ADVERTISEMENT

OT: El Paso Mass Shooting

Here lies the problem. I’m a republican and have no hate in my heart. I will gladly support any person who has common sense and wants to help the middle class . But to those of you who blame this on just the Republicans I call BS. If liberals are so damn perfect explain Antifia, college riots over speakers, the belief to kill millions of unborn children. We all have different beliefs, but violence shouldn’t be one of them.
And yes I have always been for stricter gun laws especially a ban on assault rifles. This needs to be passed now.
The difference is your president is inspiring both Antifa and the White supremists. We don't have a president that openly encourages violence against white people. Why can't you understand that?

Reactions: develman
You can dislike or not support the president all you want, but pitting race vs race by choosing sides is exactly what this terrorist wanted. Feeding the fire is definitely not the answer.
Mass shootings were around long before trump. You can't blame him for those. But what happened this weekend at the border, after trump had been vilifying El Paso and the border, is a direct result of his rhetoric. So by supporting trump, you have the blood of 46 people on your hands.

The difference is your president is inspiring both Antifa and the White supremists. We don't have a president that openly encourages violence against white people. Why can't you understand that?
So other than getting rid of a racist president that's been in office for a whole 3 years, what is your solution to never ending racism and race crimes?

So other than getting rid of a racist president that's been in office for a whole 3 years, what is your solution to never ending racism and race crimes?
People can be racist all they want. People can say racist shit all they want. Nothing you can do about that. Everyone has a right to feel the way they do. But racist violence is a different thing. You prosecute racist violence for not only the perp but the people that support the perp, like his family, the person that sold him the rifle, the people that encouraged him on social media. We do that with organized crime through RICO. We do it with muslim terrorism, we can do the samething with racial terrorism.

Another thing we could do is register and licence every gun bought or sold in the US. Like we do CARS. Make every gun owner have liability insurance on the guns.

Thirdly, background checks for all gun buyers like we did 30 years ago with Brady. Give up you social media info when you go to buy a gun and if you have a felony or belong to a radical group. No gun.

These are just off the top of my head but it won't happen because somehow the NRA knows best.

Geez guys...I came here to read about the support and love that our City has showed in the worst time it has ever experienced and instead you all want to argue for 3 pages on politics. Nobody has the right answer regardless of your political view so shut the f up and lets show the nation and world that El Paso is relentless, strong and loving.

#EPStrong

Reactions: JCorona
Geez guys...I came here to read about the support and love that our City has showed in the worst time it has ever experienced and instead you all want to argue for 3 pages on politics. Nobody has the right answer regardless of your political view so shut the f up and lets show the nation and world that El Paso is relentless, strong and loving.

#EPStrong
I think people do have the answers or at least possible answers. We have one side that is thinking of possible solutions, another that fights like hell to keep things as is. It's fn frustrating.

I think people do have the answers or at least possible answers. We have one side that is thinking of possible solutions, another that fights like hell to keep things as is. It's fn frustrating.

I think both sides have answers that are do not solve the issue. I am not going to get into with you or anyone else but it starts with people. Take away guns, video games, drugs, alcohol; whatever vice people want to bitch about and humans will find another way to destroy themselves and people around them.

Reactions: Dmanminer

#EPStrong
The same thing happened in the CUSA message board. The political talk got out of hand and the thread was deleted. I just wanted to read some “prayers and thoughts” for El Paso from other fan bases.

Reactions: WestTx12
But, but, this is so complicated. An act of nature, no one can explain.

A country with the easiest access to high capacity weapons has the most shootings? Impossible!

A country that has the president calling immigrants "Invaders" has hate crime? Never!

A country that has 24/7 fear mongering from Fox and news radio has an anger issue? I'm shoked! Liberlz have NPR right? They're the same thing right? Its both sides, it's impossible to figure out.

Thoughts and prayers. Jesus. Stop violent video games. I don't agree completely with your proposals, but I have no proposals
So inaction is best and maybe this new set of prayers will work.

Prayers don’t work, violent video games are excuses.... we need harsher penalties as a deterrent and to stop making excuses for these idiots

These issues aren’t as one sided as we’re making them out to be. Sure this shooter seemed to have racist intentions, and maybe they were fueled by the rhetoric of our current president and the political climate we live in. But what about that Dayton shooter? From what I read online he was a registered Democrat and a “Satanist”... who’s to blame for that? That shooter in the Pulse Nightclub pledged allegiance to ISIS and so on and so on. Unfortunately another shooter is going to come along and it could be for any number of reasons we’ve seen before... be it they want revenge at their school for being bullied, they got fired from their job, revenge against an ex lover. There are a million different reasons why these people go on these rampages, neither of which are justifiable. As much as this is a political thing, it’s also a people thing and this constant blame game gets us nowhere.

Reactions: FeralFelidae

Hoping UTEP has something on their helmet/uniform this year.

I remember the first UTEP home game after 9/11 and the emotions from National Anthem to final whistle. The first home game this year will be a great healing moment.

Lastly, the love UTEP staff, players, and ex-players have given to the city is a testament of the El Paso community.

Here's a response.

Antifa = Anti fascism. It's a response to fascists like Tяump and his cultist white supremacists who have been given the green light by Tяump at his rallies to attack at will. It's a response when people of color, LGBT, immigrants, and others tire of getting killed or beaten physically simply because they are not white and decide to fight back.

"We all have different beliefs but violence shouldn't be one of them."

Antifa is a response to your side's hatred, bigotry, and violence. Need a reference? How about Charlottesville. Or El Paso. The reference list is endless.

You claim that republicans shouldn't be blamed? Why not? You bring up abortion. You want to be able to control a woman's body because republican? You care about "unborn" children while separating *born* children from their parents and throwing them into cages like animals and then look away when those children die because they lack the most basic of life's needs, most importantly, their PARENTS. You even deny these children soap and toothpaste.

Why? Because republican.

So I call BULLSHIT on you and all republicans who claim they give a shit about children -- you don't. You support, enable, and defend a racist, bigoted, white supremacist, credibly accused rapist president. To quote Lindsey Graham, Tяump is a "race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot." And yet, he is now one of Tяump's most ardent defenders.

Why? Because republican.
You’re so full of s—t.
When have you seen a mob of conservatives attacking people. Yes there is some individuals but not mobs like Your beloved Antifia.
2. Did a group of republicans go to these countries and kidnap these kids to come here. Not to my knowledge. If these parents had 3 to 4 thousand dollars per person then they would have money to make a difference in their country. Don’t be blind sided by the media.
Don’t give the talking points on abortion, have you ever heard the word no or didn’t your dad ever tell you to keep your Johnson in your pants.
If your man enough or women enough to conceive a life, be human enough not to kill that person. (I do make exceptions for health, rape, and incest).
Not going any further with this. Let’s get back to making UTEP successful, something we all want

As much as this is a political thing, it’s also a people thing and this constant blame game gets us nowhere.
I completely disagree. Lots of people support this president because he says things that aren't politically correct or that he's good for the economy, or he's a white supremacist or whatever it may be. But you cannot on onehand talk about loving El Paso and on the other hand support the ideology that gives rise to violence against another ethnicity. At some point you have to look in the mirror and make a choice. There are a lot of good republicans out there who don't use criminal ideology of making all immigrants out to be rapists, drug dealers and the assumtion of some being good people. Then when the violence comes to your community, blame it on someone being crazy. That is complete bullshit and I, for one, ain't gonna let that stand.

You’re so full of s—t.
When have you seen a mob of conservatives attacking people. Yes there is some individuals but not mobs like Your beloved Antifia.
2. Did a group of republicans go to these countries and kidnap these kids to come here. Not to my knowledge. If these parents had 3 to 4 thousand dollars per person then they would have money to make a difference in their country. Don’t be blind sided by the media.
Don’t give the talking points on abortion, have you ever heard the word no or didn’t your dad ever tell you to keep your Johnson in your pants.
If your man enough or women enough to conceive a life, be human enough not to kill that person. (I do make exceptions for health, rape, and incest).
Not going any further with this. Let’s get back to making UTEP successful, something we all want

1. Tяump rallies. Charlottesville.

2. It's called migration. As for abortion, YOU brought it up. YOU want to give YOUR talking points without being told YOU'RE WRONG. Well, YOU'RE WRONG. You won't even address YOUR fuhrer and YOUR republican party killing children after separating them from their parents. To paraphrase YOU, if you're man or woman enough to care about life, be human enough not to kill these children.

Everyone knows in varying degrees who Trump is, what he stands for, how he spouts his hatred at unlimited targets, lies endlessly, spits out constant denials of previous statements, etc. There can be no surprise at anything this lying racist says or does. He is an embarrassment to mankind and America must pay attention, wise up and vote for whoever runs against him. I stupidly voted for the independent candidate from New Mexico as a protest vote, because no way was I going with Hilary. I have voted Republican every presidential election tii 2016. Trump and his blind followers are killing the GOP. No one has the guts to throw him down and it's doomsday.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/05/politics/nebraska-lawmaker-white-supremacy-tweets-trnd/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

We need like 500,000 more Republicans to have the same breakthrough. I hope it happens. We can disagree on fiscal policy, the environment, size of the government.

But if you keep siding with the President when he calls immigrants rapists, calls immigration an invasion, laughs when supporters yell about shooting immigrants. You're on the wrong side. You're on team mass shooter or you're not. You're on team white supremacists or your not. Simple.

If you're not, do something. You don't have to change parties, but hold a firm line in your parties rhetoric. Put pressure on your party on guns. Stop allowing Alex Jones on your side. Do Democrats have crazies? Obviously. Any as crazy or as important as Alex Jones? No!

Last edited:
Reactions: NY/NJminer
My friends, we have had a tragedy here. Tone down the hateful rhetoric!!
Point out the "hateful rhetoric". I haven't seen any. Well except for the right-wing terrorist racist who killed 22 innocent people and injured dozens of others.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Point out the "hateful rhetoric". I haven't seen any. Well except for the right-wing terrorist racist who killed 22 innocent people and injured dozens of others.
Let's start with the guy who said white guys are nuts. That is certainly unifying and encouraging in a stressful situation.

Well, that's a popular talking point by conservatives whenever a mass shooter is white it's because he's crazy. It couldn't be that he is a radicalized racist ideological terrorist? Which is obviously the latter in this case, but still people want to blame it on his mental health and not his terroristic act. Oh and if the shoe fits by all means...........

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Well, that's a popular talking point by conservatives whenever a mass shooter is white it's because he's crazy. It couldn't be that he is a radicalized racist ideological terrorist? Which is obviously the latter in this case, but still people want to blame it on his mental health and not his terroristic act. Oh and if the shoe fits by all means...........
Right now we are not liberal or conservatives WE ARE AMERICAN. We need to jointly condemn evil and realize the brother with different views on policy is not the enemy. And no the shoe does not fit

Right now we are not liberal or conservatives WE ARE AMERICAN. We need to jointly condemn evil and realize the brother with different views on policy is not the enemy. And no the shoe does not fit
All I'm saying is the shooter is a terrorist that had an ideological agenda of racism and it shouldn't be minimized by calling him a crazy white guy.

Do we "jointly condemn evil"? We had one side of the spectrum cheering when someone in a Trump rally responded by saying "shoot em" when Trump asked how do you stop the "Invaders"? Then all the "respectable" Republicans came out and said the Democrats were being hyperbolic when they condemned that. A few months later, someone came to El Paso to "shoot em". That person refered to Hispanics as "Invaders", same as the President.

Thing is, it's a cute thing to say. "We're all one". I'm darn proud to be an American. An El Pasoan. However, we've let this thing happen for too long and saying "stop fighting" is just putting our heads in the sand.

We've done the koombaya, thoughts, and prayers, we need more Jesus for too long. If that's all we have then it isn't going to ever stop. Every mass shooting post Sandy Hook is a national shame. We should have solved this by now.

This is not a policy issue. If it was, the complicit and enabling republican party would join the democrats in discussing GUN legislation.

Instead, republicans support, enable, and defend Tяump and his racist, neo-nazi cultists each and every time he spouts hate on stage and calls his cultists to act against immigrants and muslims and the LGBTQ community. In the case of these shootings, the republicans are all out there now blaming VIDEO GAMES.

Video games are not gun policy. Video games are republican deflection to protect and defend those who are stuffing republican pockets full of cash like the NRA. Talking about video games does absolutely NOTHING to address the real issue which is GUNS.

All of which continues to inspire and call to action those who've been radicalized by Tяump's rhetoric of hate, racism, bigotry, and division. And it's not going to stop anytime soon. Because republican.

No ideology, not left or right, Rep/Dem will halt the moral decay, racial, gender and economic divides of our country because these are byproducts of polarization, of right vs. left. There is no winning, no lasting solutions, no real compromise, no real evolution or change as we continue to trust actors and ideology to solve issues. Actors cannot not help us, nor can any idelogy as long as we believe in these as solutions our decay will continue as we battle back and forth and swing the pendulum this way and that. Thru history great empires collapse and decay from the inside in this way far more often than from invasion or war. I'm sure the citizens of these empires never imagined their demise, never saw it coming, though they won the battle.

I think we are a society that likes guns. We cant say we want gun control when we watch movies with so much voilence. Guns are in our music, movies , and video games. Gran theft Auto is one of the most popular games ever. I do believe that these do play a role. A lot of these killings are being done by young white kids. Only one that wasnt was the Las Vegas shooter i believe. These kids were raised by video games. There is a lot of violent games in the internet. Not so long ago i saw my nephew playing a game where they torture a person. I forgot the name of it. But these games do poison the mind. Deadpool and Gran theft Auto, John Wick do poison the mind.

Ummmmm, Texas Chainsaw Massacre is still a box office hit. Stupidest movie ever created "Hobbs and Shaw" is digitized violence is it not?

Can't blame the kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT