ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

No new El Paso virus deaths, cases continue double-digit increases
coronavirus_in_the_borderland-860x484.png

KVIA

EL PASO, Texas -- No new coronavirus deaths were reported Sunday in El Paso, following a week that saw 20 deaths in the county. But double-digit case increases continued.

While the death toll stayed at 78, health officials did report 60 additional virus infections, for a total of 2,764 confirmed cases. Of those 1,068 were considered active, while 1,618 El Pasoans were said to have recovered.

Medical science has learned how it is attacking the body: Thru the veins and not just respiratory.

"A new report from a well-respected medical journal suggests that the coronavirus may be a blood vessel disease as well as a respiratory infection.........The study, which was published in The Lancet in April, demonstrates that endothelial cells — that is, cells which form the barrier between blood vessels and organ tissues and control the transmission of fluids between the two — are involved in various health problems associated with the coronavirus."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30937-5/fulltext

Matthew McConaughey and wife donate face masks to El Paso hospital.

El Paso appreciates this classy gesture by the McConaughey’s.

Story on KTSM

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – University Medical Center of El Paso received 25,000 surgical masks on Monday, courtesy of actor Matthew McConaughey and his wife, Camila McConaughey, on behalf of Lincoln Motor Company.

The donation is a portion of the more than 125,000 face masks the McConaugheys are delivering to select hospitals across Texas. The McConaugheys did not make the trip to El Paso, but sent the masks through United Parcel Service.

According to UMC, another 20,000 masks will be distributed to the El Paso County Medical Society.
https://www.ktsm.com/news/matthew-mcconaughey-and-wife-donate-face-masks-to-el-paso-hospital/

Giving a thumbs up to the article that addresses how science has proven being outside is much safer...

An element of common sense has been lacking the last few months.

I mentioned how we got together for my good buddy’s 40th bday celebration. How it was outside and we were 8-10 feet apart at all times and was told by someone on here (I remember who) that my post was irresponsible.

I take precaution. I don’t want to be the one to spread this dreaded virus to someone who might die as a result...like my father in law who has stage IV cancer. I didn’t follow up and talk about how my wife and I quarantined for the next few weeks, yada yada yada.

However, from the beginning I’ve noticed a reluctance from some (most) people to actually use some critical thinking skills...some common sense. It’s why I decided to post what I did back in April. Almost as a wake the **** up to those who can’t think independently from the media and the stream of fear and reactionary bullshit that is constantly perpetuated by said entity.

Anyway, kudos to the article. Took long enough for that ****er to come out.

Giving a thumbs up to the article that addresses how science has proven being outside is much safer...

An element of common sense has been lacking the last few months.

I mentioned how we got together for my good buddy’s 40th bday celebration. How it was outside and we were 8-10 feet apart at all times and was told by someone on here (I remember who) that my post was irresponsible.

I take precaution. I don’t want to be the one to spread this dreaded virus to someone who might die as a result...like my father in law who has stage IV cancer. I didn’t follow up and talk about how my wife and I quarantined for the next few weeks, yada yada yada.

However, from the beginning I’ve noticed a reluctance from some (most) people to actually use some critical thinking skills...some common sense. It’s why I decided to post what I did back in April. Almost as a wake the **** up to those who can’t think independently from the media and the stream of fear and reactionary bullshit that is constantly perpetuated by said entity.

Anyway, kudos to the article. Took long enough for that ****er to come out.
I went to play golf and eat lunch with a friend yesterday. 1st time out (aside from work and groceries) in about 2 months. The golf course was jammed pack and we were playing fast. Not sure they were following all the rules, but it was one person per cart. The restaurant was slow but there were a few tables with groups of 4 sitting next to each other drinking beer. We left when it started to get busier. I felt much safer out on the course.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I went to play golf and eat lunch with a friend yesterday. 1st time out (aside from work and groceries) in about 2 months. The golf course was jammed pack and we were playing fast. Not sure they were following all the rules, but it was one person per cart. The restaurant was slow but there were a few tables with groups of 4 sitting next to each other drinking beer. We left when it started to get busier. I felt much safer out on the course.

Right on, axing. I’ve been playing golf at least once a week for the last 4 weeks. It’s been about my only respite from...ahem, ahem...my wife, who is also a teacher and home from morning til night EVERY day of the week! Love her to death, but mannnnnn....

I’ll go to a restaurant here and there. It’s a little different where I live though. Not many active cases of Covid 19. Doesn’t change much from week to week even 3 months in. Not that it won’t. It just hasn’t as of yet.

Starting to get crazy here. Kind of looks like that pic of the Ozarks Lake party in the post above, here in NB. The Comal River is packed, almost on a daily basis now. You’d hardly know there is a virus going around. I do make it a point to stay away from crowds like that.

The next couple of months should be real interesting as to how things develop, or don’t.

Reactions: axingfools1
EP's hospitalization is/was bending until the prison spiked those cases up. UMC head Dr. Burgos stated ICU intakes increased but he implied there is nothing to panic about. He stated they are prepared to take big spikes now which I believe because they now have tents, beds etc to handle IF that happens. Biggest concern was the cases from protestors in the borderland but "We're ready" is what he stated. So outdoors scenario obviously has it limits.

What I am interested in is the initial reports out of Northern Italy that the virus lost its lethality and is much weaker in their region. Scientist said it was too early but promising.

So we have checked 5% of the population now (about 45,000) based on epstrong.org. I think we could easily hit 15-20,000 cases in EP by the end of the year.

So we have checked 5% of the population now (about 45,000) based on epstrong.org. I think we could easily hit 15-20,000 cases in EP by the end of the year.
Oh, easily. Protests, retirement homes (which my mother is in one), prison/detention facilities, Fort Bliss not reporting publicly, bars, community spread and now the Catholic Diocese of El Paso is starting Phase 1 which leads to Phase III and the nut right Catholics in the city (I do non profit work with them around the city) are demanding the Bishop open up the churches a todo (but yet many do not want to help do wipe downs and disinfection's or donate money to the cause and I include my church). This goes against the Bishop's initial claim not until the case numbers bend and hospitalizations go down, which they are not.

"In Texas, North and South Carolina, California, Oregon, Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah and Arizona, there are an increasing number of patients under supervised care since the holiday weekend because of covid-19 infections. The spikes generally began in the past couple weeks and in most states, are trending higher."

Austin 48 hours ago....

So 20% of the population is going to get infected? Don't think so.

So you're saying 600-100 deaths?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT