ADVERTISEMENT

Utep only team in Texas

Miner fans, a toast to our newest member in Texas College basketball history:

[Adult beverage in hand] "Salud Baylor!"

The obvious next step is for UTEP and Baylor to have an annual basketball game until the next Texas ncaa champ appears.
That will not happen. They have their natural rivals unless two common coaches sharing common bonds from either program welcome it. Heck, we can't even get UNM to do it on a consistent basis and that's a storied history going back generations.

Feral was right when he said they would throw them off their game and tip the scales. I thought it was possible, but not like that. I had Baylor at plus 600 as I hedged my bet with Gonzaga. I basically broke even in my futures bet, but lost on the actual game.

I did not think they would be outclassed that way, as they were really never in it.

I wonder what both teams will look like next year. SDSU is also going to be extremely strong coming out of the west as they landed 2 five star recruits to go with some strong redshirts on a very young team. Secondly, the Pac 12 may be the conference to watch as they had such an incredible showing. And lastly, I am sure the Big 10 will get 10 teams in the tournament again regardless of what they do and fall flat on their faces again.

UTEP the 1st and only* NCAA Men's Division 1 Basketball champions in the great state of Texas!

*COVID-19 Bubble year

I can live with that...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT