ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP basketball practice

Dec 22, 2016
So no media member gets access, UTEP held their first practice yesterday, no interviews from players, coaches, its like it never happened.

This kind of bothers me just a little bit from the fact that at least Floyd made an effort to invite the media at least once a week, there is no telling when the media gets access this year so we can hear some sort of quote even its straight coaches talk. I'm not saying Terry is already on my S*** list and I know its HIS program, but I always feel college coaches have to earn the right to turn their program into North Korea...

Thoughts?

Maybe he didn't want any interference on day 1. I wouldn't look into it too far yet. Now if it goes on all next week then that would be unusual. I think Terry will be pretty open about his team.

So no media member gets access, UTEP held their first practice yesterday, no interviews from players, coaches, its like it never happened.

This kind of bothers me just a little bit from the fact that at least Floyd made an effort to invite the media at least once a week, there is no telling when the media gets access this year so we can hear some sort of quote even its straight coaches talk. I'm not saying Terry is already on my S*** list and I know its HIS program, but I always feel college coaches have to earn the right to turn their program into North Korea...

Thoughts?
I'm surprised. It never occurred to me that Terry would hold closed practices. I figured it was a part of his profile to make everything wide open to the fans and the media as well. Like the Ax said, maybe it's just temporary.

Yea, like it’s never happened in the history of college ball. Have patience my friends.

I was being sarcastic. lol Roy (AKA "man who likes to looks at guy's legs) is the only person in El Paso who cares about whether or not there was an open practice on the first day.

You're interested in seeing teen boys play basketball? Creepy!
giphy.gif

Reactions: MistaBinks
He has 75 new kids on the team. It's the FIRST official practice where he is setting the tone for future practices. You think it's ok for the media to be there already? I think he doesn't need distractions the first few days...
Me thinks you are over reacting.....

He has 75 new kids on the team. It's the FIRST official practice where he is setting the tone for future practices. You think it's ok for the media to be there already? I think he doesn't need distractions the first few days...
Me thinks you are over reacting.....
75?? When did a basketball team get that big?

Same. not mad or bringing out pitch forks on the new staff.

RT build some legit momentum since he was hired, just thought like some of you that practice would be access city, but yeah not a big deal just wanted to gauge the room temperature about it.
If I was in EP, I would be knocking on The Don door.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT