ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football Roster

He has the right to opt out but the timing is a bit suspect. The other guy is ahead of me so I will just opt out.
And in the post after that which I put, the article says his name is not in the transfer portal. I would rather wait to see if his name does drop there or not after 48 hours. Either way, I’m not going to speculate on anything, more important things than that right now.

? No where does he say he’s transferring as well. NCAA opt out for COVID is here
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...hlete-well-being-scholarships-and-eligibility

• All student-athletes must be allowed to opt out of participation due to concerns about contracting COVID-19. If a college athlete chooses to opt out, that individual’s athletics scholarship commitment must be honored by the college or university.

I bet he ends up transferring. How do you go through a week of practice, two weeks before the opener, and then decide you’re out for “health reasons”?

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Doubt this an opt-out, I think he is transferring, we will never see TJ Goodwin in a Miner uniform, not hating just my opinion.

I think he realized he wasn't going to start, and well I would guess his name pops up in the transfer portal during the holiday season.
I agree with Bigwood. I suspected that he might flake out when his brother decommitted. Either way good luck to him.

This "article" mentions a Matt Malewitz, a receiver transfer from Bowling Green could see action at QB for the Miners.

Well, Matt graduated from college in 2014. The incoming Malewitz is actually Mike Malewitz - Matt's brother. Mike is transferring in from Bowling Green, maybe, but he played baseball there, not football. Mike hasn't played football since 2017 when he played in High School. He's supposed to be here on August 28th. I doubt very much that he will see action at QB. Not sure where the "reporter" got that information. BTW, if he does see "action" at QB, I won't be watching.

This "article" mentions a Matt Malewitz, a receiver transfer from Bowling Green could see action at QB for the Miners.

Well, Matt graduated from college in 2014. The incoming Malewitz is actually Mike Malewitz - Matt's brother. Mike is transferring in from Bowling Green, maybe, but he played baseball there, not football. Mike hasn't played football since 2017 when he played in High School. He's supposed to be here on August 28th. I doubt very much that he will see action at QB. Not sure where the "reporter" got that information. BTW, if he does see "action" at QB, I won't be watching.

By then UTEP would be at 4th string so the season would be another dud.

According to this the QB who started a few games in the ill fated 2017 season isn't even on the team anymore.

Reactions: jdubb66
I have to remind myself that Wadley is still here. I feel like he was around in the 90s

Speaking of Fields, I'm actually hoping he emerges as the feature back

Fields may have a chance to be the number one because Wadley has been susceptible to injury.

Reactions: Cube Jack
What's very sad about this list is in actuality and something no one covering or talking UTEP has mentioned, UTEP has ZERO scholarship level QB's.

Hardison didn't even start at NMMI, Brownholtz was a special teamer last year, and Bravo is a JUCO walk on. Another walk on Zach Rodriguez went winless at El Paso High last year.

Terrible recruiting by Dimel, just terrible.

What's very sad about this list is in actuality and something no one covering or talking UTEP has mentioned, UTEP has ZERO scholarship level QB's.

Hardison didn't even start at NMMI, Brownholtz was a special teamer last year, and Bravo is a JUCO walk on. Another walk on Zach Rodriguez went winless at El Paso High last year.

And to think there are a few morons thinking the team might win 6 games or more this year. LMAO!

That is a GREAT point. QB is obviously the most important position on the football team and for whatever reason we’ve been picking up nobodies from the scrap heap year in and year out. I dong care how these guys play in practice, this should be a massive red flag headed into the season.

And the guy they did want to recruit couldnt even win the job and is probably gone.

Seems like Bravo wouldn't even suit out for games if Goodwin hadn't sat out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT