ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

The officiating crew looked bought. I’ll still take the W and the two game lead in the east.

Jessica-Simpson-sexy-gif-12.gif

Last edited:
The officiating crew looked bought. I’ll still take the W and the two game lead in the east.
They weren't bought; they made terrible calls both ways. The Cowboys obviously benefited from their missing the fumble on the opening kickoff and then deciding that they couldn't see a clean recovery (even though there were four Iggles on top of the ball and no Cowboys, so I don't see how anybody but the Iggles could have possibly recovered it).

I don't know how they could call that sack late in the game a personal foul. If Wentz had already thrown the ball, sure, but he still had the ball. What's the defender supposed to do? Not sack the quarterback? You're not allowed to hit him in the head, and you're not allowed to grab his facemask, but this is the first time I have ever heard of not being allowed to grab the legs. Does anybody have an explanation for this? It was absurd.

Reactions: axingfools1
Eh, a win is a win is a win. The Boys have given a couple away and tonight they were kinda given one.

It almost makes me cringe to say so, but gotta give Garrett a little credit for going for it on 4th down in OT. Told my wife, if we give the ball back to the Eagles by taking the 3, we’re gonna lose this one.

They weren't bought; they made terrible calls both ways. The Cowboys obviously benefited from their missing the fumble on the opening kickoff and then deciding that they couldn't see a clean recovery (even though there were four Iggles on top of the ball and no Cowboys, so I don't see how anybody but the Iggles could have possibly recovered it).

I don't know how they could call that sack late in the game a personal foul. If Wentz had already thrown the ball, sure, but he still had the ball. What's the defender supposed to do? Not sack the quarterback? You're not allowed to hit him in the head, and you're not allowed to grab his facemask, but this is the first time I have ever heard of not being allowed to grab the legs. Does anybody have an explanation for this? It was absurd.
Same penalty as this.

Can’t hit the qb below the knees.

Eh, a win is a win is a win. The Boys have given a couple away and tonight they were kinda given one.

It almost makes me cringe to say so, but gotta give Garrett a little credit for going for it on 4th down in OT. Told my wife, if we give the ball back to the Eagles by taking the 3, we’re gonna lose this one.

Stephen A Smith is a complete idiot and only likes to hear himself talk. He said there was no way in the world the Cowboys would make the playoffs, and now he looks stupid (but that is normal for him). If the Cowboys would not change their play calling so dramatically in the red zone, they would have won going away and nothing else would have mattered. The Eagles did not play well, and did not do enough to win the game when the Cowboys played sub par. Dak fumbled as usual, and threw 2 interceptions.
The biggest factor for the Cowboys is the lack of a TE. If Witten was still there, Dak would have another target to throw his short passes to, and that would open up the offense even more, especially in the red zone. And if Garrett would just stick to running Zeke there as well, they would score more TD's than always coming up with some weird scheme.

Stephen A Smith is a complete idiot and only likes to hear himself talk. He said there was no way in the world the Cowboys would make the playoffs, and now he looks stupid (but that is normal for him). If the Cowboys would not change their play calling so dramatically in the red zone, they would have won going away and nothing else would have mattered. The Eagles did not play well, and did not do enough to win the game when the Cowboys played sub par. Dak fumbled as usual, and threw 2 interceptions.
The biggest factor for the Cowboys is the lack of a TE. If Witten was still there, Dak would have another target to throw his short passes to, and that would open up the offense even more, especially in the red zone. And if Garrett would just stick to running Zeke there as well, they would score more TD's than always coming up with some weird scheme.
Monday afternoon on Dallas KFAN Jimmy Jones one on one today. All is good.....for now.:p
jerruhfinished-gif.3948

Jumping back on the wagon now Rocketsr?

I agree the playcalling is dog shit at times and we are not going for the kill when in the redzone. Dak's 2nd INT was horrible and his holding onto the ball at crucial moments might be our eventual downfall. He did throw for 450+ yards though. At this point we have to take the good with the bad, but he must get better moving forward.

Cooper has made a huge difference and was worth the 1st rd draft pick IMO. Dak and Gallup are not on the same page going deep. Gallup often slows down early on his routes and comes up short. Beasley is being underutilized.

Witten is not coming back. Swaim and Jarwin are playing well, but we do have some trade value in Lee, Hurns, Austin Charlton, etc...

As for Stephen A. Smith, like him or not, he has been right about the cowboys for a long time. He is a Philly guy so he is going to bitch. You usually sound just like him Rocketsr.

I agree the playcalling is dog shit at times and we are not going for the kill when in the redzone. Dak's 2nd INT was horrible and his holding onto the ball at crucial moments might be our eventual downfall. He did throw for 450+ yards though. At this point we have to take the good with the bad, but he must get better moving forward.

Cooper has made a huge difference and was worth the 1st rd draft pick IMO. Dak and Gallup are not on the same page going deep. Gallup often slows down early on his routes and comes up short. Beasley is being underutilized.

Witten is not coming back. Swaim and Jarwin are playing well, but we do have some trade value in Lee, Hurns, Austin Charlton, etc...

As for Stephen A. Smith, like him or not, he has been right about the cowboys for a long time. He is a Philly guy so he is going to bitch. You usually sound just like him Rocketsr.

He’s actually from New York and worked in Philadelphia, anyways I agree on Beasley. I thought with the acquisition of Cooper that would loosen up the coverage on Colt and nada, he’s disappeared.

Reactions: miner1liner

I have never been off the band wagon. I have been a Cowboys fan for 46 years. How many have you?
I have never changed my stance that Dak is a mediocore QB and cannot throw the ball over 20 yds. Again, they have won despite him. His lack of ball control (fumbles and interceptions) is scary. He is no superstar and does not deserve 20 million a year. If Philly and the Redskins do not get decimated with injuries, we are not having this playoff conversation right now. The defense has kept Dallas in every game this year. The redzone offense is atrocious (3 field goals in a row). Throwing for 450 against a decimated secondary is no great feat, and again, how many were over 20 yds in the air? Not many. Take Elliot out of the equation, and Dak throws for under 200.

Asking for my team to play well and address the obvious is not asking for much with all the talent on the team. Just like I was asking Floyd to be held accountable for the team and the lousy play, while most were content on his mediocore teams and wanted to keep giving him more and more time.
Sorry, but I don't settle for two wild card wins since 1996 being a great sign of success. If you keep Garrett and sign Dak to a huge contract, you are only buying into more years of that, and I am sorry but I have been a Cowboys fan for too long for Jerry to take me for granted and feed me the same bullshit and make me say it tastes like steak.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Last season he finished ranked 4th for passes over 20 yards.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-most-accurate-deep-ball-passers-in-2017

If he adjusts his accuracy a little bit this team would be blowing out opponents. I don’t really care for final scores as long as Dallas wins the games. Which they have so far. He is 30-15 as a starter and one win away from having two division titles in his first three years. Since being drafted he leads the nfl in game winning drives. How many times have we seen a Dallas qb choke on the last drive and cost us the game? He is second only to Brady in most wins by a qb since entering the NFL. Not too bad for a mediocre qb playing in his third season.

Reactions: axingfools1
Last season he finished ranked 4th for passes over 20 yards.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-most-accurate-deep-ball-passers-in-2017

If he adjusts his accuracy a little bit this team would be blowing out opponents. I don’t really care for final scores as long as Dallas wins the games. Which they have so far. He is 30-15 as a starter and one win away from having two division titles in his first three years. Since being drafted he leads the nfl in game winning drives. How many times have we seen a Dallas qb choke on the last drive and cost us the game? He is second only to Brady in most wins by a qb since entering the NFL. Not too bad for a mediocre qb playing in his third season.
My problem with Dak is his head! I have no problem with his talent level. I think it's certainly adequate and above average. The problem all along has been his decision making. He reacts on each down as if the game is on the line and results have been horrid. He eats the ball for huge losses, doesn't properly protect the ball and fumbles, throws into a crowd and gets intercepted; when in all of these instances, the first choice is to throw it away. Even on the game winning TD, I think his pass actually was off target and bounced off the defender into Cooper's hands.

Reactions: Rocketsr
My problem with Dak is his head! I have no problem with his talent level. I think it's certainly adequate and above average. The problem all along has been his decision making. He reacts on each down as if the game is on the line and results have been horrid. He eats the ball for huge losses, doesn't properly protect the ball and fumbles, throws into a crowd and gets intercepted; when in all of these instances, the first choice is to throw it away. Even on the game winning TD, I think his pass actually was off target and bounced off the defender into Cooper's hands.
That’s a sentiment many Cowboys fans can relate to. Those mistakes have been the difference between winning by 2-3 tds or escaping with the W. He has also done a lot of good things. Most importantly when the game is on the line. Here’s a good article with a lot of nice details in his overall work.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...o-deliver-in-big-moments-amari-cooper-cowboys

I have never been off the band wagon. I have been a Cowboys fan for 46 years. How many have you?
I have never changed my stance that Dak is a mediocore QB and cannot throw the ball over 20 yds. Again, they have won despite him. His lack of ball control (fumbles and interceptions) is scary. He is no superstar and does not deserve 20 million a year. If Philly and the Redskins do not get decimated with injuries, we are not having this playoff conversation right now. The defense has kept Dallas in every game this year. The redzone offense is atrocious (3 field goals in a row). Throwing for 450 against a decimated secondary is no great feat, and again, how many were over 20 yds in the air? Not many. Take Elliot out of the equation, and Dak throws for under 200.

Asking for my team to play well and address the obvious is not asking for much with all the talent on the team. Just like I was asking Floyd to be held accountable for the team and the lousy play, while most were content on his mediocore teams and wanted to keep giving him more and more time.
Sorry, but I don't settle for two wild card wins since 1996 being a great sign of success. If you keep Garrett and sign Dak to a huge contract, you are only buying into more years of that, and I am sorry but I have been a Cowboys fan for too long for Jerry to take me for granted and feed me the same bullshit and make me say it tastes like steak.
I'm 43, so ever since I can remember. Not as long as you since you are obviously older.

Nobody is claiming that Dak, the team or certain coaches can't improve. This is the 1st year that he has had an average QBR and red zone conversion rate. He had different offensive players around him to start the season as well. No team or player can be perfect all year every year. The coaches and owner can't just fart out all pro players at every position. Sometimes teams win with offense, sometimes with defense, sometimes with a little of both.

You complain if we win with defense. You complain that we don't have certain players that are gone. You complain that Dak doesn't complete multiple balls longer than 20 yrds every game. You complain when we get a pro bowl receiver because he costs too much. You complain that we have a 5 game win streak because Dak might get signed to a big contract. You complain that Elliot makes Dak look better. You state that other teams are injured and thats why we won or Dak threw for so many yards. You don't sound like a cowboy fan.

Guess what? The cowboys are doing ok for now. Only one team can win every year, but it only takes that one year to break the drought. What will you complain about if the Cowboys somehow we win the superbowl? Will you make excuses for why they won?

You don't sound like a cowboy fan. You were hating on them early and now you are saying that Stephen A looks stupid because he said they wouldn't make the playoffs. And please stop comparing utep basketball/coaching to the Dallas cowboys.

Stephen A. Smith schtick is NBA basketball and his NFL knowledge is suspect at times, but he calls out facts that are facts. Earlier he had to settle down Houston Rockets fans over Lebron sweepstakes 3.0 and knew LJ was Laker bound.

Stephen A. Smith schtick is NBA basketball and his NFL knowledge is suspect at times, but he calls out facts that are facts. Earlier he had to settle down Houston Rockets fans over Lebron sweepstakes 3.0 and knew LJ was Laker bound.

His boxing knowledge is worse. The only thing that is entertaining is when him and Teddy Atlas try to out-crazy each other.

I'm 43, so ever since I can remember. Not as long as you since you are obviously older.

Nobody is claiming that Dak, the team or certain coaches can't improve. This is the 1st year that he has had an average QBR and red zone conversion rate. He had different offensive players around him to start the season as well. No team or player can be perfect all year every year. The coaches and owner can't just fart out all pro players at every position. Sometimes teams win with offense, sometimes with defense, sometimes with a little of both.

You complain if we win with defense. You complain that we don't have certain players that are gone. You complain that Dak doesn't complete multiple balls longer than 20 yrds every game. You complain when we get a pro bowl receiver because he costs too much. You complain that we have a 5 game win streak because Dak might get signed to a big contract. You complain that Elliot makes Dak look better. You state that other teams are injured and thats why we won or Dak threw for so many yards. You don't sound like a cowboy fan.

Guess what? The cowboys are doing ok for now. Only one team can win every year, but it only takes that one year to break the drought. What will you complain about if the Cowboys somehow we win the superbowl? Will you make excuses for why they won?

You don't sound like a cowboy fan. You were hating on them early and now you are saying that Stephen A looks stupid because he said they wouldn't make the playoffs. And please stop comparing utep basketball/coaching to the Dallas cowboys.

And you complain if I speak out on the obvious. Dak was able to stand behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Put him behind any other line and he is a shell of himself. People like you sit there and cheer and rah rah your team on while they have won 2 wild card playoff games since 1996. Sorry, but I see what is in front of me, and you choose not to. You choose to settle like you did with Floyd. Rah Rah Floyd, he is the master, he is winning more than half his games, why want more.
You are the reason that Jerry doesn't have to do anything, because you are happy with what is in front of you, and anyone that is not just because they are winning some games is wrong and not a fan. Again, 2 wild card playoff wins since 1996, and you don't see what is in front of you. A sub par QB that is not the QB of the future. Exactly what you did with Floyd, you are doing with the Cowboys. When they sign Dak for 20 million a year, and lose some of their lineman because of the cap, and Elliot gets injured and sits on the bench a couple of games, you will see what is in front of you.

Sorry, but someone doesn't have to be a Rah Rah guy like you to be fan. Actually a real fan has a burning inside for the team and wants the changes made to win. 2 WILDCARD PLAYOFF WINS SINCE 1996, and you are happy. Steeler fans are not happy with Tomlin and he gets them to the playoffs every year, you know why, because they want more than just playoffs. You would be happy with Floyd making the CBI and CIT instead of the NCAA's just like you are happy with Dallas just the way they are. Sorry, sir, but you don't see the perfect storm in front of you, and you choose not to because you are a settler and Jerry loves you. Heck, Garrett loves you because he has no reason to worry with fans like you.

Reactions: John 100
So basically for us to be real fans we have to turn into a Cowboys version of Shovelman/Honey95.
Where did I say that? Stop making up things that aren't said. I am the one being called out because I am not being a rah rah fan and because I am critical I am not a fan at all. Where did I say that you HAD to be critical of your team to be a true fan?
I will also guarantee that I have seen more games live than you will see in your lifetime, and as someone that spends the amount of money on the team, I have right to ask for a better product or at least the effort to produce that. I have seen the mistakes the team has made (Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell to name a few), and I don't want to see them repeat the same pattern.
Just because you don't like what Honey95/Chih or Shovelman has to say doesn't make their views any less on point, nor does it make them any less of a fan.
Sorry that not everyone agrees with you, but their are coloring books and safe spaces that will remedy that.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoneyBoy95
Where did I say that? Stop making up things that aren't said. I am the one being called out because I am not being a rah rah fan and because I am critical I am not a fan at all. Where did I say that you HAD to be critical of your team to be a true fan?
I will also guarantee that I have seen more games live than you will see in your lifetime, and as someone that spends the amount of money on the team, I have right to ask for a better product or at least the effort to produce that. I have seen the mistakes the team has made (Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell to name a few), and I don't want to see them repeat the same pattern.
Just because you don't like what Honey95/Chih or Shovelman has to say doesn't make their views any less on point, nor does it make them any less of a fan.
Sorry that not everyone agrees with you, but their are coloring books and safe spaces that will remedy that.
And not that it has anything to do with pro football, but where did I say that I was a fan of Floyd or that I was ok with him staying here? You are being hipocritical based on this post and previous. And just because you have been to Cowboy games doesn't disqualify others as fans either. Why do you assume that other Cowboy fans think everything is a ok just because the cowboys win? Chances are they will eventually lose (just like the other 31 NFL teams that lose every year), but will you still be pissed off if they win it all? Just saying nobody is perfect. You just sound bitter and jaded no matter what they do. Now you are making excuses for why they are winning. You are basically asking for perfection from the owner, coaches and players win or lose. I'm not happy (nor satisfied) about 2 playoff appearances in the past 25 years, but I'm glad they are winning right now. Done.

Reactions: miner1liner
Here we go again, making up things that don't exist so you can keep your rant going.
1) Name one place where I said that not going to Cowboy games disqualifies you as a fan? You are the one that said I was not a fan, now you make some correlation that I said you were not. Nice way to create things out of threads that fit your agenda.
2) Where did I assume Cowboy fans think it is ok to lose? Nice to make another Strawman argument, as you are the master of them. Create another statement that has no basis, only where the shoe fits, which is nicely on your foot. (if you don't understand that it is because it is just aimed at you, there is no s at the end of fan)

Again, people are allowed to be fans and be critical of their team. Stop crying because everyone doesn't agree with you. I never said you weren't a fan, you are the one that said I was not, most likely because I don't agree with your every word, as you are not used to that. As they say. "Tolerance is great as long as they agree with you."
Again to your last statement, 2 Playoff wins since 1996, is not asking for perfection, since that is seemingly way imperfect. Continuing to allow that to happen and not being critical is ridiculous, and allows it to be common place.

Last edited:
Again, people are allowed to be fans and be critical of their team. Stop crying because everyone doesn't agree with you. I never said you weren't a fan, you are the one that said I was not, most likely because I don't agree with your every word, as you are not used to that. As they say. "Tolerance is great as long as they agree with you."

That’s right. Honks like JCorona and AxingFools believe they are better fans than others because they’re more positive, etc. It’s ridiculous that other fans cannot intelligently discuss their team because of honks. Honks will predict unlikely results and will trash coaches and players when they leave the team. Most honks just aren’t very intelligent; as it is likely the will defend anything they believe is right, without facts or rational of course.

Reactions: Rocketsr
That’s right. Honks like JCorona and AxingFools believe they are better fans than others because they’re more positive, etc. It’s ridiculous that other fans cannot intelligently discuss their team because of honks. Honks will predict unlikely results and will trash coaches and players when they leave the team. Most honks just aren’t very intelligent; as it is likely the will defend anything they believe is right, without facts or rational of course.
This honk is the only one on here that has intelligent conversations with you without disrespecting you. Everyone else has you on ignore or wants to talk about your past screen names.

Here’s my take on the Boys.

I’m almost sure no one that is a Cowboys fan is happy about two playoff wins since 96. I am happy with the current five game winning streak that has all but assured us a home playoff game. If we go one and done, I’ll log in the off season and bitch about two playoff wins in 23 years.

I also would like a change in the organization's management. As any NFL fan knows that will not happen while Jerry Jones is alive. There’s nothing anyone can do to change it. If we don’t make the NFC championship game, I’ll log in the off-season and bitch about Jones.

As far as Dak I agree that he is not an elite qb. His stats are good and he is winning ball games. I’m not worried about him getting signed to a 20+ million a year contract because he still has one year left on his rookie deal and the Cowboys can franchise him until 2021. If he takes the Boys to the NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl between now and 2021, then imo he has earned that big contract. Because as has been brought up many times no NFC or Super Bowl appearances since 1996. But if we continue burning out in the wild card or divisional round, I’m not so sure Jerry will authorize a big contract.

In the meantime I’ll worry about the Colts on Sunday and enjoy this season until it ends.

This honk is the only one on here that has intelligent conversations with you without disrespecting you. Everyone else has you on ignore or wants to talk about your past screen names.

Yes and for some reason you still seem to think I give a rip about what others think of me. Get back to the Cowgirl talk. As you can see, not all fans like being rah-rah and can express displeasure in their team.

I’m almost sure no one that is a Cowboys fan is happy about two playoff wins since 96. I am happy with the current five game winning streak that has all but assured us a home playoff game. If we go one and done, I’ll log in the off season and bitch about two playoff wins in 23 years.

I also would like a change in the organization's management. As any NFL fan knows that will not happen while Jerry Jones is alive. There’s nothing anyone can do to change it. If we don’t make the NFC championship game, I’ll log in the off-season and bitch about Jones.

As far as Dak I agree that he is not an elite qb. His stats are good and he is winning ball games. I’m not worried about him getting signed to a 20+ million a year contract because he still has one year left on his rookie deal and the Cowboys can franchise him until 2021. If he takes the Boys to the NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl between now and 2021, then imo he has earned that big contract. Because as has been brought up many times no NFC or Super Bowl appearances since 1996. But if we continue burning out in the wild card or divisional round, I’m not so sure Jerry will authorize a big contract.

In the meantime I’ll worry about the Colts on Sunday and enjoy this season until it ends.
Agreed. Very well thought out and reasonable post. There are some things that we all know can obviously get better, but I'm glad they are winning right now and that we have a chance to keep going.

You have said it perfectly. The only difference is that I am bitching about it now, because I, like you, see what is coming. No coaching change, and Jerry signing him to a huge contract before he really has to. Then we are stuck with him without allowing him to truly prove his worth. These are typical Jerry moves, and I have become way too frustrated by them to think any differently. Remember Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel, and was outvoted by his son and three others (It takes 4 votes to outvote him), and he insulted his son in front of everyone for taking Zack Martin. I bet Jerry still thinks he was right to this day.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT