ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl renovations

I think we will all be able to have a better opinion of how The Sun Bowl come Saturday. This is a positive step forward for the university and the Football program.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
What the?
I have always been a big fan of players coming out of south with American flag given Fort Bliss is a major military installation. But I understand being up close to the fans and kids, kids especially. I got up close to the Miner basketball players in late 70's and I was hooked from there.

What the?
I have always been a big fan of players coming out of south with American flag given Fort Bliss is a major military installation. But I understand being up close to the fans and kids, kids especially. I got up close to the Miner basketball players in late 70's and I was hooked from there.

It's no different from the Mine Shaft with Price (upgraded of course). Coming out from the South tunnel, to be, was just meh.

I'm glad they're bringing it back, and, I can't wait to see it like in the Price era.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
If I remember correctly, didn't the players come out the South tunnel with somebody riding a motorcycle (I think it was when Nord was coach)? I liked that, but I always loved the Mine Shaft. I am glad they are bringing it back.

If I remember correctly, didn't the players come out the South tunnel with somebody riding a motorcycle (I think it was when Nord was coach)? I liked that, but I always loved the Mine Shaft. I am glad they are bringing it back.

That’s as Nord’s teams that came out with the Harley Davidson’s. If anything I wish they would bring back the cannon on top of the mountain.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
What the?

The new pregame is much more collegiate and UTEP oriented. The military tribute intro is gone.

That was nice to put Stull up on the concourse. Classy thing to do Senter. Stull left some memories at UTEP and El Paso. Now what kind of memories I will leave it to you all for interpretation.

Looking at those photos online, I have to say impressed. I love the fact they have photos great players of the past.

Okay, you eliminate the third-down toll, and I will do something about the incessant chanting disguised a "music."

Deal?

Question for the Athletic Council members or whoever, what is going on in the east side of the stadium? I noticed that there is work being done by the old Iron Mine, possibly even elevator shafts.

It turns out that they were more bathrooms built for families. I still think that @JimSenter2 @UTEPATHLETICS needs to upgrade the lighting system not just for the fans, for the people at home as well.

The Chihuahuas have understood this for five years.

It turns out that they were more bathrooms built for families. I still think that @JimSenter2 @UTEPATHLETICS needs to upgrade the lighting system not just for the fans, for the people at home as well.

The Chihuahuas have understood this for five years.
Bob Moore is one to talk.

Winning is the best game day experience. Chihuahua's have a nice game day experience, stadium and the kicker.....they win games.

Dimel didn't make the mess. He will try to fix it I believe. It's going to be a two win year at best because the O line and D line appear to be unimproved and that will take two recruiting cycles at least to fix.

Kug, thanks for the for dumpster fire you hypocrite. I bet Mike Price's o.j., bran muffin and bagel with blueberry cream cheese breakfast had a sweeter taste to it on Sunday morning.

Reactions: Minerforlife
Bob Moore is one to talk.

Winning is the best game day experience. Chihuahua's have a nice game day experience, stadium and the kicker.....they win games.

Most fans don't go to Minor League games because the team is winning. They come for the promotions and the game day experience. It doesn't matter if the Chihuahuas were in first or last place. Their attendance would be about the game.

U. of North Texas and UTSA are looking to build indoor practice facilities.
https://lightthetower.com
Taylor Eighmy, president of the University of Texas at San Antonio, surprised UTSA fans this week when he announced on a radio show that the school would be building an indoor practice facility for its football program. On the show, Eighmy said the facility will be 110,000 square feet once built, and feature locker rooms, weight rooms, training space, a recovery lounge, dining areas and classrooms. Groundbreaking could take place next fall. — underdogdynasty.com
Even if the RACE facility isn’t as swanky as Kansas State’s, just the functional aspect alone will put UTSA near the top of the facilities arms race in Conference USA. The Roadrunners will join Houston, SMU, and UNT as Texas G5 programs with indoor practice facilities.
CC:mad:UTEPAthletics @JimSenter2

U. of North Texas and UTSA are looking to build indoor practice facilities.
https://lightthetower.com
Taylor Eighmy, president of the University of Texas at San Antonio, surprised UTSA fans this week when he announced on a radio show that the school would be building an indoor practice facility for its football program. On the show, Eighmy said the facility will be 110,000 square feet once built, and feature locker rooms, weight rooms, training space, a recovery lounge, dining areas and classrooms. Groundbreaking could take place next fall. — underdogdynasty.com
Even if the RACE facility isn’t as swanky as Kansas State’s, just the functional aspect alone will put UTSA near the top of the facilities arms race in Conference USA. The Roadrunners will join Houston, SMU, and UNT as Texas G5 programs with indoor practice facilities.
CC:mad:UTEPAthletics @JimSenter2
UTSA stated last week they are offering football players immediate entry to the NASA program once they burn up their eligibility at UTSA. Those former players will be offered one moon rock and a copy of "Apollo: The Race to the Moon" by Charles Murray and Catherine Bly Cox.

Music is on wayyyyy toooo loud befire the game m maybe the empty seats make everything louder

"UTSA, the ODU of Texas mid major football. Our excrement may smell, but ours makes a better bloom"

Reactions: NY/NJminer
Music is on wayyyyy toooo loud befire the game m maybe the empty seats make everything louder

That and the delay from the wireless mic does no favors. They national anthem always sounds off. But that guy who sang today killed it though.

I have mentioned this and tweeted this before and I know other have as well and it fell on deaf ears. Senter is very arrogant and doesn't like listening to suggestions.

Why would he listen to you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT