ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

Does any know anyone who has/had Covid? I dont know anyone. Just wanted to know what they experienced

I don’t know anyone personally. Apparently my 22 year old son’s ex HS school mates, like 10-12 of them, were diagnosed with it. All hanging out in the open bars. Our county’s active cases went up by like 50% in a single day. Looking at the chart, the bar graph showed a huge spike in his age group so I’m guessing it’s true.

Im telling you, there’s a false sense of security around New Braunfels. It is business as usual, and everything is open, few masks are worn. We’ve been fairly insulated up until now, but I think we’re probably about to get hit hard.

Does any know anyone who has/had Covid? I dont know anyone. Just wanted to know what they experienced

One of my wife’s relatives in Juarez got it and passed away a week ago. He was in his early 30s and had respiratory issues as a kid but otherwise was in good health. He was on a ventilator for about 3 weeks.

Just 2 coworkers. One doctor and one nurse. Both were ok after a few days of symptoms..

Many patients though. Of course the ones hospitalized are already experiencing respiratory failure or another problem that requires a stay. I have sent home a few. Most that end up ventilated have died.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I think its a little more like about 5% of the EP population. Maybe 1000 to 1200 deaths then?

5% of El Paso's pulation is about 3,500. The death rate is less than 5% of those that are infected. For 1,000 to 1,200 deaths about 20% of the population has to be infected.

5% of El Paso's pulation is about 3,500. The death rate is less than 5% of those that are infected. For 1,000 to 1,200 deaths about 20% of the population has to be infected.
I'm not sure that we are on the same page. I'm talking about the entire city population.

15,000-20,000 people infected is actually about 2.5% of the entire El Paso population (800k?). If 5% of those die its about 1000 deaths.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that we are on the same page. I'm talking about the entire city population.

15,000-20,000 people infected is about 5% of the entire El Paso population

I got you now. I really don't think it will be that much, but nobody really knows at this point.

I think there is still another 6 months or so til a potential vaccine. Numbers are going up fast. 20,000 cases or more in EP is very reasonable.

I think there is still another 6 months or so til a potential vaccine. Numbers are going up fast. 20,000 cases or more in EP is very reasonable.

There are currently 4,000 cases, so that means 16,000 more cases in 180 days, which means an average of about 88 cases a day. I don't see that happening.

There are currently 4,000 cases, so that means 16,000 more cases in 180 days, which means an average of about 88 cases a day. I don't see that happening.
Well its only been 4 days and we have 489 new cases. Let's see if mandating masks makes any difference.

Nothing is really working it seems. I talked to my Doctor about this and he told me that he has seen zero colds, TB, Flu, Meningitis, and other airborne illnesses. So he was saying the mitigation is having an impact of not taxing the system.

Also, I asked him if its losing its lethality? He said it is. He said fewer people are getting really sick. He said he had one patient go on a vent but the guys wife didnt get sick at all. He tells me 'if you were a virus and wanted to survive for a while, would you kill your host?' He said many viruses will do this to prolong their existence.

As far as vaccines, AstraZeneca is on track to have 400 million doses in the US by September. Whether we can inject them or not will be up to the FDA.

Normal-distribution-bell-shaped-curve-with-standard-deviations-From.png

We've been at this for a little over 90 days. We haven't even hit our peak yet. If the graph were a constant flat curve (straight line) and you used 4,000 as your basis for predicting the # of cases in 6 months, we'd be at 12,000 total cases. It isn't a straight line, I think we'll be above 20,000 in about 3 months if we don't watch our shit.

Axingfools is to Auto Boy as Fauci is to Trump.

Last edited:
We've been at this for a little over 90 days. We haven't even hit our peak yet. If the graph were a constant flat curve (straight line) and you used 4,000 as your basis for predicting the # of cases in 6 months, we'd be at 12,000 total cases. It isn't a straight line, I think we'll be above 20,000 in about 3 months if we don't watch our shit.

Axingfools is to Auto Boy as Fauci is to Trump.

"Cut your stupid routine". LMAO!!!

That graph that minerinciter is posting daily is gonna eventually look similar to the picture I posted above. When you get to the peak of the curve, multiply that times 2

truth hurts

Not at all. I don't make up things that people say and get mad when people call me out on it.

As shown in post 348 I already said I would admit it if my projections are wrong: "You may be right and I will admit if my projections are off. Let's just hope you're wrong!"

That graph that minerinciter is posting daily is gonna eventually look similar to the picture I posted above.

I know you don't have the mental capacity to know this, but those are things called projections. Nobody knows what is going to happen.

Others posted on here at the beginning and said 2 million people in the US were going to die. They were way off, just like I was way off by saying only 5,000 people would die.

you also acted like a smart ass, talking down to someone and said "There are currently 4,000 cases, so that means 16,000 more cases in 180 days, which means an average of about 88 cases a day. I don't see that happening".....

We haven't had one day with less than 88 cases since then. go kick rocks, but don't do it in the street

you also acted like a smart ass, talking down to someone and said "There are currently 4,000 cases, so that means 16,000 more cases in 180 days, which means an average of about 88 cases a day. I don't see that happening".....

We haven't had one day with less than 88 cases since then. go kick rocks, but don't do it in the street

No, I made a projection. MILLIONS of people make projections and MILLIONS are wrong. I'm sorry you don't have the mental capacity to know this.

I never "talked down" to anybody. Even axingfools liked my tweet. YOU are the only person that has the problem.

No, I made a projection. MILLIONS of people make projections and MILLIONS are wrong. I'm sorry you don't have the mental capacity to know this.

I never "talked down" to anybody. Even axingfools liked my tweet. YOU are the only person that has the problem.
and like everything else about you, it was wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT