ADVERTISEMENT

UNT at UTEP MBB: OPT etc

UNT is shooting well hitting last 9-10 and critical 3’s. UTEP needs be tough on D.

Golding should be attacking the rim and defending the rim, instead we do the opposite. SMH.

We're losers, I didn't expect a win. But as I said earlier must be nice to have 3-point shooters. That was the major difference, that and the stupid call to end the first half.

Final STATS:

TEAM STATS
i
i
FG26-4822-51
Field Goal %54.243.1
3PT10-223-15
Three Point %45.520.0
FT18-2325-32
Free Throw %78.378.1
Rebounds3028
Offensive Rebounds1013
Defensive Rebounds2015
Assists105
Steals76
Blocks14
Total Turnovers1614
Fouls2423

Another tough showing, another loss. I still disagree with the people that don't like this team. I love their hustle and effort. They are in most games because of their grit but the backcourt just isn't there offensively which is what always ends up bitting us in the butt. Golding can't strike out on guards again this recruiting cycle.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Another tough showing, another loss. I still disagree with the people that don't like this team. I love their hustle and effort. They are in most games because of their grit but the backcourt just isn't there offensively which is what always ends up bitting us in the butt. Golding can't strike out on guards again this recruiting cycle.
UTEP was up 11 with UNT reeling. This team doesn’t know how to throw KO

We keep trying to go away from our strengths. The more we are in a bind the more we do it. I'm telling you it's poor coaching. This team, same guys could be a 20 win team, even with poor 3 point shooting.

UTEP should be a lock for the CUSA Participation Champions trophy at the end of the season.
Every team in CUSA hustles and shows effort. Some teams just suck more than others and fall to the bottom of CUSA.

They were up by double digits multiple times this season. The 5 minute scoring droughts that allow opposing teams to get back in these games are mostly due to guard play in my opinion
Or due to the fact that we suck and that is why we are the 2nd worst team in CUSA.

They were up by double digits multiple times this season. The 5 minute scoring droughts that allow opposing teams to get back in these games are mostly due to guard play in my opinion
It comes down again to the differential in three point shooting. When you make only 3 three point baskets, and give up 10 that is nearly impossible to overcome. They did some good things out there, but you have to be able to make open shots...broken record. On a positive note, I really like how Onyema is playing lately, after a bit of a lull. Golding has to hold on to him, and if he does, Onyema can be one of the best big men in CUSA. That's pretty amazing for a guy who was a walk on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT