ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Seattle U

Did anyone see Seattle’s home court? It holds like 1,000 people and they have better players than UTEP. Oh and this is their coach’s 3rd year.

Did anyone see Seattle’s home court? It holds like 1,000 people and they have better players than UTEP. Oh and this is their coach’s 3rd year.
They go between that court and another that can seat over 10k that is owned by the city of Seattle. The small court does generate a lot of noise though so it can be imposing.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Powell literally gives no effort on the other side of the floor if things aren’t going his way. He’s a diva. I think at this point I think I’d rather have guys that want to play hard and for the love of the game than guys just coming to cash a check. NIL is not for our level of college athletics. They’ll come and just cash in knowing it doesn’t have to be earned

They go between that court and another that can seat over 10k that is owned by the city of Seattle. The small court does generate a lot of noise though so it can be imposing.
I looked. They will play 3 whole games there this year. 1 of which was against Washington.

I wonder if Golding regrets bringing back Boum, Kennedy, and Tydus during his first year. Playing with Terry's guys really put us back one year. And now in year 3, it's sort of like being in year 2 of a rebuild, which has also placed him on the hot seat. Given, even on year 2 we shouldn't be blown out by 20 at home against a WAC team but here we are.

I wonder if Golding regrets bringing back Boum, Kennedy, and Tydus during his first year. Playing with Terry's guys really put us back one year. And now in year 3, it's sort of like being in year 2 of a rebuild, which has also placed him on the hot seat. Given, even on year 2 we shouldn't be blown out by 20 at home against a WAC team but here we are.
Wouldn’t have mattered really. Anyone good would have transferred. He turned over most of his roster from last year anyway. He can’t recruit here.

Reactions: picks up
If he hadn't brought those guys back he wouldn't have had a decent season at UTEP

Do college basketball coaches ever get fired during the season? Seems like if Senter had any balls, he would do it. Loser mentality. It's very insulting to our fan base. As if that's the best we deserve. Just a bunch of grifters hiring other good ole boys
They do. He’s 8-5 though dude! Didn’t you watch the UCSB game?!?!?!!?

Powell literally gives no effort on the other side of the floor if things aren’t going his way. He’s a diva. I think at this point I think I’d rather have guys that want to play hard and for the love of the game than guys just coming to cash a check. NIL is not for our level of college athletics. They’ll come and just cash in knowing it doesn’t have to be earned
Yep. Put in Jones, slide down Hardy and Camper and let Powell come off the bench. Give more minutes to Terrell too. We aren't gonna win with Powell taking all the minutes at the point. Might as well get next year's guys more minutes (as long as Golding is coach).

I didn’t expect a win and Tyson was a WAC preseason MVP, but I did not expect such a horrid game from UTEP.

Well he can't recruit. That was the best case scenario for him.

1st mistake though was letting Williams hang around forever in that 1st season. All he had to do was recruit a big and he couldn't do it.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Okay man. Again, UTEPs 3rd year, highly paid coach should be able to beat WAC teams at home. Especially ones that hadn’t won on the road yet. Not sure why it’s hard for you to understand.
Again man, we’re not that team. Someone who undervalues utep athletics, I thought would be easier to understand. SHOULD we be beating these teams YES, are we NO! A bottom half conference USA team is no longer miles ahead of a middle of the pack wac team. We aren’t in the early 2000’s anymore

If UTEP is gonna make it a habit to drop games to lower level conference teams, then they need to be prepared for attendance to reflect the attendance of those lower level teams. The Don was empty today and with this continued disappointment it'll be empty for the rest of the season, cowboy game or no.
Again man, we’re not that team. Someone who undervalues utep athletics, I thought would be easier to understand. SHOULD we be beating these teams YES, are we NO! A bottom half conference USA team is no longer miles ahead of a middle of the pack wac team. We aren’t in the early 2000’s anymore

You expected a win and we’re down 24. So probabaly would have been a surprise beating this team now no?
He expected a UTEP win in the sense that the expectation for UTEP is to win home games against WAC teams. If that's not the expectation then we are beyond hope.

He probably expected a loss because he has no faith in Golding, but that's not  the expectation for UTEP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT