ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Charlotte game thread

We were in complete control of this game. Our offense have set them up with terrific starting field position. Hopefully 12 and 33 aren’t doubting themselves after the last turnovers.
From a potential 21-7 halftime lead to being down 21-14 after that offsides negated our interception.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
You can call him a shitty coach all you want, but players at some point have to make plays.

Hankins fumble was no doubt on him, but the play caller setting Hardison up for failure is on dimel. The wasted time outs, that's dimel too. He has beat bad teams, why they may be improving its also sugar coated.

So Dimel didn't see the LB over the middle? Dimel ran the wrong route?

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
You can call him a shitty coach all you want, but players at some point have to make plays.

Agree. Players aren’t making the plays. As far as coaching, I think it’s just the unpreparedness. The constant penalties. The play calling of run or go deep. The lack of getting in a ref’s face when there is a bad call, or one that can be reviewed.

Whatever the reason is, the end result is that Dimel’s offense is not putting up enough points game after game to beat a lot of teams.

If we fall down 14 here, then it will be all but over.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Tale of 2 halves so far. If they score a TD here, it's a wrap after a promising 1st half. Just too many mistakes and turnovers are going to cause us to lose to another team we are capable of beating.

The play calling of run or go deep.
We can't abandon the run, but nothing good comes from all those deep throws. They're not "play action" type deep throws, either. If we make them think "run" and then we throw deep, that would sometimes work. But these deep throws are almost always into coverage.

I don't understand what Dimel thinks he sees when he keeps calling that play. I can't remember the last time it worked. It leads to short possessions and puts our defense back out on the field.

We can't abandon the run, but nothing good comes from all those deep throws. They're not "play action" type deep throws, either. If we make them think "run" and then we throw deep, that would sometimes work. But these deep throws are almost always into coverage.

I don't understand what Dimel thinks he sees when he keeps calling that play. I can't remember the last time it worked. It leads to short possessions and puts our defense back out on the field.

The only good to come from those deep balls are a couple PI calls that went our way. That is NOT reason enough to keep going downfield. Why do we see that and Dimel doesn’t?

There’s still time to make a comeback. Offense has to drive and score here. A TD here will put us back in the game. We’ve got to stop the turnovers and dumb penalties. We’ve got great filed position.

Reactions: miner1liner
After this game I think there are serious concerns about the qb position. Hardison's completion percentage is god awful. For the season he has to be under 50%. You can't win with a qb under 50%. You can teach a qb alot of thing accuracy isn't one of them.

Reactions: kickballpro
After this game I think there are serious concerns about the qb position. Hardison's completion percentage is god awful. For the season he has to be under 50%. You can't win with a qb under 50%. You can teach a qb alot of thing accuracy isn't one of them.
For this game he was over 50%, over 200 yards and 2 tds. The 2 ints really hurt. Were they bad throws or great defense? Hankins had over 100 yards rushing and UTEP won total yardage although late game yardage helped there. I think its way too early to ditch a soph qb. I still think this team can win up to 4 more games.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT