ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP - USM

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
Like what I see so far. Good guard play. USM has silenced Willms offensively but he is staying within his game and kicking it back out when it's not there. Jones played some good minutes defensively as well. PT being patient and letting the game come to him more. Like the bench help tonight. Even Venegas got a bucket and board or two. Somewhat unfamiliar territory being up 10 at half. Lol.

Reactions: unihorn
Willms is being super patient tonight. No need for him to force anything when the guards are on fire. DA is shooting lights out tonight. Save some for when we need em. Lol.

Only one loss separates teams 3-9. Anything can happen from here to the end of the season.

C4b5XEEWYAEW862.jpg

All of our 6 remaining games are against teams that are below us in the standings, except for Rice, who we are tied with. I like our chances to finish top 4. I think we go 5-1 down the stretch, 4-2 at worst.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but it, at the very least, has become an interesting season. This Miner team can beat any CUSA team on any given night. I hope our timing is right and we peak in the latter rounds of the conference tourney after our first round bye and a semi easy go of it in the second round.

I think us and Rice secure the first round bye along with the obvious other 2. With that said, I like our chances against the Owls. They go about 7 deep, maybe 8 on a good night. They have two averaging 18 and 19 pts/game. Those two guys are both 6'5" and/or under. Their post presence is less than overwhelming. They have a 6'7" guy and a stick figure at 6'8", 190 pounds. I think this is a game Willms will dominate. I think Jones might have a breakout games as well.

Family thing tonight so couldn't make it, nice to see they doubled my 15 point prediction. Get to work Monday guys, let's get 2 on the road this week!

Family thing tonight so couldn't make it, nice to see they doubled my 15 point prediction. Get to work Monday guys, let's get 2 on the road this week!

Had really good guard play. 50 of 80 points came from them. I know he plays our 3, but Flags is more of a guard imo. If you count him as a 3rd guard, 59 of our 80 came from the backcourt. Almost 75%.

Willms didn't have many points but his efficiency was off the charts at 4/5...80%. He was so damn patient and kicked it out when he was mauled by double AND triple teams. Flags made up for PT's off night. Although he didn't play bad...just not like he has of late. Touchet looked as comfortable as he has all season. DA's 3 point shooting was insane. 6 of 9 I think. It was a good win. Chemistry is getting better.

The assistant coaches seem more involved now, too -- maybe that's helped some.

Had really good guard play. 50 of 80 points came from them. I know he plays our 3, but Flags is more of a guard imo. If you count him as a 3rd guard, 59 of our 80 came from the backcourt. Almost 75%.

Willms didn't have many points but his efficiency was off the charts at 4/5...80%. He was so damn patient and kicked it out when he was mauled by double AND triple teams. Flags made up for PT's off night. Although he didn't play bad...just not like he has of late. Touchet looked as comfortable as he has all season. DA's 3 point shooting was insane. 6 of 9 I think. It was a good win. Chemistry is getting better.
Hurts that Dominic missed that shot against La Tech when last night he couldn't miss.

Heck, Uncle Bob even sprang for some halftime entertainment and more t-shirt tosses last night.

I think this is a pretty easy road trip, besides Rice, I think they go 3-1 and win last two games at home to finish 14-16 which is not what we all expected at the beginning of the year, but much better than we expected at the start of conf. On top of that, they've showed they can beat n e one in conf which gives some hope at least for the tourney.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Hurts that Dominic missed that shot against La Tech when last night he couldn't miss.

I agree. Can't look back too much, though. It was almost like Floyd gave Flags, Artis, Harris and Touchet the green light last night and said shoot away so that when the time comes you guys are comfortable taking "the" shot. I mean Artis missed his first two last night by a mile, one being an air ball, but he kept pulling the trigger and it started to fall.

Bottom line is that missed shot by Artis isn't what lost them the game, I'm sure you would agree. I am comfortable with Artis taking that shot 100% of the time if he is that open. Some will fall and some won't. Just hope the "right" ones fall from here on out.

I agree. Can't look back too much, though. It was almost like Floyd gave Flags, Artis, Harris and Touchet the green light last night and said shoot away so that when the time comes you guys are comfortable taking "the" shot. I mean Artis missed his first two last night by a mile, one being an air ball, but he kept pulling the trigger and it started to fall.

Bottom line is that missed shot by Artis isn't what lost them the game, I'm sure you would agree. I am comfortable with Artis taking that shot 100% of the time if he is that open. Some will fall and some won't. Just hope the "right" ones fall from here on out.

I don't think Artis' final shot against LaTech was a good look, nor was it the play they wanted. It looked to me like they wanted Omega to drive, but he was doubled and stopped.

I don't think Artis' final shot against LaTech was a good look, nor was it the play they wanted. It looked to me like they wanted Omega to drive, but he was doubled and stopped.

It was not the play they drew up. DA was wide open, though. Watched the replay several times. I'm comfortable with him taking that shot. Agree to disagree.

It was not the play they drew up. DA was wide open, though. Watched the replay several times. I'm comfortable with him taking that shot. Agree to disagree.

It just felt rushed watching it live. I haven't seen the replay.

It just felt rushed watching it live. I haven't seen the replay.

I honestly think DA was surprised Omega passed up on the shot and dished it off to him. Had 2+ seconds to get it off. It may have been a tad rushed but I really believe that had something to do with Floyd giving some guys the green light last night. Our first 4 fg attempts were from 3 point land last night. When was the last time that happened?

Reactions: unihorn
Your right on the money DA was surprised to get the ball back from Omega and didn't have enough time to gain total control of the ball and square up for a shot. Unfair to say Dominick missed the shot ~ actually O passed up the wide open one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT