ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Seattle U

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Tough, tough matchup tomorrow. They beat LT. Cam Tyson is a handful to stop.

UTEP 65
Seattle 69

With a name and attitude like yours thought your expectations would be the same
I expect UTEP to beat “most” teams at home. Exceptions are Power conference, Top 25 teams, and conference championship caliber teams. Seattle isn’t any of those.

If beating a middling WAC team is surprising to you in the coach’s 3rd year, what are we doing???

I expect UTEP to beat Seattle, but I won’t be surprised at all if they lose.

I expect UTEP to beat “most” teams at home. Exceptions are Power conference, Top 25 teams, and conference championship caliber teams. Seattle isn’t any of those.

If beating a middling WAC team is surprising to you in the coach’s 3rd year, what are we doing???

They took a pretty good Washington squad into 2OT. Wouldn’t be surprised if Seattle pulls it off

I watched part of the SU/Washington game to get a feel for their team.
They've got a great point guard. That'll probably limit ZP's contribution because he'll most likely have to guard him.
They have bigs who can shoot the 3 consistently. Their Bigs are going to be a matchup nightmare. I assume every player we have over 6'7" will see some minutes, including Big Ham.
They are great from the line.
In their losses, SU has been really close at the end and pushed Washington to 2 OTs. But that sounds like UTEP last year. This year the Miners are closing out some games they would have lost a year ago.
SU is 0-3 on the road.

Put all of those facts into a blender and you'll come up with a lump of Kryptonite. We should lose this one.

If we win it'll be a great springboard into conference play. If we lose it'll be what was expected.

I'm a homer and never bet against the Miners. Defense and depth can win this game.
Tep 69
SU 67

Reactions: MINER.JAY

Although I agree with what you’re saying, we are not that team. Seems like most expectations have us losing so winning would be a decent surprise. Shouldn’t be, but would be unfortunately. It’s just where we’re at right now. I do think they pull it off at home myself but going to be closer than what you’re guessing in my opinion. I like the way they battled in the tourney and think they continue with that grit and get the win.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Hell yeah. Mando is back.

Oompa_Loompa_by_Tyrus88.jpg

Two points in over 4 minutes of play to start the game. At least we're consistent

Terrible attendance. Who scheduled a game during a Cowboys game? You would think UTEP learned lessons by now. If we're going to do this, we better have a damn good basketball team.
No, just another lame excuse. If UTEP had a team that won games and wasn’t boring AF, they could get more fans.

The problem is UTEP and Jim Senter, not the Cowboys and fans not going.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Oh okay so what you're saying is our roster is full of players that should be coming off the bench?
Nah, I'd like at least some of the guys on the bench to be able to shoot! We have a bench that replicates the ineptitude of our starters, though, which for us is depth.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
No, just another lame excuse. If UTEP had a team that won games and wasn’t boring AF, they could get more fans.

The problem is UTEP and Jim Senter, not the Cowboys and fans not going.
We all know EP is a Cowboys market. There are absolutely some people that stayed home instead of going to UTEP. How much of a difference is unknown but it did make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT