ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech Exhibition

Great idea:

Miner men's basketball team will battle 2019 national runner-up Texas Tech in an exhibition game at the Don Haskins Center on Oct. 12 (7 p.m.), with all proceeds being donated to a local non-profit supporting the victims of the Aug. 3 tragedy.

It's an exhibition game, so it won't count.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Miner Donkey
In the old days; official practice started around Oct 15. With an exhibition on Oct 12, when does practice start this year?

My son, his wife and their daughter are all out-of-control Techsters. We have a wager on whether or not UTEP can keep it within
ten points. We should learn a lot about our guys from this game. They beat us by over 20 last year.

Anything can happen, but on paper this is the most talented team we've ever had and expectations are for another deep tourney run. Knowing Beard he'll treat this game like a March game, at least the first half.
Agreed. Should be a great exhibition game for both teams and fans. Great for the EP strong too.

On paper, UTEP's ability to match up and keep up will be WAY better than last season. We will have more players, size, rebounding, shot blocking, scoring and finishing. This team is deeper and a lot more experienced. Most importantly though, we should also be able to defend at a much higher level too. Plus if the Don sells out the atmosphere will be tremendous and UTEP may have a slight advantage.
;)

Tech has a tremendous basketball coach and program right now. I'm sure CRT and most of our fan base would say the same.

My son, his wife and their daughter are all out-of-control Techsters. We have a wager on whether or not UTEP can keep it within
ten points. We should learn a lot about our guys from this game. They beat us by over 20 last year.
If your over sixty, never mind. I'll take the "F" as a badge of honor.

Dude? Seriously? And I'll bet your sorry ass will be "When does basketball start by mid September?"
I get what you’re saying. Worst case scenario even if we lose to utsa we should be sitting at 1-4. That is not the time to jump off the bandwagon. Our schedule has a few winnable games on the back end.

I get what you’re saying. Worst case scenario even if we lose to utsa we should be sitting at 1-4. That is not the time to jump off the bandwagon. Our schedule has a few winnable games on the back end.

Basketball doesnt really start till March. Hopefully football can carry us into the new year.

If your over sixty, never mind. I'll take the "F" as a badge of honor.
I asked a simple question based on the history of the starting date of official basketball practice and made a comment about the Tech game. Your responses were wisenheimer and smart ass for some reason. What did I do to earn your wrath?

Look, it happens every year, this time of year. Season is ready to kick off, anticipation builds, UTEP honchos/coaches ask supporters to "spread love, peace and harmony" for the upcoming season at home, at church, on social media and at the watering holes. One of my greatest possessions' I own is my degree from UTEP; I worked for it. However, in past years I drank the cool aid and under Price I gulped it by the gallon and he turned out to be a bust (but a great ambassador for UTEP). I berated sports writers and columnist on this forum and a few times on local radio. After I literally saw and read and heard how UTEP treated regular Joe ticket holders and fans and listened to Floyd and Kugler practically insult fans and supporters all the while they couldn't even finish in the top three in the division or totally collapsed come March, I told myself no more. I love UTEP and I support them, but I will not drink the cool aid. Senter, Dimel and Terry are all smiles on social media and in public and rightly so. Terry was at a major fund raiser in California with Tim Hardaway for cancer research last Saturday; fantastic and kudos.......now win some f'en games.

Can't biatch about the facilities any more, UTEP has that now (yes I know they do not have an indoor football practice facility but most p5 programs don't). Can't biatch about "we're just a commuter school"! Natalicio took care of that after twenty five years of getting thrown under the bus by professors, local and state leaders and made UTEP a Tier 1 school. Got no fan support? B to the S. Football still gets at least, on paper for the NCAA records, 10K to 15K in the seats. CRT specifically stated he came to UTEP because of the basketball support.He told Fresno he took them as far as they could go.....wow! You won the recruiting battle, now go get a conference title and shut NMSU the hell up!

However, until UTEP can get that NMSU taste out of my mouth, I am not buying. I will buy tickets, but I'm not buying the "abrazos & besos". Win and start winning now. Stuff like this on social media does not work as of this point in time:

Sorry Corona, your a well meaning supporter, booster and a good person. 1liner can kiss my butt.

Last edited:
Look, it happens every year, this time of year. Season is ready to kick off, anticipation builds, UTEP honchos/coaches ask supporters to "spread love, peace and harmony" for the upcoming season at home, at church, on social media and at the watering holes. One of my greatest possessions' I own is my degree from UTEP; I worked for it. However, in past years I drank the cool aid and under Price I gulped it by the gallon and he turned out to be a bust (but a great ambassador for UTEP). I berated sports writers and columnist on this forum and a few times on local radio. After I literally saw and read and heard how UTEP treated regular Joe ticket holders and fans and listened to Floyd and Kugler practically insult fans and supporters all the while they couldn't even finish in the top three in the division or totally collapsed come March, I told myself no more. I love UTEP and I support them, but I will not drink the cool aid. Senter, Dimel and Terry are all smiles on social media and in public and rightly so. Terry was at a major fund raiser in California with Tim Hardaway for cancer research last Saturday; fantastic and kudos.......now win some f'en games.

Can't biatch about the facilities any more, UTEP has that now (yes I know they do not have an indoor football practice facility but most p5 programs don't). Can't biatch about "we're just a commuter school"! Natalicio took care of that after twenty five years of getting thrown under the bus by professors, local and state leaders and made UTEP a Tier 1 school. Got no fan support? B to the S. Football still gets at least, on paper for the NCAA records, 10K to 15K in the seats. CRT specifically stated he came to UTEP because of the basketball support.He told Fresno he took them as far as they could go.....wow! You won the recruiting battle, now go get a conference title and shut NMSU the hell up!

However, until UTEP can get that NMSU taste out of my mouth, I am not buying. I will buy tickets, but I'm not buying the "abrazos & besos". Win and start winning now. Stuff like this on social media does not work as of this point in time:

Sorry Corona, your a well meaning supporter, booster and a good person. 1liner can kiss my butt.

Dude, TF? miner1liner is a solid dude. I've met him. Haven't met you, but based on posts.....

Go have a few shots and relax...(advice I OFTEN give myself)

Reactions: Minerforlife
Dude, TF? miner1liner is a solid dude. I've met him. Haven't met you, but based on posts.....

I've never met 1Liner but agree that he's a pretty solid dude.

I think everyone on here is solid. This is my sanctuary to come express and read opinions on UTEP, El Paso, and other general common interests.

I've never met 1Liner but agree that he's a pretty solid dude.

By the way, I also think 2Step is pretty solid and I've never met him either. He may be more colorful than 1Liner but I find them both to be devoted Miners fans and sensible people who's views on all things I'm happy to read, consider, and debate.

Thanks '66 for your post. I'm embarrassed to say tho that I don't recall our meeting, but it might be that I don't recognize your handle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT