ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

I don't know if I'm being too optimistic or if I'm just expecting doom and gloom news everyday, but at least we're down 2 days in a row

Trump was right. The virus is gone after election. Not magically but voted out.

Seems like every country having success, Australia and NZ for example, have done it through closing borders and Travel Bans.

My Aunt lives in Australia and there is no interstate travel, the Universities are not allowing foreign students, and she said there probably won't be a commercial flight landing for a while.

Same with Canada. But we think loose fitting cloth on your face is 'science.'

Seems like every country having success, Australia and NZ for example, have done it through closing borders and Travel Bans.

My Aunt lives in Australia and there is no interstate travel, the Universities are not allowing foreign students, and she said there probably won't be a commercial flight landing for a while.

Same with Canada. But we think loose fitting cloth on your face is 'science.'
I would say pretty much everybody is getting their assess kicked

I was at a sushi place near Cielo Vista Mall getting takeout. The Fire Marshals and constables were by there citing businesses in the shopping center. They must have had a field day because everything was opem

Last edited:
Reactions: kickballpro
Pfizer vaccine very promising. Scientist say this good but end of month numbers are needed: Safe for two months after the last dose? How does it work on elderly? Does it stop spread or just stop symptoms? Does it work on severe conditions or light covid symptoms?

Pfizer vaccine very promising. Scientist say this good but end of month numbers are needed: Safe for two months after the last dose? How does it work on elderly? Does it stop spread or just stop symptoms? Does it work on severe conditions or light covid symptoms?
Pence claiming that is thanks to the public/private partnership between Trump and Pfizer. Pfizer senior VP Dr Kathrin is quoted as saying “We were never part of the Warp Speed. We have never taken any money from the US government or from anyone.”

Pence claiming that is thanks to the public/private partnership between Trump and Pfizer. Pfizer senior VP Dr Kathrin is quoted as saying “We were never part of the Warp Speed. We have never taken any money from the US government or from anyone.”

Their website says they did.

The US Government says they did.

Reactions: JCorona
Their website says they did.

The US Government says they did.

That’s outdated news. They never took the money.

Reactions: kickballpro
Of course they did not take the money. They can now charge the government thousands of dollar per dose and gouge the hell out of the tax payers. Don't kid yourself that they did it for the right reasons.

Its all semantics. The US government is still the buyer.

BTW, did anyone see Cuomo say the vaccine will be ready soon but we should wait until Biden is in office to distribute it?

Do any of these politicians give a rats ass about people?

You got the Trump people downplaying the virus, not fully endorsing mask, and holding rallies. And now there is a vaccine coming out and this guy doesn't think it should be distributed until after January

Reactions: Rocketsr
Its all semantics. The US government is still the buyer.

BTW, did anyone see Cuomo say the vaccine will be ready soon but we should wait until Biden is in office to distribute it?

Do any of these politicians give a rats ass about people?

You got the Trump people downplaying the virus, not fully endorsing mask, and holding rallies. And now there is a vaccine coming out and this guy doesn't think it should be distributed until after January

No. He said he doesn't trust the CDC (since Trump put his ilk in the CDC).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...hold-COVID-19-vaccine-New-York-says-safe.html

Cuomo can have NY wait until January, that's fine. If Pfizer is telling us the truth and it is 90 percent effective, (and that is an IF), let everyone else get first crack at it and he can wait till the next batch, whenever that is. I am sure the people of NY won't have a problem with that after all NY isn't having any issues right now as their cases are so low. 🙄

Kickball is correct as Cuomo said it is bad news that it comes under this administration as he has an issue with distribution.

Right now, people need good news and hope regardless where it is from. This only compounds the problem and demoralizes things when he comes out and says this. This goes for anyone on either side. Sure, we need to be careful and meticulous, yet offer some hopeful speculation rather than just gloom and doom.

Last edited:
I didn’t hear anyone from the red side complain when the president threatened to withhold federal aid from Blue states. I’m glad everyone found their moral compass again.

Reactions: develman
Again, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Regardless of who is right or wrong, you can't keep pointing fingers at the other side and justify your actions based on the other. Either way it is wrong.

If you want to move on you blaze a new path not based on the last one. If you want to continue with the same than it makes that side no better than the other.

When it comes to Covid and the decimation it has caused with the world, and people's lives, everyone is looking for a glimmer of hope. This goes for both sides. And actually this has nothing to do with politics. Covid doesn't pick sides.

Last edited:
"El Paso, Texas — The nation's top health officials are warning we could be entering the darkest days of the coronavirus pandemic. El Paso County is one of the nation's coronavirus epicenters, where it has reported more than 22,000 new cases in the last two weeks. Texas has now surpassed one million coronavirus cases, which is the most in the nation.

Cases are rising in 47 states — and this week, there could be a record number of hospitalizations.

This is what it's come to in El Paso: mobile morgues filled with a backlog of bodies. And it's not enough — there will be 10 of the trucks in the next few days.

At the Perches Funeral Home, Nena Macias showed us a room filled to capacity. They have 220 people awaiting burial or cremation, most died of COVID-19.

"They're scared. A lot of families have had a loved one pass away from COVID," Macias explained. "They're worried they may be next."...."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/el-paso-county-texas-covid-hot-spot-cases-surge-nationwide/

This is a FB post from a lady in El Paso who is part of social group of friends of mine in El Paso (if you recognize her post, please respect her privacy). Her point is the "in between" message of those hit by Covid and she hits it home.

"I have heard the stories of people with no covid symptoms and then the ones of the people who are on oxygen in the hospital but not about the ones in between.
I have covid. My two little ones have covid. My husband and I are separated and he hadn’t seen the kids for almost a month. He tested negative twice on 9/27 and 10/5 before he came over one day to see them. He infected us.
The fever is not the worse symptom nor the body aches nor the inability to taste or smell. It’s the coughing and the wheezing and the desperation of trying to take a breath after a coughing fit.
I’ve been to the hospital twice. Oxygen level is 90 not sick enough to stay. Go home here’s cough medicine, antibiotics, drink water, get rest. Hospital is full of covid patients. Can someone helicopter me to Walter Reed?
Two small children to care for so no rest. They have fevers, they are hungry, they have needs. I’m coughing and walking, coughing and cooking, coughing and sleeping, coughing and bathing them. Run outside to breathe. Every breathe stings. I have taught my seven-year-old daughter to call 911 or run to neighbors if mommy doesn’t wake up.
Kids in bed with me because I’m afraid they will stop breathing. They have red spots on their faces. We are not sick enough for hospital stay. Doctors and pediatrician say it’s the covid take meds, rest, drink water. It’s been three weeks.
Stay home friends and don’t let people in your house. This thing is not a joke. If you don’t think it’s serious then come over to my house and visit us with big hugs and kisses."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT