ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football is Stingy With the Offers

UTEP's recruiting starts in December when they bring in kids for official visits, by my count, UTEP is graduating 17 or 18 scholarship players, meaning this class and the probably next class will be small, so there really isn't that many schollys to promise and plus I have a feeling we sign at least 12 or more JUCO guys, no worries, Dimel has a nearly full roster, so now its about quality and UTEP will be in the transfer marked as well. I'd rather load up on JUCO's and transfers this cycle, then go pure high school the next two classes mixed with JUCO to balance things out.

You dont want to offer just to offer and end up with kids who really dont meet the standards of D1 ball. He does need to hit every class from here on so I hope we start getting commits for the early signing. We dont want to make a rush is January and be stuck with what we have gotten the last 4 years.

You dont want to offer just to offer and end up with kids who really dont meet the standards of D1 ball. He does need to hit every class from here on so I hope we start getting commits for the early signing. We dont want to make a rush is January and be stuck with what we have gotten the last 4 years.
To piggy back on this great thought....

If Goodwin, Hankins, and any other 3-star commit from now up until December don't sign in December, THEN it really might be time to press the panic button, but this will be first year UTEP will actually have a December signing day, the anticipation is already kind of killing me to sign Hankins and Goodwin, but both show UTEP love on Twitter so lets hope they sign and give us an early Christmas gift on the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT