ADVERTISEMENT

So Kugler Supporters: How Much Longer Should He Get?

El Paso Chihuahuas

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2014
El Paso, TX, USA
At the beginning I wasn't a Kugler supporter, but was impressed he took UTEP to a bowl game last year and had high hopes coming into this season. This year is just awful. Kugler said he would turn around UTEP in 3 years or else he would resign.

As the old saying goes money talks. Football is the cash cow. Stull fired Nord because attendance dropped to 20,000 a game. This year we looking at 20,000 again. Next year we have seven home games which is a risky proposistion finacially. We dont have any big draws, Army is not the draw people think they are. To get people excited to buy tickets we need something new to market, a new head coach. Stull understands money thats why Kugler is gone.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Theres a large Army base but very few have ties to West Point. Most of the soldiers root for their home universities. Enlisted men arent goint to show up to root for their future commanding officers.

At the very least we need a new OC AND a new offensive philosophy which incorporates a more balanced approach. It wouldn't do UTEP any good if a new OC is mandated to run Kugler's failed offense. Hands off the offense Kugler, it's a disaster!!!! I would even consider ditching the DC as the defense is almost as bad as the offense. Very little is going right in Miner Football Land. I feel like I'm in a time warp and David Lee is our coach.

As the old saying goes money talks. Football is the cash cow. Stull fired Nord because attendance dropped to 20,000 a game. This year we looking at 20,000 again. Next year we have seven home games which is a risky proposistion finacially. We dont have any big draws, Army is not the draw people think they are. To get people excited to buy tickets we need something new to market, a new head coach. Stull understands money thats why Kugler is gone.
Any competent athletic director would be thinking this but not Stull. Kugler is Stulls friend. Still is going to give some soft excuse saying that with our injuries this year, not even Bill Bilichick would have done better. Still will give Kugler at least 2 more years. Watching paint dry is more exciting than watching a Kugler and Higgins offense and our attendance is going to plummet every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT