ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football Attendance Near Bottom of CUSA

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
vE3KZtc.png

While we are doing good in sold tickets it’s not translating to actual butts in seats.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
That's an average of 9000 fans per game? I don't buy it. Most of the time they don't even scan my ticket. I just walk in. Bball does a way better job. Football is just about a free for all.

It's pretty alarming that the average actual attendance was 9,000.

This is something that Senter definitely needs to address and what he is going to do to not only have fans buy tickets, but have fans actually attend the games.

That's an average of 9000 fans per game? I don't buy it. Most of the time they don't even scan my ticket. I just walk in. Bball does a way better job. Football is just about a free for all.

You walk in through all the security? I call BS on that one. There is no way you can walk in without your ticket being scanned.

What do you mean football is "just about a free for all". They have numerous people checking bags and numerous people checking tickets. There is no way you can just walk in without your ticket scanned.

I'm a season ticket holder and I always have my tickets scanned upon entering the Sun Bowl. Unfortunately, the scanned tickets data listed in the chart above I suspect is accurate as evidenced by the a near empty Sun Bowl the last two years, especially at the end of each season.
Thanks again Natalicio and Stull.

I can’t argue with that number. I remember in 2002-2004 when we were winning 2 games a season you could get in just by showing your student ID. You didn’t even need a ticket because it was that bad

This really tells you how much Bob Stull skewed the numbers to make it sound like we are always near the top in attendance. I remember watching that UA game on TV last year and the crowd looked awful and justifiably so. But that’s over and done with, new season, new coach (thank God) now let’s get out there on Saturday.

I can’t argue with that number. I remember in 2002-2004 when we were winning 2 games a season you could get in just by showing your student ID. You didn’t even need a ticket because it was that bad

This really tells you how much Bob Stull skewed the numbers to make it sound like we are always near the top in attendance. I remember watching that UA game on TV last year and the crowd looked awful and justifiably so. But that’s over and done with, new season, new coach (thank God) now let’s get out there on Saturday.

Me too and I thought the same thing. I’ve thought the same thing when streaming bb games also. By the sparse look of the Sun Bowl/DHC the last few years, its been apparent that attendance numbers were being inflated by Stull and crew.

Me too and I thought the same thing. I’ve thought the same thing when streaming bb games also. By the sparse look of the Sun Bowl/DHC the last few years, its been apparent that attendance numbers were being inflated by Stull and crew.

And not to beat a dead horse but it really tells you how full of crap Stull and “Nana” were. They refused to admit the Athletic Dept was a complete and utter sh*t show and yet they always pointed to these inflated attendance numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT