the latest one after Pepi?

What does Salgado have to do with anything? He was the #1 pick and didn’t accomplish anything on the field. Pepi, Zendejas, and Munoz have all had better professional careers than Salgado. Omar is barely 27 and not even signed with anyone. I know what I am talking about. You’re trying to paint this as some soccer mecca, which it isn’t. Maybe you should count Chapa Herrrera too. Lol
I played against some local players that played in the MLS and that was just in my age group, alone. I also played and trained with players who played in Mexico's first division. I don't know if you just hate soccer or just want to dog everything about El Paso, but whatever it is, it comes off petty.... LIKE I SAID, YOU DON'T KNOW WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT