ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Khalid

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
So what do yall think of him?? He nows has 3 songs playing on the radio. Are you getting tired or are you liking?

I think a lot of his songs sound the same. I compare him to The Weekend. When i first heard the weekend i was like cool he sounds different. But now the weekend is getting boring. It would be cool if At the Drive in and Khalid did a song together.

So what do yall think of him?? He nows has 3 songs playing on the radio. Are you getting tired or are you liking?

I think a lot of his songs sound the same. I compare him to The Weekend. When i first heard the weekend i was like cool he sounds different. But now the weekend is getting boring. It would be cool if At the Drive in and Khalid did a song together.

Very talented. Music is different. Sounds good. But as far as new music I'd much rather listen to Volbeat. I prefer mine loud and heavy.

DkcqajWVAAAe1F0

His music is not in my wheelhouse but I respect the fact that he’s successful and he is constantly repping El Paso, just like Aaron Jones.

Last edited:
Reactions: MistaBinks

Khalid and ATDI? That would be like Metallica and miley cyrus doing a song together. Not gonna happen, nor should it...

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Khalid and ATDI? That would be like Metallica and miley cyrus doing a song together. Not gonna happen, nor should it...

No it wouldnt. Khalid is way better he has talent. I think his voice would go well with ATDI. They both from El Paso and it would be cool.

No it wouldnt. Khalid is way better he has talent. I think his voice would go well with ATDI. They both from El Paso and it would be cool.

Regardless of khalids talent in comparison to miley cyrus, that combo would be horrible.

As a fan of ATDI, and music in general, I'm somehow insulted by the mere suggestion...

Reactions: minermx07
Regardless of khalids talent in comparison to miley cyrus, that combo would be horrible.

As a fan of ATDI, and music in general, I'm somehow insulted by the mere suggestion...

All rock bands have done a collab with pop stars. Usually it happens if they are on the same label. Metallica has done a song with Lady Gaga. So no matter how hardcore the metal/ rock bands are they all have sold out.

While ATDI may not be your cup of tea they are regarded as one of the most influential post-punk bands of all time. A band that people were clamoring for 10 years after they split. A band that will always have an audience. Omar Rodriguez Lopez is considered one of the best guitarists of the 21st century.

So, a more accurate statement would be you like Khalid more, which is cool, he also is very talented.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Regarding Khalid though. He and his family are amazing people. Last year Khalid's family heard from friends of friends of Principals and Teachers spending hundreds of dollars on backpacks and school supplies for kids. Without anyone asking, they graciously donated thousands of their own dollars. It was an amazingly kind gesture.

Reactions: develman
While ATDI may not be your cup of tea they are regarded as one of the most influential post-punk bands of all time. A band that people were clamoring for 10 years after they split. A band that will always have an audience. Omar Rodriguez Lopez is considered one of the best guitarists of the 21st century.

So, a more accurate statement would be you like Khalid more, which is cool, he also is very talented.
I never met Omar, but I went to high school with Jim and Cedric. No disrespect, but it sounds funny to me when you say they are regarded as one of the most influential punk bands of all time. I don't doubt that you are correct. My wife's little brother feels the same way. I guess its different when you knew people prior to them 'making it big'.

I like both of them because they rep El Paso. Anyone thats from El paso thats trying to make it big i support. Im just saying next time khalid does a concert in El paso i think it would be cool if they did a song together. Whats so wrong with a couple of El Pasoans doing a song?? Im actually kind of getting tired of Khalid he is on Radio alot.

Never heard of ATDI, I left El Paso in 1995. I found them on youtube, I will give them a listen.

I never met Omar, but I went to high school with Jim and Cedric. No disrespect, but it sounds funny to me when you say they are regarded as one of the most influential punk bands of all time. I don't doubt that you are correct. My wife's little brother feels the same way. I guess its different when you knew people prior to them 'making it big'.

We used to run with those guys and a bunch of local bands like Airplanes are Better, subrosa, n cyde, etc.

ATDI def became a very influential post punk band, in a lowkey sorta way. Many credit them with starting the so-called emocore/emo punk movement, even though none of the bands that followed sounded anything like them.

I remember Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots saying they revived his faith in rock in an interview

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT