ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

Never thought I'd post this, but I'm glad we only had 863 new cases, but it hurts me to see that we had to bring in mobile morgues. It seems like the other day we were discussing the possibility of hitting 20k cases and now we're almost at 70k.

A coworker of my mom's passed away this morning from covid. He had been in the hospital since the beginning of August

Just a matter of months folks; (one year tops according to scientist for mass vaccinations)...

io3wwb68joy51.jpg

Never thought I'd post this, but I'm glad we only had 863 new cases, but it hurts me to see that we had to bring in mobile morgues. It seems like the other day we were discussing the possibility of hitting 20k cases and now we're almost at 70k.

A coworker of my mom's passed away this morning from covid. He had been in the hospital since the beginning of August
Sorry to hear that. Its a total disaster now. I just can't imagine what it will be like if we hit a 5-10% active infection rate.

I don't know if the hospitals are getting paid more for diagnosing a death as a covid , but having trucks sent as morgues is a pretty damn defining argument on how bad this situation is.

Reactions: minermx07
My grandfather passed away a month ago and he was NOT diagnosed with covid after his death. He had underlying conditions but he passed away at the hospital from cardiac arrest. He was 95. If the hospital was out to label anyone as a covid victim in order to get the money, they would have for sure labeled him as a covid victim, but they didn't. These deaths are because of covid.

I don't know if the hospitals are getting paid more for diagnosing a death as a covid , but having trucks sent as morgues is a pretty damn defining argument on how bad this situation is.
I believe the DRG of COVID-19 pays high in the hospital (to the hospital), but so do many others. Doctors don't make any more or less than whatever they bill normally for their care. Many patients are unfunded as well and get equal care.

If I put a death diagnosis of resp failure due to COVID-19 or septic shock due to COVID-19 then the person died from COVID-19. Its just like having death from Flu, cancer, AIDS or whatever. People die from complications of the disease. These people are dying from COVID-19.

Last edited:
My grandfather passed away a month ago and he was NOT diagnosed with covid after his death. He had underlying conditions but he passed away at the hospital from cardiac arrest. He was 95. If the hospital was out to label anyone as a covid victim in order to get the money, they would have for sure labeled him as a covid victim, but they didn't. These deaths are because of covid.
Was your dad a vet (most likely)? I thank him for his services.

Yep. I was in a local religious ministry zoom meeting three weeks ago and the leaders were all brainstorming how to recruit new members and do more for our churches, "we need to do this & that...we need to do more" which is fine....but.

Then a hospital worker who had the floor to speak started with a plea to just "Stay at home! Please! [Tearful plea]". He went on to describe the heartbreak in the hospital and how he had been infected and has to quarantine so much he can't be near his kids and family and the isolation has taking a toll on him personally[rubbing tear from his eyes].

Texts on the bottom of zoom: "prayers for you brother!"

Pray, good. Don't stop. But just stay at home, wear a mask, wash your hands constantly, stay six feet and no it's not fake news.

Overturning a stay at home order is hardly “an outstanding victory” for Texas especially given the carnage this city as well as the rest of the county is going through. Between him and the Lieutenant Governor who said grandparents would gladly give their lives to save the economy Texas is in no position position to lecture California about wacky politicians.

WTF? Any verification of this?

Hope it isn’t true, but this story seems to be gaining steam. This is just a complete horror show from the top down. I think we can all sympathize with the front line health care workers and everything they’ve endured for the last 8 plus months. But if this is happening then I hope all the doctors letting that happening face the consequences because that is not right.

Last edited:
Reactions: minermx07
El Paso is out of control. 4% of the population is infected as per local officials reported on Sunday. As indicated by science experts, above 1% makes it difficult to trace & control. 1,550 cases this morning. Medical experts from outside say El Paso actually has a pretty good hospital/health care system, however; the pandemic is bending the local system badly.

I want to see this thread to be put to rest, soon. I'm praying for a miracle.

( Sent from KTSM 9 News )

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT