ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Jurists

TenaciousD

Rookie
Jun 28, 2001
El Paso, TX
If I buy season tickets based on seeing Southern Miss, Old Dominion and Marshall on the schedule (any combination of the 3) and then those schools leave the conference not following by-laws, , do I have recourse as a class-action against said schools for breach? I may not have bought tickets otherwise, if we play Mary Hardin-Baylor instead of Southern Miss the season tickets are not as valuable If all remaining fans and at each school enjoin, would think that adds up.

Food for thought.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
For us only of those is at home and it's most likely going to get replaced by a better team.

Imagine being excited to join the Sun Belt.
Times have changed from the days of the lowly belt. Now it is kind of exciting compared to CUSA. It's a tight geographic fit, they play on ESPN, and the payout is rumored to be much higher than CUSA.

Reactions: Lil_Train
IMO-class action would not be the way to go for a couple of reasons- time likely could not be settled in court with in the time frame and if UTEP did replace the home game with another opponent you would have to prove this harmed you as a ticket holder (you live for that huge matchup with Southern Miss). Season Tickets are not viewed as contracts per say and your agreement is with UTEP athletics and not with the team who skips out. UTEP could have a case here as all games require a guarantee and if UTEP had to pay more to replace the game they could show they were harmed by the actions of the schools who skipped out. Not sure why the 3 are wanting out so early, could be TV contracts etc. Seems like a bone head move to me, they will if give up rights to receive any CUSA cash and won't collect any from the SB, not the best move for cash strapped programs. CUSA's contacts with schools is reasonable and I don't think this will get messy unless the 3 schools decide make it into one.

I just can't deal with this incompetence
The entire schedule is going to have to be blown up. CUSA will most likely get rid of divisions. If we keep the same teams and only have to replace those two games then imo I see us getting FIU on the road and either WKU/MTSU at home. I would prefer either of those three teams so we can start building the history and rivalries of CUSA 4.0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT