ADVERTISEMENT

Terry on Sportstalk

Ok cool. Much better to have a guy with less than 5k followers praise your school than Bilas and his 1.9 million followers.

Jay Bilas probably doesn't even know we hired a head coach, much less assistants. Folks that cover mid majors are a better judge than clowns that ONLY follow P5 schools.

Ok cool. Much better to have a guy with less than 5k followers praise your school than Bilas and his 1.9 million followers.
You and bob are obsessed with Twitter followers. I guess someone’s opinion with 48 followers is more important than someone with 5k huh STC?

I have a Twitter? I only go by ShovelMan66. It’s obvious that STC is not concerned with twitter followers as he has a private profile.

Is STC a valid source on the national scene? Does ESPN follow his tweets and retweet them? How often does he tweet?

I have a Twitter? I only go by ShovelMan66. It’s obvious that STC is not concerned with twitter followers as he has a private profile.

Is STC a valid source on the national scene? Does ESPN follow his tweets and retweet them? How often does he tweet?
You just gave yourself away. Lol. Anyway I’m done derailing this thread.

A) Gilyard is coming back. This is huge.
B) We don't know the details of the case for Smith. Insufficient evidence I guess? Whatever the case, D1 coaches and their staff need to be aware that they are public figures. You paid your dues to get to the D1 level and earn that pay and benefits, why mess it up? I know acquaintances and family who pull questionable stuff when they got to the college level and it baffles me why they would throw away such an opportunity? But if you get another chance, grab it.
C) Terry doesn't show his hand. We need to get used to it. It could be a good thing and a not so good thing. $750,000 is nothing to sneeze at even if it is not p5 program money. Just win and/or contend for some conference championships here at UTEP and the goal is to get to the dance.

"HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) -

Former Petal standout Tirus Smith has announced that he will transfer from the University of Texas at El Paso.

The 6-foot-9 forward averaged 4.4 points and 3.1 rebounds per game in 13.6 minutes per game. Smith played in 24 games, starting seven.

This news comes not long after the Miners announced the hiring of Rodney Terry as head coach. Smith was a Tim Floyd recruit (the Hattiesburg native retired in November). One possible destination for Smith is Jones County Junior College."

http://www.wbrc.com/story/37936531/former-petal-standout-smith-transferring-from-utep

Shovel you could win 250 million lottery and be upset it wasn’t 500 million.
Take a chill pill and enjoy life with a positive outlook.

Just because you’re not guilty or not charged, doesn’t mean the boosters and administrators feel that way. Bad look for the university.
Its not a bad look for the University. The guy was not charged with anything. These type of hirings happen all the time in college sports. Jans up at NMSU was fired at Bowling Green because there was a video of him being lewd and inappropriate towards women at a bar.

Its not a bad look for the University. The guy was not charged with anything. These type of hirings happen all the time in college sports. Jans up at NMSU was fired at Bowling Green because there was a video of him being lewd and inappropriate towards women at a bar.

It was a bad look for USD and that’s why he’s not their head coach anymore. Do you think a coach who improved every year and was headed into his 4th year would voluntarily leave that job to be an assistant here? No way. He still would be their coach had that incident not happened.

It’s UTEPs gain, but USD wanted no part of it.

If NMSU hired Lamont or gave a rapist a scholarship, we would hear all about how crappy they are etc. However, when UTEP does it, totally fine.
Im not a UTEP homer but you can say the same for every fan base of any team. When it happens to them its ok but when another team does it is the worst thing in the world. NMSU talked all kinds of crap when we hired Price and what happened at Alabama, but didn't say a word when they hired Jans. After the Yankees and Red Sox brawl last night, according to every Yankee die hard fan, Austin's slide into 2nd wasn't intentional. But according to every die hard Red Sox fan, the slide was the dirtiest slide they have every seen.

Never met Twitch, but like listening. From what I’ve read he needs to be humbled. Maybe a stern talking to from grandma Nat.
On the other he needs to replace His co-announcers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT