ADVERTISEMENT

Reverse layups

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
I lost track of the number of reverse layups their much smaller DII players completed against our big guys underneath.

Let's hope our inside players learn how to make adjustments.

On the other hand, our guard play looks promising. Artis does appear to be a person who will make things happen.

Our defense needs some work. Their guards drove to the basket and finished way too much.

A lot of small school ball looks like what we saw, they play traffic and screen and they always go to the basket (not many 6-10 athletic players or shot blockers in div 2 or NAIA). Our D needs work but I don't think we will see much of that kind of game at the D1 level much this year. I am concerned about our rebounding because we don't seem to get many clean rebounds. If we can't get clean rebounds we can't use our speed or push the action.

Reactions: unihorn
I lost track of the number of reverse layups their much smaller DII players completed against our big guys underneath.

Let's hope our inside players learn how to make adjustments.

On the other hand, our guard play looks promising. Artis does appear to be a person who will make things happen.
Good observation, they used the rim to shield off our shot blockers since they were smaller, to make a lot of those reverse lay ups. The Miners should have adjusted by sending players to the other side of the rim to help defend.

Floyd said they've been poor at defending the "screen and roll."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT