ADVERTISEMENT

UNM Game

Maximus Miner

Rookie
Jul 1, 2005
Just checked Ticketmaster and there are tons and tons of seats still available. You think an 4-0 Lobos team would generate a lot of buzz but it seems we won’t even pass the attendance numbers for the NMSU game. They could have done some kind of special for buying the UNM tickets right after the NMU and Eastern New Mexico games and having the ticket center open late those two nights. I dunno how many they can sell between now and Tuesday night but I hope we can at least match the type of crowd we had for the Aggies.

Just checked Ticketmaster and there are tons and tons of seats still available. You think an 4-0 Lobos team would generate a lot of buzz but it seems we won’t even pass the attendance numbers for the NMSU game. They could have done some kind of special for buying the UNM tickets right after the NMU and Eastern New Mexico games and having the ticket center open late those two nights. I dunno how many they can sell between now and Tuesday night but I hope we can at least match the type of crowd we had for the Aggies.

Sounds good on paper, but I don't think they can randomly call employees at 9:15 pm and demand they report to work selling tickets.

I'm hoping for a good crowd. I imagine it'd be bigger for a weekend game, but that would probably include more travelers from Albuquerque

Sounds good on paper, but I don't think they can randomly call employees at 9:15 pm and demand they report to work selling tickets.

The ticket center is already open. All they have to do is be open a little later than normal.

It'll prob be right at 8,000. Miner fans that care k ow this game is going down and there will be a good walk up. Wish I was in town, would love to be there. It's gonna take a a bit for El Paso to come around. Just keep winning and beating two Big Rivals at home that for years have been much better than us should help!

beat the lobozos so I can dish out a fresh plate of caca to my new mexico brother.

How is UTEP promoting this game? Are there radio and TV commercials being aired? Any billboards around town showcasing the upcoming game? Does UTEP even have a marketing department anymore?

Someone on twitter mentioned that a commercial aired during the Dallas Cowboys game.
I haven't seen any kind of promotions other than UTEP athletics social media
( which at least I would say has improved since Senter's arrival)

Reactions: minerfan_14
I haven't seen any kind of promotions other than UTEP athletics social media
( which at least I would say has improved since Senter's arrival)
This.
It looks as if they’ve switched to 80-90% social media (free) vs traditional.
Also, sort of shows the demographic divide here of those asking for ads, billboards, etc vs those “ok” with social media.

How is UTEP promoting this game? Are there radio and TV commercials being aired? Any billboards around town showcasing the upcoming game? Does UTEP even have a marketing department anymore?
Social media, local TV sports, some radio.

And your point is? Dou you drink the 18 pack in 2 hours? I can go to a Locomotive or Chihuahuas game for $5. $18 is steep.

Hey, Einstein. I was responded to my buddy NWS1992. Stay in your lane.

But since you decided to jump into the pit, put on your big boy pants and buy a ticket if you want to support the program. Otherwise, take up tiddlywinks or something else that won't cost you a measley $18.

Dude, seriously. That's less than the cost of an 18-pack of Bud Light. Either you're a Miners fan or you're not. Your posts place you in the "not" column.

$18 is not a lot of money, but as I already had stated in another thread, it’s about perceived value. UTEP does not have that yet. The Lobos aren’t good and the rivalry isn’t there any more. $72 is a lot of money for a family of 4 to see the Lobos on a Tuesday night.

You can see Pine Bluff on a Saturday night for 80% less. UTEP doesn’t understand El Paso, nor do they care

Reactions: Autograph Boy
$18 is not a lot of money, but as I already had stated in another thread, it’s about perceived value. UTEP does not have that yet. The Lobos aren’t good and the rivalry isn’t there any more. $72 is a lot of money for a family of 4 to see the Lobos on a Tuesday night.

You can see Pine Bluff on a Saturday night for 80% less. UTEP doesn’t understand El Paso, nor do they care

poors

Hey, Einstein. I was responded to my buddy NWS1992. Stay in your lane.

But since you decided to jump into the pit, put on your big boy pants and buy a ticket if you want to support the program. Otherwise, take up tiddlywinks or something else that won't cost you a measley $18.

I can respond to whomever I want to.

I already have my ticket. Been going to games for many years.

What about you?

Ok, I won't argue about the cost for a family of 4. I won't assume that the average family in El Paso can afford that when you add the hot dogs, fries, and cokes.

I'm glad that you acknowledge that the $18 cost of a ticket is not outrageous. UNM *should* be a bigger draw than it appears to be but I will attribute that to this game being played on a Tuesday. If it were on Saturday I suspect the game would be much closer to a sellout.

#DefendTheDon

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

I do okay for myself. Just telling you how it is. Not everyone in EP is a total moron who blindly buy tickets. Take a look at the Sun Bowl and DHC. As well as Bernie’s game. Wow, freaking POD is the halftime show, while Bernie raises prices to show El Paso Wake Forest vs Oregon St.

People stop going when they realize they’re paying for shit. Just like they do at restaurants, bars, and retail stores.

I do okay for myself. Just telling you how it is. Not everyone in EP is a total moron who blindly buy tickets. Take a look at the Sun Bowl and DHC. As well as Bernie’s game. Wow, freaking POD is the halftime show, while Bernie raises prices to show El Paso Wake Forest vs Oregon St.

People stop going when they realize they’re paying for shit. Just like they do at restaurants, bars, and retail stores.

yawn

I can respond to whomever I want to.

I already have my ticket. Been going to games for many years.

What about you?

What about me? I haven't lived in El Paso in over 36 years. Despite that, I've chosen in the past to be a season ticket holder and donor for both football and basketball. I don't even remember having been able to use any of those tickets.

Stay. In. Your. Lane. Child.

Ok, I won't argue about the cost for a family of 4. I won't assume that the average family in El Paso can afford that when you add the hot dogs, fries, and cokes.

I'm glad that you acknowledge that the $18 cost of a ticket is not outrageous. UNM *should* be a bigger draw than it appears to be but I will attribute that to this game being played on a Tuesday. If it were on Saturday I suspect the game would be much closer to a sellout.

#DefendTheDon

The average family of 4 can afford to go, but to ask them to go on a Tuesday night to see UNM, I don’t think so. If it were on a Saturday, you would probably get a bigger crowd.

In a perfect world, there would be 10k at the game, but we’re not there yet. However, UTEP thinks they are. They put the cart before the horse. Most fans with a brain will be skeptical until they beat some good teams. NMSU is a good team, but we play them every year. If this team hung with Houston and has a good showing in Hawaii, you can get 8-9k on Saturdays. Even if it’s trash like FIU and UNT.

Just win baby!

What about me? I haven't lived in El Paso in over 36 years. Despite that, I've chosen in the past to be a season ticket holder and donor for both football and basketball. I don't even remember having been able to use any of those tickets.

Stay. In. Your. Lane. Child.

Good for you. I donate as well.

You can tell me to stay in my lane all you want. I am going to keep responding whenever I feel like it.

Already setting the stage for a narrative that can criticize...win or lose.

The women are playing at 11am and teachers and students get in free.

So skip school El Paso.

Already setting the stage for a narrative that can criticize...win or lose.

Please quantify how the Lobos are good. Which players do they have coming back from last year that were all conference? Which newcomers do they have and how have they performed? Who have they beaten? How badly did they beat them? Which top players played for those teams? Have they played away from home?

I look forward to your responses so I can know that the Lobos are a good team at this moment.

Please quantify how the Lobos are good. Which players do they have coming back from last year that were all conference? Which newcomers do they have and how have they performed? Who have they beaten? How badly did they beat them? Which top players played for those teams? Have they played away from home?

I look forward to your responses so I can know that the Lobos are a good team at this moment.
Are you asking to be a Smart Ass or you really don't know? Let's pretend your not trying to just be a Troll.... They have transfers from Majors like Kansas and Ohio St. and they are predicted to compete with Utah St. for a MTN West Title. Now all that just like UTEP's hype still has to be proven on the court of course.

Ah, see the responses for trolls have begun. So much for a good thread.

Maybe the new generation of fans don’t cling to the old WAC foes since they never experienced it? Been 20 years since they left the WAC.

UNM is averaging 93 points a game. We do have a common opponent in ENMU who they beat 92-71. Vance Jackson is a transfer from UCon, JaQuan Lyle is a transfer from Ohio St. and was the 3rd leading scorer there. JJ Caldwell is a transfer from Texas A&M, and Vante Hendrix is a transfer from Utah. Andy Katz has them as the second best team in the MWC. They are pretty good and somewhat like UTEP, but they play a totally different style of basketball.

Quantify or qualify? I can’t qualify how good, or not good they may be because I haven’t watched them play yet. Have you? I do follow cbb fairly closely and know where most prognosticators have them. I know, you’re the ultimate authority though.

I suppose there are several ways to quantify whether someone is good or not. Too small of a sample size to use W/Ls at this point, however 4 wins in 4 attempts is pretty good. I could point out that UNM hit the transfer market pretty hard and had some success according to rivals, as they have two 5 star kids, one 4 star and a few 3 star kids. But of course recruiting isn’t important...unless it’s convenient for you to say it is...then it is.

I don’t know how good they are at this point, but I’d bet the farm that you don’t know either. The difference between us. I don’t go throwing out HOW good they are, only that they’ll be a test, while you’re just sure that they suck. Which makes me further question what you think you know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT