ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Miss @ UTEP Game Thread

Let's get on with the season and leave the drama behind.
UTEP 75
Shiny Birds 65
Ha, I win. I'll expect a shot of tequila from each of you at a game of my choosing...(I'll buy the nachos). So that's 32 shots from our usual contributors and 24 shots from Bob.

Win or lose, someone needs to ask Terry straight out why this offense has not improved or found an identity in January?
You are correct. Someone needs to ask, but it won't be Teicher, so who? Been waiting and waiting for something to happen but still stagnant

Let's get on with the season and leave the drama behind.
UTEP 75
Shiny Birds 65
Ha, I win. I'll expect a shot of tequila from each of you at a game of my choosing...(I'll buy the nachos). So that's 32 shots from our usual contributors and 24 shots from Bob.
Congrats Round. About time you won something.

Anybody else notice they didn't have the player's names on the scoreboard? I just don't know about coach Terry, the offense is so boring to watch. No offense is run, it's just screens around the 3 point line. We break the press and have numbers and we don't attack the basket. When we play uptempo is when this team is at its best. They played uptempo against Hawaii in the first half and looked the best I had seen them all season but then they went back to boring bball in the 2nd half of that game. When we played uptempo tonight is when we pulled away. Vila played a little better tonight, but still no way he should be getting that many minutes. Why did Stroud only play 3 minutes? I don't understand this

Last edited:
Anybody else notice they didn't have the player's names on the scoreboard? I just don't know about coach Terry, the offense is so boring to watch. No offense is run, it's just screens around the 3 point line. We break the press and have numbers and we don't attack the basket. When we play uptempo is when this team is at its best. They played uptempo against Hawaii in the first half and looked the best I had seen them all season but then they went back to boring bball in the 2nd half of that game. When we played uptempo tonight is when we pulled away. Vila played a little better tonight, but still no way he should be getting that many minutes. Why did Stroud only play 3 minutes? I don't understand this
I understand. This is Coach Terry's team, not the armchair fan that has no inside info as to why players play the minutes they play. Enjoy the growth. It's going to take time. It's not the miracle turn around you thought this would be.

Same old questions and no answers

Miracle turn around? You play your best players and create an offense for them to utilize their talents and hopefully you can win some games that you've been losing.
Their offense is non- existent. It's stagnant. It's boring for the players and the fans. Pass the ball ten times and if you can't find BW, just shoot a wild three at the buzzer.
No miracle required.

I understand. This is Coach Terry's team, not the armchair fan that has no inside info as to why players play the minutes they play. Enjoy the growth. It's going to take time. It's not the miracle turn around you thought this would be.
My post wasn't really concerning the minutes of play, that was just an after thought and my frustration. My post was mostly focused on the style of play with regards to our player's strengths and abilities.

I really felt better about the rotations last night, with the exception of Vila. While I think Vila played better than he has been playing, still...
But why the hell didn't Tydus play at all? Did he miss a class or something? Is Tarke hurt? Heard he didn't practice all week and was in sweats.
Stoud slams down that awesome dunk only to be pulled and never come back in....WTF?
I'm starting to get annoyed with Efe and his whining. 2nd tech this year, no? Shut up and play.
Honestly, I was pissed UTEP hired Terry. More so than hiring Dimel. I let social media convince me I was wrong....Now I wonder if I was right after all. Me thinks he sucks.

good lord man he is in his second year... and we have 10 wins and have a chance at 20...

You guys are all talking about offense but it doesn’t matter what offense you run if you can’t make shots.. the miners should attack the basket more YES, however if I was playing them I would just pack the paint and set up for some charges and bricklaying from the outside

Reactions: picks up
I really felt better about the rotations last night, with the exception of Vila. While I think Vila played better than he has been playing, still...
But why the hell didn't Tydus play at all? Did he miss a class or something? Is Tarke hurt? Heard he didn't practice all week and was in sweats.
Stoud slams down that awesome dunk only to be pulled and never come back in....WTF?
I'm starting to get annoyed with Efe and his whining. 2nd tech this year, no? Shut up and play.
Honestly, I was pissed UTEP hired Terry. More so than hiring Dimel. I let social media convince me I was wrong....Now I wonder if I was right after all. Me thinks he sucks.
What the Hell on Terry's resume that he's done showed he was a worse hire than Dimel? Please back up that ignorant statement that has no basis and is purely based on your empty reasonless opinion?

You had valid points up until this. Dismel is the worst hire ever, by any school in recent memory. The jury is still out on Terry. I don’t think anyone is happy with his career here so far, but it’s still early. This team has the potential of being a top tier CUSA team this year. If a couple of players leave after the season and we start sucking again next year, then we can talk about him being trash.

Why don’t you look at how Chris Ogden is doing at UTA? He was a coach many of us wanted here.

Props to Vila for posting a 6/11/2 line with one turnover. Let's trade the 3-point attempts for some rim defense/blocks.

Williams and Boum AWESOME at the line!

Stroud with 3 points in 3 minutes? I believe he scores the most points per minute on this team. More minutes and more def defying dunks please.

Tydus doesn't play? And Tarke injured. Were we informed?

Hawkins isn't taking advantage of his opportunity because he is hesitating.

If I'm Terry I'm yelling attack, attack, attack until I'm blue in the face (no pun intended).

You had valid points up until this. Dismel is the worst hire ever, by any school in recent memory. The jury is still out on Terry. I don’t think anyone is happy with his career here so far, but it’s still early. This team has the potential of being a top tier CUSA team this year. If a couple of players leave after the season and we start sucking again next year, then we can talk about him being trash.

Why don’t you look at how Chris Ogden is doing at UTA? He was a coach many of us wanted here.
Terry is going to be what he is. A .500 coach. Just because we hyped him up as the next coach of Texas and he fails to meet those ridiculous expectations doesn’t me he sucks either.

If he’s ever going to win cusa it’s gotta be now. He has the talent and the conference is wide open.

Every post you make on here is a complaint about other people's post. Can you talk about the game(s) instead of the posters on here for once? We, armchair coaches, can and will continue to question things all we want.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Terry is going to be what he is. A .500 coach. Just because we hyped him up as the next coach of Texas and he fails to meet those ridiculous expectations doesn’t me he sucks either.

If he’s ever going to win cusa it’s gotta be now. He has the talent and the conference is wide open.

While his career record is .500ish, that has a lot to do with his first seasons at UTEP and Fresno. I don’t think he is a .500 coach. He made the CBI finals, NCAAs, and NIT. Floyd didn’t have that kind of success here.

I am not happy with the way this season has gone so far, but let’s see how the rest of this season goes. The pressure will really be on him next year, especially if he has some departures.

Yes I kinda worry when they run there offense. Kinda stagnant. I’ve watched Texas tech offense and it allows the guy doing the screen to cut to the basket. Which means someone has to come into the paint and help out and leaves the outside man open. They do a good job cutting to the basket

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT