ADVERTISEMENT

the Rise of Miner Nation

Axe-cuseme

Four-star recruit
Nov 22, 2017
Former Kansas State DE C.J. Reese announces he will transfer to UTEP, as per Miner Rush. Coaches starting to put the pieces together for the upcoming campaign. PICKS UP !!!

Reactions: Cube Jack
Awesome. I like his size and the fact that he graduated early. I don't think he played much at KSU, but he was a 3 star recruit, and he has 3 years experience in the coaches system.

Reactions: Axe-cuseme
Awesome. I like his size and the fact that he graduated early. I don't think he played much at KSU, but he was a 3 star recruit, and he has 3 years experience in the coaches system.
He is a start at least. Not real big at 6'1 260lbs but the other things you mention are good attributes.

Honestly, not much jumps out about him, except that he was a 3 star recruit 4 years ago. As a comparison, UTEP already has 9 defensive linemen on our roster that are bigger than 6’1” 260 and all 9 of them also have more career tackles than Reese.

I guess the biggest positive is that obviously Dimel knows him well, so the hope is that Dimel wouldn’t be bringing him here unless he thought he could help us. So welcome aboard, I hope it works out.

I want to see why this kid has. Given he couldn’t get on the field but I have to think he is an upgrade.

I'm happy it's someone with experience. Our team is so in the gutter, we need anyone who has played for anyone who isn't us. Besides bench-warmer in the Big 12 probably equals starter for us.

Plus knowing Dimmel the The D-Coordinator he’s going to have a leg up on everyone else. Hes going to know what’s expected on and off the field, and he’s going to probably know the defense so that’s one less thing to worry about. What’s not to like about this pickup.

How miserable are your lives that you have to take a dump on everyone's comments, posts, and just be an A - hole for the sake of saying something??? As usual, If it does not apply to you... if it does, go ahead and answer.

Reactions: miner1liner
He was kind of a "tweener" at KSU. We recruited him at a fairly light weight and he simply never got that big. I think he left the team a year ago and came back this last year. Hope it works out for UTEP and Reese.

Keep your eye out for other KSU transfers...

Last edited:
It seems to me that K-State has success with JuCo transfers. At some point soon UTEP must look at that option.

Dimel’s son would be a good addition to this team. UTEP needs some JC or transfer players who can make a quick impact. A good QB, receivers,all purpose back and defensive linemen come to mind. I know Dimel talked about building it with HS players, but as stated before, Kansas State built a winning program with JC players.

Our WRs are pretty sad right now, we need at least two tall immediate impact receiver's. Kugler didn't recruit height or good speed at receiver. He was so insisting on run first he didn't bring in talented wide outs.

Our WRs are pretty sad right now, we need at least two tall immediate impact receiver's. Kugler didn't recruit height or good speed at receiver. He was so insisting on run first he didn't bring in talented wide outs.
And he recruited good hands?

clean the house....

I would not feel comfortable with any of our current wideouts being the “go to guy” going forward. The only position that was recruited worse was kicker.

Reactions: El Paso 777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT