ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Six degrees of separation...maybe less

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
My son went to a HS football coaching convention in Houston last weekend in a no-holds-barred attempt to land his first teaching/coaching job.

While interviewing with a HC from a small Cen-Tex town, a coach at the next booth overheard some of the interview process. Apparently he liked what he heard and when done with the first interview, asked my son if he’d like to interview for a position on his staff. My son did, was offered the position upon completing the interview and accepted it the following morning.

I did a little research on the coach, as interested fathers might do, and it so happens that he is a graduate of UTEP from 2000. Apparently, from what my son said, he is still a pretty rabid Miner fan to this day. Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool and worth passing along.

My son went to a HS football coaching convention in Houston last weekend in a no-holds-barred attempt to land his first teaching/coaching job.

While interviewing with a HC from a small Cen-Tex town, a coach at the next booth overheard some of the interview process. Apparently he liked what he heard and when done with the first interview, asked my son if he’d like to interview for a position on his staff. My son did, was offered the position upon completing the interview and accepted it the following morning.

I did a little research on the coach, as interested fathers might do, and it so happens that he is a graduate of UTEP from 2000. Apparently, from what my son said, he is still a pretty rabid Miner fan to this day. Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool and worth passing along.
Congrats to both of you.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT